Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:50 pm

P.S...
all the people that didn't turn out to vote, its just PRIDE on their part. They weren't going to vote for ANY of these GOP guys, none of them. Don't blame Romney.
I turned out to vote, but just didn't vote for Romney. I would have voted for any other GOP nominee that convinced me that they were indeed conservatives and would govern accordingly. That was pretty much everybody else in the R field. I set my bar as low as I possibly could, but Romney failed even that lowest test. There were 2-3 million of us who came to that same conclusion, apparently.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:20 am

Professor Tiger wrote:P.S...
all the people that didn't turn out to vote, its just PRIDE on their part. They weren't going to vote for ANY of these GOP guys, none of them. Don't blame Romney.
I turned out to vote, but just didn't vote for Romney. I would have voted for any other GOP nominee that convinced me that they were indeed conservatives and would govern accordingly. That was pretty much everybody else in the R field. I set my bar as low as I possibly could, but Romney failed even that lowest test. There were 2-3 million of us who came to that same conclusion, apparently.
as I said, pride. Its one of the seven deadly sins and it bit you right in the buttocks. You are one of the 3,000,000 reasons why we are stuck in the mess we are in. Thanks for that. But hey, at least you got keep your pride....
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by sardis » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:26 am

For Volmillion, wherever he may be.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -dogs.html

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:48 am

"all the people that didn't turn out to vote, its just PRIDE on their part. They weren't going to vote for ANY of these GOP guys, none of them. Don't blame Romney."

You could say the same thing about Gore in 2000, except that he lost b/c so many libs voted for Nader. It all came down to Florida, where the official count had Bush getting 537 more votes than Gore. 537. But Nader got over 97,000 votes in Florida, and I think it's safe to say that none of those people were ever going to vote for Bush. If a mere 600 of them, i.e., about one half of one percent, had voted for Gore, he would've won the election. I guess what comes around goes around, but let's not pretend that Romney is the first loser of an election to get bit by pouty voters ostensibly within his own party...
Last edited by hedge on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:49 am

On a lighter note:

A Mexican, an Arab, and an Arizona girl are in the same bar.  

When the Mexican finishes his beer, he throws his glass in the air, pulls out his pistol, and shoots the glass to pieces.  He says, 'In Mexico, our glasses are so cheap we don't need to drink with the same one twice.'

The Arab, obviously impressed by this, drinks non-alcohol beer (cuz he's a Muslim!), throws it into the air, pulls out his AK-47, and shoots the glass to pieces.  He says, 'In the Arab World, we have so much sand to make glasses that we don't need to drink with the same one twice either.'  

The Arizona girl Taylor, cool as a cucumber, picks up her beer, downs it in one gulp, throws the glass into the air, whips out her 45, and shoots the Mexican and the Arab.  

Catching her glass, setting it on the bar, and calling for a refill, she says, 'In Arizona, we have so many illegal aliens that we don't have to drink with the same ones twice.' 

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:58 pm

as I said, pride. Its one of the seven deadly sins and it bit you right in the buttocks. You are one of the 3,000,000 reasons why we are stuck in the mess we are in. Thanks for that. But hey, at least you got keep your pride....
When I vote, I ask myself: Which candidate do I agree with the most? Which candidate has a track record that convinces me he/she would govern in a way that I can support?

Romney's pro-abortion, pro-gun control, pro-government-run-health care record as governor gave me no assurances that he would govern as anything but a pro-abortion, pro-gun control, pro-government run health care president if elected. You call that pride. I call it not being a hopeless naif who believes dubious and extremely self-serving speeches more than actual historical deeds.

In short: There was already a liberal in the POTUS election in 2016.His name was Barrack Obama. If I wanted a pro-abortion, pro-gun control, pro government-run health care president, I would have voted for the up-front, forthright, honest one, not the blatant poseur in hair gel.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:05 pm

hedge wrote:"all the people that didn't turn out to vote, its just PRIDE on their part. They weren't going to vote for ANY of these GOP guys, none of them. Don't blame Romney."

You could say the same thing about Gore in 2000, except that he lost b/c so many libs voted for Nader. It all came down to Florida, where the official count had Bush getting 537 more votes than Gore. 537. But Nader got over 97,000 votes in Florida, and I think it's safe to say that none of those people were ever going to vote for Bush. If a mere 600 of them, i.e., about one half of one percent, had voted for Gore, he would've won the election. I guess what comes around goes around, but let's not pretend that Romney is the first loser of an election to get bit by pouty voters ostensibly within his own party...
Heck, Pat Buchanan got over 2500 votes from elderly Jews in Pam Beach County in 2000. This is Pat "Hitler wasn't such a bad guy" Buchanan. Pat "I'm not sure if the Holocaust really happened" Buchanan.

Probably 95% voted for him by mistake but if only half of them did, Gore probably wins.

The Republican has won a plurality of votes only once since 1988

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:43 pm

Heh. Good point. If it weren't for the butterfly ballot in Boca Raton, Al Gore is elected president.

We'd all be riding bicycles right now.

The Talent
Recruit
College Hoops Affiliation: Ohio State

Post by The Talent » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:32 am

Yes, I still miss Volmillion. And the PAH.

SRV > Jimi.

That is all.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:49 am

You'll be seeing a lot more of the PAH in the next 5 years.

And I agree RE: SRV > Jimi.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:23 am

Blasphemy...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:47 pm

PAH or SRV v. Jimi?

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:17 am

dead guy > dead guy

PAH strategy of criticizing obama foreign policy is rather baffing since as Sec of State I would think she wqould have a huuge role in shaping it over the years. its almost like shes attacking herself

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:46 am

She's trying to appeal to the self-hating jew demographic...

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:57 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/13/opini ... .html?_r=0

I only posted this article because I love the last line. “The Clintons will be there when they need you.”

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:12 pm

A weird article, as Dowd sidetracks from reminiscing about Robin Williams to taking shots at Hillary. Maybe the killer weed Maureen ate recently has altered her consciousness. Although it's more likely that we're seeing the new GOP modus operandi...whatever the topic, close with a dig at the PAH.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:18 pm

U.S. Budget Deficit Running 24.2 Percent Below 2013 - ABC News/Associated Press

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStor ... 3-24948917

The federal government ran a lower deficit this July than a year ago, keeping it on course to record the lowest deficit in six years.

oh ..and Hillary claimed she and Bill were nearly broke after they left the WH!!

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:21 pm

The lowest deficit under the Oprama administration is higher than the highest under any other President.

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:49 pm

Two reporters (one of them with the Washington Post) arrested in Ferguson, MO...not charged with anything...then later released and the police refuse to say why they were ever arrested in the first place or give the names of the arresting officers

http://gawker.com/washington-post-huffp ... 1621284034

Correction: They were arrested for "not leaving a McDonald's fast enough" when ordered to do so by police. And for filming police when ordered not to do so. Another reporter (for the LA Times) calls the Chief for comment and he's stunned and confused over the phone. They're released within minutes of the phone call.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post ... n/?hpid=z3

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:19 pm

sardis wrote:The lowest deficit under the Oprama administration is higher than the highest under any other President.
opramas deficits were higher than dubya's. dubya's were higher than Bill's..

Hillary's will be higher than oprama's. Mandatory spending for social security and medicare guarantees it.