Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by Saint » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:10 pm

Hard to say. He's a scoring machine but, IMO, his Greenfield teams have underachieved the last 2 years. From a playing style, he makes me think of Joe Forte. However, he's a smart and humble kid who works extremely hard. I don't know how much of a splash he'll make next season

hedge
Legend
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:38 pm

"I'm getting a sense that Williamson may go to UNC. Coby White told me last week they weren't done signing people. I should have asked if he meant Williamson but I didn't. I was ready to leave the signing ceremony and didn't care enough to ask further."

Wow, that's really some Woodward and Bernstein level of can-do investigative work there. Way to dig deep, Stu...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:47 pm

hedge wrote:"I'm getting a sense that Williamson may go to UNC. Coby White told me last week they weren't done signing people. I should have asked if he meant Williamson but I didn't. I was ready to leave the signing ceremony and didn't care enough to ask further."

Wow, that's really some Woodward and Bernstein level of can-do investigative work there. Way to dig deep, Stu...
he needs his own deep throat
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:49 pm

In the worst possible way...

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:49 pm

Saint wrote:Hard to say. He's a scoring machine but, IMO, his Greenfield teams have underachieved the last 2 years. From a playing style, he makes me think of Joe Forte. However, he's a smart and humble kid who works extremely hard. I don't know how much of a splash he'll make next season
It has been a while since Goldsboro has had a college player of real note, and I’m hoping he is it.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:50 pm

hedge wrote:In the worst possible way...
Speaking of...what are the MYF’s daughters up to these days?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:57 pm

Locked in tight with boyfriends. It's depressing, b/c I could see either or both of them marrying these guys. Not that I have anything against either of them, but goddamn, live a little before you throw you life away on a fucking spouse...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:00 pm

BTW, the MIF was on the verge of tears when she saw your wife's birthday paean to you on Facebook. I, on the other hand, was on the verge of vomiting...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:05 pm

the line for KU tonight -4.5

I'd take that. I'd take it if it -7.5
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:13 pm

hedge wrote:BTW, the MIF was on the verge of tears when she saw your wife's birthday paean to you on Facebook. I, on the other hand, was on the verge of vomiting...
It’s not my style, but she tolerates me and my bullshit. So, I’m able to roll with things like that.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:14 pm

hedge wrote:Locked in tight with boyfriends. It's depressing, b/c I could see either or both of them marrying these guys. Not that I have anything against either of them, but goddamn, live a little before you throw you life away on a fucking spouse...
People shouldn’t marry before they’re thirty years old. Don’t lock yourself down during your prime fucking years.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:24 pm

I firmly believe you get married to have kids.

and that's for the benefit of both sexes.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:51 pm

hedge wrote:"I'm getting a sense that Williamson may go to UNC. Coby White told me last week they weren't done signing people. I should have asked if he meant Williamson but I didn't. I was ready to leave the signing ceremony and didn't care enough to ask further."

I work according to my pay grade, sir.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:07 pm

This is from Ross Martin at IC:

North Carolina has one remaining target in the 2018 class -- Zion Williamson -- and Roy Williams's full court press continues.

The UNC head coach was at Spartanburg (S.C.) Day School on Tuesday morning to see the 6-6, 272-pound forward, his family confirmed to Inside Carolina.

This is Williams's second visit to Spartanburg Day this month. Williamson, a consensus Top 3 prospect in the senior class, has made four trips to Chapel Hill during his recruitment, most recently his official visit last month.

Williamson has not recently confirmed his decision timeline. He is also considering Clemson, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, and South Carolina. The NCAA's Fall Signing Period concludes on Wednesday, Nov. 15.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:17 pm

The recruitment of Zion Williamson appears to be going into the spring.

With just one day left to sign during the fall signing period, it looks as though Williamson will not sign early, meaning his recruitment could drag on for several more months.

That appears even more true after Williamson missed his visit with the Clemson Tigers this weekend, according to a report by The State. Williamson was scheduled to attend one of two Clemson basketball games this past weekend, but did not make it to either, the report said.

Matt Connolly of The State also said Williamson missed a visit to South Carolina for a scrimmage against Virginia Tech last week. It’s unclear if Williamson will reschedule his visit with South Carolina, but he is expected to visit Clemson at some point.

Recently, experts from Rivals have expressed belief that Zion Williamson’s decision will come down to Kentucky and Clemson.

Eric Bossi said that Clemson is a candidate because they’re home and Williamson’s stepfather played there. On the other hand, Williamson’s one-and-done route would go best at Kentucky and he’d have a better chance to win and play his style because the defense wouldn’t just be focusing on him, Bossi said.

“Right now there's not much good info out there and I don't think he really has any idea of what he would like to do just yet,” Bossi said.

Corey Evans was alone in saying that North Carolina and Duke are not out of the race. He’s also giving UK and Clemson a good chance as well.

Duke is a program that is not getting enough attention, nor is its rival at UNC. Let's not discount Clemson either, as the idea of playing close to home and being the guy to jumpstart the program that his stepfather once played at is definitely a point of emphasis by the Tigers' staff. I am going to stick with UK for now but I really would not be shocked with whichever program Williamson chooses.

Dan McDonald is leaning Clemson, and Krysten Peek is leaning Kentucky.

While Kentucky is still the favorite in Williamson’s crystal ball, the picks have been changing. “Foggy” predictions are now the second-highest selection percentage-wise, as 13 percent of the predictions are foggy. Kansas and Duke are at 13 percent as well and North Carolina is at seven percent. Clemson currently has just one prediction, though it was the most recent prediction.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:21 pm

Can't take very seriously a report that has Clemson as one of two final candidates for a top 3 basketball recruit.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Also, does anyone ever check those recruiting site percentages after the fact?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:33 pm

UK, KU and Dook are all in Chicago tonight, so Roy slips down to visit with Zion. I like it...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:38 pm

Saint wrote:Also, does anyone ever check those recruiting site percentages after the fact?
probably about as much as they do IC

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:43 pm

remember that game when we had Karl Towns and the Harrison Twins and we skull fucked Kansas on national TV?

I hope Kansas doesn't