Tennessee Volunteers

Moderators: aTm, Dr. Strangelove, AlabamAlum, innocentbystander

gule
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: South Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Re: Tennessee Volunteers

Post by gule » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:14 pm

Tn is going undefeated this year! mark it down.... at least till the 1st game is played...

gule
Sophomore

Post by gule » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:16 pm

Damn, my male kidlet, born after I started reading @ CNNSI has reached 15 years old.... seems like he just got here... :(

DDAL
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgia

Post by DDAL » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:17 am

It's hard to believe it has been over 15 years since we CNNSI message boards.
34 Years and Counting...

Orangefreak
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Orangefreak » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:21 pm

Well shit the bed. South Carolina got their @#$% kicked. And Vanderbilt looked like a joke in their game. What a bunch of dumbasses to put a slogan on the back of their jersey's. Penalized a timeout per quarter. LMAO. Their coach leaves and they return to their old ways.

The good news about Carolinas is they at least lost to a SEC team.

Prior to the season, everyone seemed to have us pegged for a 5-7 type season which included a loss to Carolina. The way they played on defense and the fact they lost their key player last season to the NFL (Clowney?), Carolina's defense it beginning to look pretty soft. If all the cards fall into place and we make it through the season with minimal injuries while picking up a win at Carolina, we could make get a sixth win to go to a bowl game. Then again, it was just the first game of the season. I should be careful there.

Vandy, they looked like... Vandy. LMAO.

I CAN'T WAIT TILL TOMORROW WHEN I CAN SCREAM AND YELL MY ASS OFF WITH A 104K+ OF MY CLOSE FRIENDS AS I WATCH MY VOLS!!

GO VOLS!!
Let the Jones era begin

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:52 am

Pretty good start at 2-0.

Hope our young guys don't stb too bad in Norman this Sat. night.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Orangefreak
Senior

Post by Orangefreak » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:53 am

Yeah, I'm hoping that as well. We don't have the horses to run with Oklahoma the full game but you hope the represent well. It would be nice if we hanged with them for at least the first half or something like that before the war of attrition sets in.

Bad thing about this is our next win probably won't come until we play UT-Chattanooga which is on 10/11. :(
Let the Jones era begin

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:06 am

Being beaten down by a superior opponent isn't a war of attrition. Now then, if UT could somehow pull off a victory, it would probably be via attrition...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:20 am

hedge wrote:Being beaten down by a superior opponent isn't a war of attrition. Now then, if UT could somehow pull off a victory, it would probably be via attrition...

It sorta is...many of the 'lesser' opponents have a starting 22 as close to that of the big boys. It's when those starters get injured or tired and have to be pulled that the disparity is most noticeable.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:56 am

Eighteen of OU's starting 22 have been in the program 3 yrs or more.

Fifteen of UT's starting 22 are making their first start on the road. And of course, everybody knows by now that we began the season without a single returning starter on the offensive or defensive line (that mssg on the ticker still runs constantly...hooray).

If you want to make easy money, take the home team and give the meager 20 pts.

The Gray Ghost
Senior
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by The Gray Ghost » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:48 pm

Leave such prattle to the professionals
<cues AA with 'Gentlemen, Tennessee is in trouble...>

gule
Sophomore

Post by gule » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:31 pm

tn 27 ou 24

dave_rickart
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Virginia
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by dave_rickart » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:30 pm

what sport?
Home of the 2019 National Champions.

Orangefreak
Senior

Post by Orangefreak » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:37 am

Chess
Let the Jones era begin

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:36 am

Chuck ball in the 20s.

gule
Sophomore

Post by gule » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:03 am

damn, we needed those refs from the gayturd's game.

Orangefreak
Senior

Post by Orangefreak » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:56 am

What was needed was another season or two of experience for our team along with the bulk/size that would come with it. :(

Still, great game though. I can't help but notice something about the teams Butch coaches. I have yet to see our team quit. Most teams, when it's [painfully] obvious the game is well in hand, they give up on the field and just start to ride the game out. Our team has yet to do that. If they keep that up, good things will. It's hard to watch now, but in the long run all of this will pay off.
Let the Jones era begin

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:34 am

Hoped we'd get out of Norman unscathed but Josh Smith has a high ankle sprain and probably will miss GA and FL.

THE_WIZARD_
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Nebraska

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:15 pm

STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...STOP THE RUN...
THE_WIZARD_. Internet legend and all around good guy. STFU.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:30 pm

LOL @ Stop Le Run

damn you wiz

THE_WIZARD_
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Nebraska

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:14 pm

heh
THE_WIZARD_. Internet legend and all around good guy. STFU.