The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Ron Mexico
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Prairie View A&M

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by Ron Mexico » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:30 pm

hedge wrote:
"It was during the worst stretch of Pacers basketball that I can remember that Hansbrough showed his heart, by throwing out 17, 26, 21, 20, 29, and 30. When everyone else got worse, he got better, when no one thought he could. He can. Few players have this ability.

That's the heart of a champion. His level of play stirred everyone, from players to fans. And we played ourselves back into the playoffs the rest of the way. What if Tyler Hansbrough hadn't have happened? Would we be talking playoffs today?
If the NBA East didn't suck ass and if the NBA didn't take everyone and their brother into the playoffs, that dilwad wouldn't be talking playoffs today. The Pacers were 37 and fucking 45, it's pathetic that such a mark would get you into the playoffs.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:37 pm

How did that storm miss two prime targets?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:02 am

hedge wrote:I'm glad he wasn't talking about Blake Griffin. I, too, like Hansbrow's game better than Blake Griffen's...
BAHAHAHAHA!!!!

So far so good!

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Saint » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:00 am

aTm wrote:How did that storm miss two prime targets?

Hedge was hiding behind his mif but I stood toe-to-toe with the tornado. it clearly wanted no piece of my shit as it even pushed the trees it knocked down on the property line into my neighbors yard. I'm pretty sure if I hadn't been in the bathroom taking a leak when it came across the street but instead out in the yard, it would have halted its little path right there and gotten the fuck on back up in the sky.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:11 am

If the NBA East didn't suck ass and if the NBA didn't take everyone and their brother into the playoffs, that dilwad wouldn't be talking playoffs today. The Pacers were 37 and fucking 45, it's pathetic that such a mark would get you into the playoffs.
Finally, something the zombie and I agree on. The Pacers SHOULD NOT be in the playoffs. It is a joke. It is a joke that they were even close in those two games in Chicago. I hate the NBA and hopefully it folds so we can just have Lebron dressing up in drag to play in the WNBA.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Bluecat
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by Bluecat » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:52 am

Disturbing that BRM openly wants to see a 6-foot-8, 240 lbs. black man in women's attire.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by sardis » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:43 am

I do feel BRM will get his wish, at least for next year...

No NBA, I mean, not the transgender fantasy.

Ron Mexico
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Prairie View A&M

Post by Ron Mexico » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:28 am

I'm sure he can find a way to make that wish come true too. Maybe not with Lebron per se...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:41 am

Liggins, Jones, Knight. Gone

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:56 am

Jungle Rat wrote:Liggins, Jones, Knight. Gone

I think Liggins and Jones will be back.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:25 am

Liggins, I can see, but Jones??? Uh uh, I don't see that happening at all. I would believe Knight would stay before Jones would return to UK.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:57 pm

next years draft is definitely working against us. Jones will have to believe that returning a year will move him into the top 5 next year and given it will be a loaded draft, and given he may not be 100% committed to improving there are many reasons to believe he'll stay in the draft.

What I think is going to happen however is that during workouts , teams are going to see that he isn't really polished, he needs to improve his offense so he won't be so easy to defend and returning to a UK loaded team next year where he won't really have to fight for time and he'll get the nod over any returning player for the frontcourt and that will give him alot of exposure nationally. Anybody that has watched UK this year can tell you there were times when UK needed Jones to step up and he didn't - against inferior talent. If he has any mixed workouts, then I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he gets embarassed by a few players that are really hungry to make a name for themselves.

Knight on the other hand is going to have to share minutes with Teague at the point or Lamb at the 2. Lamb is going to move into the role of a true shooting guard next year, probably the purist shooter we've had in years, so even though Knight was clearly the most important freshmen on this years team, next year he may have to fight for his spot. I say this because Teague isn't going to accept a "relief" role on the team.

It would be a disaster for him coming back if Teague were to somehow earn the starting PG spot. I don't think Teague would get it, even if Cal believed he was better. Given he (Knight) is lottery now and will probably be the best PG behind Walker ( he is considered top 5 now right?), I can't see him coming back to split minutes when there is no ceiling for him to improve for the NBA.

Not to give credence to Crotch's theory about Cal, but I could actually see a situation where Knight coming back and competing with Teague in Cal's eyes would be a challenge to recruiting the next great PG down the road. Not to mention it will almost certainly cost him Trevor Lacey.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:06 pm

Rationale about Liggins
DeAndre Liggins, though, has more uncertainty and, assumably, more to learn by putting his name into the draft. Apparently, he has to find out if he’s a first round pick. And that answer isn’t as obvious as you might think it is.

As Matt mentioned on the air Wednesday morning, the word from someone who is very in touch with the draft situation is that there are one or two teams who are seriously considering Liggins with their late first round picks. It seems that Mindfreak is benefiting from a breakout season as a defensive stopper and emotional leader, as well as a weakened draft, and doing something that would have been unthinkable even a week or two ago. He’s apparently pushing for a spot in the first round. Not only would that guarantee him a contract, conventional wisdom says it would also put him in the best spot for sustained professional success by putting him in the same productive position he was on at UK - on a very good team as a role player.
interesting that being a late round pick is his best option and plays to his skillset.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:40 pm

Liggins will pull a Marquis Estill and spend time in the European League if he inks. Huge mistake IMO for him. One more year to polish his skills and he could easily be a late 1st round pick next year. I could care less about Jones...never cared for his laziness and attitude anyway. Knight is definitely a top 5 pick and could still be one next season but no doubt the big money will lure him to draft. Liggins is the main player that is the key to UK's success next season. He definitely needs to stay in skool.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Man, I thought Carolina fans had headaches in dealing with NBA early entries. I'd lose my mind if we had to go through a complete roster turnover every year. Unless we suck ass like we did in 2002 or 2010, I prefer having the players stick around for at least two years. Of course, you've got to take a Marvin Williams and a Harrison Barnes when you can get them. What a mess!

Stormaktstiden
Freshman
College Hoops Affiliation: Presbyterian

Post by Stormaktstiden » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:06 pm

Liggins has family issues and if he can get paid he's gone. He's a father and has a little one to provide for already.

Of course, out of all three that are potentially leaving Liggins will hurt the most as 6'7" freak athletes that can guard anyone on the floor, rebound their ass off, and make clutch plays down the stretch are hard to come by. Despite missing that 3 against UCONNE, Liggins made play after play in crunch time in the NCAA tournament on both ends of the floor. Especially against OSU and UNC.
Where vice is vengeance follows.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:34 pm

I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:44 pm

If Carolina was playing on television, we always muted it and put Woody on the radio. My parents stopped doing it as often when the radio and television signals started to be a few seconds apart, but I still did it some.

I can remember many nights when I was either grounded or sent to bed early for some reason and Carolina was playing. I'd grab my walkman, slide under the covers, put my earphones on and listen to Woody and Mick call the action. There were a few times when I would let out some type of emotional outburst that let my parents know what was going on, but they never made me turn it off.

Fare thee well, Woody, and thanks for the memories...

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:59 pm

Woody was the perfect announcer for UNC.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:28 pm

I was wondering when the embittered, red-headed-stepchild of the ACC would comment...