Ostensibly Hoops

The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Ron Mexico
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Prairie View A&M

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by Ron Mexico » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Washburn! If it's really you, post the Popeye picture...

Ron Mexico
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Prairie View A&M

Post by Ron Mexico » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:30 pm

Some of that Floater story is news to me, I think I was away during part of that saga and there was also some glitch with WC at the time where it kept putting me on read only or something so I wasn't really able to follow it. It's a sad state of affairs when anyone allows freaking Rat to run them off though...

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:12 pm

Ron Mexico wrote:Some of that Floater story is news to me, I think I was away during part of that saga and there was also some glitch with WC at the time where it kept putting me on read only or something so I wasn't really able to follow it. It's a sad state of affairs when anyone allows freaking Rat to run them off though...
Yeah. Floater would fuck with Rat and somehow it would kick you and I off whenever Floater used the admin settings.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Owlman » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:13 pm

I remember him getting upset, I didn't realize that it was the reason he left.
My Dad is my hero still.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:17 pm

I think Floater got Mecca and Rat confused.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:57 pm

I only called Crow by.his first name because it pissed him off. I thought it was funny how he brought up the employer stuff. Guess he was the only ****** in St. Louis. My bad. Fuck him though anyway. Floater was just bat shit crazy at the end.

Cats rule
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by Cats rule » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:41 pm

"I've worked for a boss since first grade so I can't wait to have nobody to answer to!!"

i just got worried for the mrs. washburn...

Cats rule
Sophomore

Post by Cats rule » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:43 pm

Ron Mexico wrote:Some of that Floater story is news to me, I think I was away during part of that saga and there was also some glitch with WC at the time where it kept putting me on read only or something so I wasn't really able to follow it. It's a sad state of affairs when anyone allows freaking Rat to run them off though...
it would be easy enough to have missed it...the blow-up wasn't long and drawn out by any means

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:46 pm

Its a gift.

Ben Washburn
Recruit

Post by Ben Washburn » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:32 pm

Ron Mexico wrote:Washburn! If it's really you, post the Popeye picture...
Chuck, Popeye was many PGs and two NCs ago--if I were to post a cartoon of our PG today it would be more like the Pink Panther.
This is a block of text that I added to posts I make. There is a 255 character limit but I didn't need to use it all.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:40 pm

LAHAINA, Hawaii — Three-time champion North Carolina and first-time participant Butler headline the field for the 2012 EA Sports Maui Invitational.
The rest of the teams that will play in the championship round at the Lahaina Civic Center announced Wednesday are Illinois, Marquette, Mississippi State, Southern California, Texas and Division II Chaminade, the host school.
North Carolina won tournament in 1999, 2004 and 2008. After their last two appearances, the Tar Heels went on to win the NCAA championship.
Butler, the NCAA tournament runner-up the last two years, and Mississippi State will be appearing for the first time.
The four Division I teams that will participate in the opening and regional games of the 2012 Maui Invitational will be announced later.
The 2011 tournament will be Nov. 21-23 and features Duke, Georgetown, Kansas, Memphis, Michigan, Tennessee, UCLA and Chaminade.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati

Post by TheBigMook » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:29 am

Thats all well and good, but, where are the Maui brackets?
THE OG SSG

TheBigMook
Henchman #1

Post by TheBigMook » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:23 pm

Yancy didn't make the cut for the Goodwill Games. Not sure how that will effect him. I guess it could motivate him, but then again, hardly anything seems to motivate him short of Mick getting on his ass for half a season.
THE OG SSG

C MAC
Recruit
College Hoops Affiliation: Iowa

Post by C MAC » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:36 am

Does this place still exist?

TheBigMook
Henchman #1

Post by TheBigMook » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:48 am

No
THE OG SSG

C MAC
Recruit
College Hoops Affiliation: Iowa

Post by C MAC » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:14 am

ok, thanks

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:02 pm

ABOUT THIS BLOG

Brennan joined ESPN.com in 2009 after several years of blogging at Yahoo! and other places around the Internet. The Iowa native lives in Chicago with his roommates, his dog, and a crippling addiction to caffeine.

Diamond Leung

Leung joined ESPN.com in 2009 after five years at The Press-Enterprise in Riverside, Calif., where he covered sports at UCLA, USC and the Los Angeles Dodgers beat. He lives in San Francisco.
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:10 pm

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:28 pm

LAHAINA, Hawaii — Duke will face Tennessee in the championship round of the EA Sports Maui Invitational, which is undergoing its first expansion since 1986.
Other matchups at the Lahaina Civic Center on Nov. 21 include Michigan vs. Memphis, UCLA facing host Chaminade and Georgetown playing Kansas. The winners meet in the semifinals on Nov. 22, with the championship game on Nov. 23.
Duke has won a record four EA Sports Maui Invitationals in as many appearances.
For the first time since the field expanded from four to eight teams in 1986, there will be “regional games” that will include four schools — Towson, North Carolina-Greensboro, Belmont and Middle Tennessee State — which will play games on the mainland as part of the new 12-team format.
Regional play will start on Nov. 11 with Towson at Kansas, North Carolina-Greensboro at Tennessee and Belmont at Duke. On Nov. 14, Towson is at Michigan and North Carolina-Greensboro is at Georgetown. Middle Tennessee State will be at UCLA Nov. 15, and Belmont is at Memphis.
The mainland games continue Nov. 19 at Middle Tennessee State with North Carolina-Greensboro facing Middle Tennessee State and Towson against Belmont. The winners and losers will play on Nov. 20.
Duke is 12-0 all-time in the tournament, having won in 1992, 1997, 2001 and 2007. Michigan won in 1985 and 1988, while Kansas took the title in 1996 and UCLA in 2006.
Chaminade, the Division II school that has hosted the tournament since its inception, has compiled a 6-73 record in the event.
Connecticut beat Kentucky 84-67 to win last year's Maui Invitational. The teams went on to meet in the Final Four in Houston four months later with eventual national champion Connecticut winning again, 56-55.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:24 am

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 85603.html

•Top basketball prospect Reese verbally commits to A&M

COLLEGE STATION – The Reese Plan is coming together at Texas A&M. Bryan's J-Mychal Reese, one of the nation's top prospects at guard, verbally committed to play for new Aggies coach Billy Kennedy on Friday.

“I appreciate everybody showing love on my decision!!” Reese wrote Friday via Twitter.

Reese chose the Aggies over Kansas and Louisville. Meanwhile a Bryan official said Friday night that Bryan High boys basketball coach John Reese, J-Mychal’s father, has tendered his resignation and will round out Kennedy’s staff. John Reese is a highly respected coach in both the high school and AAU ranks, one insider said.

Bryan superintendent Thomas Wallis neither confirmed nor denied Reese’s pending resignation – Friday was an off day – and Bryan athletic director Harry Francis said nothing yet is official concerning a resignation from Reese

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... z1UFMu0Lyc
My Dad is my hero still.