Music

The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Re: Music

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:56 pm

I need to find the full track to this remix, if Nissan wants to sell cars they should stop holding out :

[youtube]s1MR4v8bNtw[/youtube]
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:09 am

Supposedly, Nissan is going to release the remix of Deano's classic. It must've been made specifically for them.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:40 pm

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:50 am

that can't be real. and bae means shit in Danish.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:20 am

It's real and there are plenty more of them.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:19 pm

Stu, you have no teenagers in your life? Bae is short for "baby" (for the most part).

I still don't believe that many people are ignorant of Paul McCartney. At least this version of Paul. Not the original one who died on Abbey Road.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:18 pm

Lil John talks about Coachella 2015

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:45 pm

Bklyn wrote:Stu, you have no teenagers in your life? Bae is short for "baby" (for the most part).

I still don't believe that many people are ignorant of Paul McCartney. At least this version of Paul. Not the original one who died on Abbey Road.
Maybe this cartoon was about Stu?

[img2]http://chainsawsuit.com/wp-content/uplo ... reking.png[/img2]
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:08 pm

so I'm watching this "behind the scenes" show with Elvis about the 6 shows he did in Vegas.

This was just before he let himself go - so he was in full badass mode - in shape with the jumpsuit open down to his bellybutton, wolverine sideburns and the snarled lip before it was eclipsed with 3 double chins - around 1970

You can tell it had been a loooong time since anyone had told him "you know, I don't think that's such a good idea"

He has some big stars in the audience, Cary Grant, George Hamilton, Sammy Davis, Charro, Joey Bishop, and a few assorted others

Anyways, he just fucking mails in this show - doesn't finish any song past the second verse - I mean he is still Elvis so he can sing his ass off but for example - Hound Dog - he doesn't even bother to finish the chorus - he's like aww fuck it, they know the words. Jailhouse Rock is about a minute long. He is out of breath every time he talks to the audience which is between every song and he says some lame ass shit but you know he's Elvis, he could fart in the microphone and women are gonna scream his name.

He's got this veteran star sensibility about him but at the same time I've heard more profound shit from Jessco huffing paint - and when he sings Love me Tender, the second verse of the song is him walking around the audience kissing women - like 40 or 50. Horn rimmed glasses and Aqua-net beauty queens all of 'em. If the lights went out you could set their hair on fire and they'd burn like torches for hours.

And just when I've totally given up on him, he sings this song I've never heard from him called Pretend and he fucking knocks it out of the park. Full on gospel mode with the female backup singers and 26 piece band. A few songs later he does the Righteous Brothers "You've Lost that Loving Feeling" and you can just see panties dropping all over that room --and he just fucking knows he can do anything he wants. Yea, 30 minutes ago I was mumbling into a microphone trying to remember the words, but how you like me now? I'm Elvis Aaron Presley goddammit and you're never going to forget this night as long as you live.

Its amazing watching this show knowing that he'll be dead 6 years later.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:12 pm

That was actually a man named Sebastian Haff.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:27 am

I started hanging out with this redneck dude in 8th grade (when I started smoking pot), first time I went out to his house (can't remember how I got there, probably his brother Timmy), his mom, who was probably 30 or 35 years old but looked like she was 50, had Elvis pictures all over the wall and even a shrine. This was 1979, so E had already been dead 2 years. I couldn't understand it, but part of that was probably b/c my young, still-forming mind was addled by marijuana. I do remember thinking it was a sad, weird scene that I was simultaneously repelled by yet somehow attracted to. I think it was the sadness I was repelled by and the weirdness I was attracted to. I remember telling my parents, who I knew would disapprove of my hanging out with this guy, that his dad was a pastor, thinking that would somehow make it OK. As a side note, the team that me and this dude (Robert) were on won the 8th grade recreation league championship in basketball that year...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:58 am

aTm wrote:
Bklyn wrote:Stu, you have no teenagers in your life? Bae is short for "baby" (for the most part).

Maybe this cartoon was about Stu?

[img2]http://chainsawsuit.com/wp-content/uplo ... reking.png[/img2]
LMAO

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 pm

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:09 pm

I was just telling my granddaughter, who loves that crap, that it all sounded the same to me. And the female singers all sound the same.
Let 'er Blow!

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:36 pm

Song of the year. Game is over.

[youtube]4TmPPhMpmWo[/youtube]
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:42 am

Benjamin Scott "Ben" Folds (born September 12, 1966) is an American singer-songwriter and record producer. From 1995 to 2000, Folds was the frontman and pianist of the alternative rock band Ben Folds Five

Folds attended the University of Miami's Frost School of Music on a percussion scholarship, but dropped out with one credit to go before graduating. He devoted a lot of time to working on piano technique. "I spent maybe six months just running scales with a metronome like a freak," Folds said. "I suppose that did something."[8]

Folds tells audiences about a jury recital when he was a student at the University of Miami's music school. A jury recital consists of playing a prepared repertoire (and sometimes unprepared pieces from prior years of training) before faculty members who apply a grade for the entire semester. Folds, a pianist, showed up with a broken hand from defending his roommate from bullies the night before, but was required to play anyway. He ended up losing his scholarship and threw his drum kit into the campus' Lake Osceola out of frustration

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:16 pm

I thought Ben Folds was from Chapel Hill

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:18 pm

Speaking of Elvis...

[youtube]G6mjD0lGgPg[/youtube]
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:31 pm

that's actually a really good quality recording

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:07 pm

Kinda Lingers - one of the latest songs from The Mummies

The song isn't that great but just listen to the lyrics. You'll enjoy it

[youtube]iG2117ELIUU[/youtube]