Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: MIT Engineers

Post by aTm » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:14 pm

My understanding of it is if we printed up Goatpen Bucks, handed out ledger books for people to log all transactions that take place in Goatpen bucks and then paid them a little bit from our stash when they bring a completely filled out ledger book back to us and we add it to our complete library of transactions. Also we start paying out less Bucks for later ledgers than we do the first ledgers.

So mining is getting paid for maintaining the currency records (which is done through solving complex math problems rather than filling out a ledger book), which slowly releases the currency out there in ever decreasing amounts to the people who have machines working on solving the problem and compiling the transactions. I have no idea what happens when (if?) the effort of compiling the block chain no longer is worth the effort of the value you get back in bitcoin. I guess maybe the expectation is that inflation will handle that.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:06 pm

Thanks, that cleared it up for me...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:18 pm

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:43 pm

18 minute mark:

[youtube]YSn7Iomisyc[/youtube]

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:09 pm

AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!
Let 'er Blow!

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:08 am

Only 2 people in the world who could write bitcoin? Where's Crow????
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:35 am

He's one of them...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:37 am

Goddamn, this shit has gone from $8000 on Friday to $11,000 today. WTF? This is like the tulip craze...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:19 am

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:06 am

Im rich!

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:46 am

[youtube]9g3--WYH8SY[/youtube]

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:59 am

So I've been on a bit of a computer hardware upgrade around the house - actually I've just been buying some used Dell E6410/E6420 laptops off ebay with i5 processors. You can pick one up without a hard drive or power supply for like $60 in pretty good shape. Then you can buy a power supply for $15 and an adequate hard drive for $70 - giving you an i5 dell business laptop for about $150. A Dell business laptop isn't like their cheap consumer stuff. They are made to last and while they aren't bullet proof, you can reasonably expect to get 10 years out of one.

So in doing this I found that you can download a Windows program call Windows 10 media creator tool. With that tool you can get an 8gb memory stick (about $5 at office Depot) or an external USB hard drive that you have laying around and it will create a bootable windows 10 installation device for you.

Now whether you have an older laptop running Windows 7 ( I used to be biased and prefer windows 7 but now I'm OK with windows 10) or one to build one or rebuild one like I talked about above, you can go into the bios of the computer (usually by pressing F8, F10, F12 or the delete button when it boots up , it will tell you) and telling the computer to boot from a usb device. Then when you turn it on, it will install windows 10 for you.

After it installs you have to go back into the bios and tell it to boot from the HDD, not the USB device otherwise you are in a loop.

Immediately after Windows is installed, download Malwarebytes and Superantispyware anti-virus tools. Windows comes with a monitoring tool called Windows Defender, however Malwarebytes - the latest version anyways, is particularly good about stopping your browser from throwing up junk and sites that hijack it. You''ll be using their new browser called Edge to do this. Similar enough to explorer you'll figure it out easily enough.

OK, so after you do that, then download an ISO image of Office2013 or 2016 (right now I prefer 2013 because its still not all invested in the cloud). You shouldn't have to search too hard to find one but if are doing this and want my help I can provide you a link. Malwarebytes is important at this point

Unzip the ISO file and then install Office 2013.

Its a damn shame there are people out there that do this and make it available for anyone to easily activate both windows 10 and office 2013 by downloading a product called windows activator version 1.12 by KMS and running it on their machine. Like I said, I can't believe someone would be so uncaring as to write a program like this that you can find in muliple places that would take a machine with an unlicensed version of Windows 10 and Office 2013 and activate them. Who would do such a thing? I mean they made it so easy all you have to do it literally install it and then press two buttons in the softare to activate Windows 10 and then 2 more to activate Office 2013.

I mean, they made it so easy that all you'd have to do is PM someone who knows something about it and ask them for it and they'd probably send it you - that's how crazy it is and it just not fair to Microsoft.

When you install SuperAntiSpyware it also installs Chrome for you. Go into chrome and then search for extensions/add-ons for Adblock plus, youtube adblock and facebook adblock.

After that you should have a pretty good working machine to doing the everyday things you do with a computer.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:33 pm

Or you could buy a Mac and turn it on.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:06 pm

Heh
Let 'er Blow!

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:00 pm

Cletus wrote:Or you could buy a Mac and turn it on.
He doesn't go to Starbucks to be noticed and he wants to save 2K in the process.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:02 am

Who goes to Starbucks? I drink the cheap Mexican coffee at home and I have a Mac. Although it's probably going to be my last one because it's getting slower and I don't have the money to buy another one.

I hate Windows but I basically use my computer to write stories, use the browser, use email, store photos and sometimes go on Twitter and FB. If money wasn't a problem, I'd stick with Mac but fuck Apple and their bullshit. I'm signing up for whatever eCat's selling.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:44 pm

AA, we're going to be driving down to Tuscaloosa the weekend of Jan 12 for a campus visit. We're going to eat at DePalmas Saturday night.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:51 pm

This is a first

[img2][/img2]

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:30 pm

Bit coin went from around 15,000 this morning to 19,000 by noon. Then, in a 30 minute stretch, it went back down to 15,000 and now is back up to 18,000. Goddamn...

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Is Logan on it?