Clemson Tigers

Moderators: Dr. Strangelove, AlabamAlum, innocentbystander

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Clemson Tigers

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:02 pm

KeviNole wrote:If you send 8 at the QB and get shocked when your defense gives up big plays, your DC and HC are morons.
WTF do you want Don Brown and Addazio to do?

We have (maybe) one defensive back on this entire team worthy of a BCS scholly, and the only reason why we have him is because he was a local Boston boy who reneged on his verbal commitment to Miami after they terminated their head coach in 2011. So we second-choice stumbled on to him by default.

We give up huge plays on defense because (outside of KPL) we have no playmakers. None. We send 8 because... because.... there is absolutely nothing else we can do. You guys had us out-athleted at every position with the exception of tailback, and we were still in the game right until the bitter end. That is hellbent coaching. That is all we've got.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

KeviNole
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by KeviNole » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:08 pm

No, you were beaten as soon as your coach went for 3 when you had us on the ropes at 14-3.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:33 pm

KeviNole wrote:No, you were beaten as soon as your coach went for 3 when you had us on the ropes at 14-3.
So we score and go up 21-3 and BC wins?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:34 pm

LOL !!!!!!!!!

no

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:55 pm

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2013/10/7 ... e-maryland

W - @ Clemson Tigers (4-2, 2-1 ACC)

-- Boston College beat Wake Forest, 24-10
-- Wake Forest is better than Clemson because Wake Forest beat N.C. State 28-13 while Clemson only beat N.C. State 26-14

Therefore, Boston College is better than Clemson as shown in 2 games by a combined score of 66-49.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:56 pm

Lay off the Meth for Gods sake.

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:13 pm

PLEASE don't beat Clemson. You've been bitching about FSU fucking up the ACC's national stage by beating BC in 2007, but an FSU/Clemson matchup with both teams undefeated might be the biggest conference game of the millenium. The ACC finally has a chance to look good...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:30 pm

KeviNole wrote:PLEASE don't beat Clemson. You've been bitching about FSU fucking up the ACC's national stage by beating BC in 2007, but an FSU/Clemson matchup with both teams undefeated might be the biggest conference game of the millenium. The ACC finally has a chance to look good...
Really?

Are you REALLY afraid that BC is going to go down to South Carolina, and beat Tajh Boyd and the Clemson Tigers? You honestly think we have a chance? You really think there is any chance that could happen?

Clemson is a much better football team than FSU is. We don't have a chance. We stopped you on offense quite a few times. In Clemson, the only time they "punt" is AFTER they've scored their 56 points and their scrubs take the field.

billy bob bocephus
Junior
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by billy bob bocephus » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:35 pm

obviously BC/Clemson was misscheduled this year - BC should play them the week after we lose to Clemson so you can beat them like you did to ND in'93

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:50 pm

billy bob bocephus wrote:obviously BC/Clemson was misscheduled this year - BC should play them the week after we lose to Clemson so you can beat them like you did to ND in'93
Obviously.

You guys got two full weeks to prepare. You have no excsue. We had two weeks to prepare for you and still couldn't get it done. No excuse (other than our players suck.)

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:58 am

In the Jimbo Fisher era, we're 2-2 coming off bye weeks. Both losses were ugly and both wins were closer than they should have been. We've not been using our time off wisely it would appear...

Clemson is just as imperfect as FSU. The only advantage they have this year against us is a home game and a senior QB. If they can pressure with their (very good) front 4, we're probably screwed. If not, I like our chances - a lot. Our defense is set up to stop the spread, and our personnel are very good there - it showed against Maryland. We struggle against power running and pro-style teams.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:50 pm

KeviNole wrote:In the Jimbo Fisher era, we're 2-2 coming off bye weeks. Both losses were ugly and both wins were closer than they should have been. We've not been using our time off wisely it would appear...

Clemson is just as imperfect as FSU. The only advantage they have this year against us is a home game and a senior QB. If they can pressure with their (very good) front 4, we're probably screwed. If not, I like our chances - a lot. Our defense is set up to stop the spread, and our personnel are very good there - it showed against Maryland. We struggle against power running and pro-style teams.
With your week off, are you going to watch the Clemson-BC game? Do you really even care that much about the outcome?

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:27 pm

I would definitely like to see the Clemson/BC game because I've seen very little of Clemson this year. I was with my son at a Braves game for the Clemson/UGA game, and have had football/baseball commitments with my sons every Saturday afternoon since. I'm generally not big on recording games and watching them later unless it's an FSU game. I have to run chains at my son's football game this Saturday at 1:30 so I should be able to see most of the Clemson/BC game.

I'm not THAT interested in the outcome; I expect Clemson to win handily because BC just doesn't have much of a pass defense and Clemson has one of the best passing attacks in the country. And I really want Clemson to win to set up a Top 6 matchup the following weekend. But I am interested in matchups...how well Clemson can run against BC, how well BC can move the ball against Clemson's defense, etc.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:18 am

The key to Boyd is to keep him guessing. You can't blitz too much. He has too many weapons and your secondary will be on SportsCenter watching Clemson's receivers run into the end zone.

South Carolina has been able to neutralize Boyd by having a spy sitting back on him and creating havoc with the front four. Keep him guessing by switching between man and various coverage packages. If you make him a pocket passer, you win. Stunt too.

Also, just know that Clemson has this magical ability to get away with holding like its their job. It's maddening. I know that there is holding on every play, but Clemson can take it to new extremes at times. Then again, I despise Clemson and may be biased...

Of course, having a healthy, in-shape Clowney helps with all of that.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:54 am

And FSU's DL gets notoriously held without penalty (the Tallahassee Democrat did an analysis a few years back). One of our defensive linemen complained to a ref last year or the year before and was told, "as long as you're winning, we aren't going to call it." Unfortunately our DL is in a rebuilding mode this year after losing 3 DE to the NFL draft so we haven't gotten nearly the pressure as we have recently.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:51 pm

KeviNole wrote:I would definitely like to see the Clemson/BC game because I've seen very little of Clemson this year. I was with my son at a Braves game for the Clemson/UGA game, and have had football/baseball commitments with my sons every Saturday afternoon since. I'm generally not big on recording games and watching them later unless it's an FSU game. I have to run chains at my son's football game this Saturday at 1:30 so I should be able to see most of the Clemson/BC game.

I'm not THAT interested in the outcome; I expect Clemson to win handily because BC just doesn't have much of a pass defense and Clemson has one of the best passing attacks in the country. And I really want Clemson to win to set up a Top 6 matchup the following weekend. But I am interested in matchups...how well Clemson can run against BC, how well BC can move the ball against Clemson's defense, etc.
As of right now, BC has the number one tailback in the country. I don't know how long that continues, but if he's good enough to get 140+ rushing yards against you guys, then he's good enough to get 200+ rushing yards against Clemson. (Of course, his 37 yards vs USC totally sucked.)

We live and die with Andre Williams. This is only a "game" if Andre (and our O-Line) dominates Clemson defensively. Our defense sucks, it is NOT stopping Tahj Boyd. Maybe we sack Boyd 4 times the way we drilled Jameis Winston, but he is still going to throw 5 TD passes. That can't be prevented, can't be schemed away no matter what we do. Our defensive backfield is not only the worst in the ACC, it might be the worst in ALL OF BCS. Fuck we gave up 27 points to fucking ARMY.

It better be a really fucking high scoring game. Like 80+ points. That is the only way it could possibly be close. If it is a 50 point game, we lose 42-8.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:30 pm

What little bit I watched FSU, I found their rush defense to be lacking.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:00 am

Just like most of your posts.

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:05 am

DooKSucks wrote:What little bit I watched FSU, I found their rush defense to be lacking.
The new defense has definitely been an adjustment, and Mario Edwards is our best DL against the run and he was hurt for a couple of games (including BC).

Our defense is set up to stop the spread, and has been very average against a pro-style offense thus far. It's also been an adjustment to a new scheme, and several of our experienced players have been benched in favor of the younger players because they don't fit as well to what the new coaches want to do. We'll find out how well they've done next Saturday against Clemson, but with Miami and UF on the horizon, they better learn to play straight-up as well.

Maryland was the first real spread team we've played...Nevada was supposed to be a good test but their QB (then his backup) got hurt and they changed their offense accordingly.
Our defensive backfield is not only the worst in the ACC, it might be the worst in ALL OF BCS. Fuck we gave up 27 points to fucking ARMY.
Yeah but there was one long pass, otherwise it was typical Army run offense. Sure the DBs are important in rush defense but that performance isn't on their shoulders, is it?

hedge
Legend
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:23 am

" That can't be prevented, can't be schemed away no matter what we do."

I have grown to feel that way about you as well...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.