Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Prof Tiger & Sardis "All Things Considered" Theology Hut

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:18 pm

Objection sustained.

I also sense a micro-aggression in this.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:34 pm

Johnette's Daddy wrote:Maybe she divorced her 1st husband under Matthew 19:9 or Mark 5:32.
Matthew 19:9 and Mark 5:32 are both exceptions given only to men who marry adulterous whores. These are not for women. There is NOTHING in the Bible (Pastor) that condones a wife divorcing her husband. But that is beside the point. Even if she had a good reason to divorce #1, that doesn't mean that #2 wasn't committing adultry when he married her.

But I guess none of this matters given you very next comment.
Johnette's Daddy wrote:In any event - and from a theological standpoint - I no longer believe that a merciful God requires people to serve a life sentence for a poor choice they made at an age when they were not capable of making better ones.
In any event, this is heresy. You are no longer a pastor. Now, you fancy yourself a prophet who gets direct revelation from God as to which rules are changed and which rules are no longer enforced. As a Christian (and not a mormon) I believe the one absolute truth that there were no prophets past John the Baptist. There are no living prophets on this planet sir, none. And any that claim (from a theological standpoint) that they choose not to believe the rules our merciful God put in place to guide our moral behavior are no longer enforced (or you can simply disregard them) disqualifies that person from having any further spiritual communication from me.

I am done with you, false prophet.

-IB
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:39 pm

lmao.

Pure parody. And well done, at that. I'll never know how he stays in character so long...

Well done. IB, well done.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:03 pm

innocentbystander wrote:In any event, this is heresy. You are no longer a pastor. Now, you fancy yourself a prophet who gets direct revelation from God as to which rules are changed and which rules are no longer enforced. As a Christian (and not a mormon) I believe the one absolute truth that there were no prophets past John the Baptist. There are no living prophets on this planet sir, none. And any that claim (from a theological standpoint) that they choose not to believe the rules our merciful God put in place to guide our moral behavior are no longer enforced (or you can simply disregard them) disqualifies that person from having any further spiritual communication from me.

I am done with you, false prophet.

-IB
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is NEITHER MALE NOR FEMALE: for ye are all one in Jesus Christ" Gal 3:28

What is your view of the Apostle Paul?

He implemented many changes to doctrine decades after the death of John the Baptist.

More later.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:01 pm

Johnette's Daddy wrote:"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is NEITHER MALE NOR FEMALE: for ye are all one in Jesus Christ" Gal 3:28

What is your view of the Apostle Paul?
My view mr false prophet, is that Paul was explaining that Christ came to save ALL people, of ALL races, ALL cultures, slave or free man, and both genders. ALL have souls and ALL could be saved for ye are one in Jesus Christ.

What made the Apostle Paul so remarkable is his ability to clearly understand that being a Christian is a full-time task. He was ground-breaking in understanding Scripture without changing The Law. His comments about it being better that man NOT marry (as to remain unencumbered) so it would be easier to spread the Good News of Christ and our salvation is the main reason why my wife and I support(ed) two missionaries (her nephew and now my very young cousin.) I financially help out people who can devote much more time to Christ than I ever could with my family commitments. That is just being Biblical.

Why don't you query God Almighty and reveal back to us with new prophetic revelation from Heavenly Father as to why Genesis 3:16 no longer applies, since Christ Himself admitted that He was not there to change God's Law, but to fulfill it? We'll stick that in the new JD chapter of the JD Bible right after Revelation.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:49 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
My view mr false prophet, is that Paul was explaining that Christ came to save ALL people, of ALL races, ALL cultures, slave or free man, and both genders. ALL have souls and ALL could be saved for ye are one in Jesus Christ.

What made the Apostle Paul so remarkable is his ability to clearly understand that being a Christian is a full-time task. He was ground-breaking in understanding Scripture without changing The Law.
You, sir, are a Pharissee. A strict constructionist hold to the letter of the law with no connection to the spirit of the law. The Pharisses (of which Jesus himself was one), prided themselves on keeping the 613 Commandments, but lacked the grace and mercy that signified the presence of the Holy Spirit.

The Law was indeed, changed by Paul. Look at Leviticus 11, "do not eat unclean animals," then look at 1 Corinthians 10 "Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience," Romans 14 "One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables." Those came AFTER the death of John the Baptist.

The reason we are under The Spirit now, rather than under The Law, is because The Holy Spirit leads us to the truth of Christ, which is summed up in the two great Commandments - love God with everything you have and love your neighbor as much as you love yourself (Matt 22:37-40).

God is neither a mysogynist, nor did God create woman to be the servant/slave/pack mule/inferior partner to man.

Further, you Pharisees limit God by trying to place God in a box of your own definition. To say that God has spoken/revealed everything we needed to know 2,000 years ago is ludicrous.

When Adam fell in the Garden, God spoke. When Cain murdered, God spoke. When the people of Noah's time acted up, God spoke. When Terah was selling idols, God spoke. When Pharaoh turned on the Hebrews, God spoke. When the Philistines captured the Ark, God spoke. When the Babylonians took Judah captive, God spoke. When the Romans occupied Judea, God spoke. When Pilate executed Jesus, God spoke. When Saul of Tarsus was persecuting Christians, God spoke.

Now - according to you - God has run out of things to say??? Ludicrous.

I don't know if you are born again or have been filled by the Holy Spirit, but the basic tenet of Christianity is a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. That relationship assumes God speaking to you.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:37 am

Jesus ate children

billy bob bocephus
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by billy bob bocephus » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:32 am

ketchup or mustard?

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:38 am

I like JD's version of the imaginary sky dad (ISK) better. IB's ISK is a dick.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:24 am

"My view mr false prophet, is that..."

And this is just two posts after IB blusteringly proclaimed, by signed post, no less, that he was "done" with JD. LOL...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:23 pm

Dont you guys think God has better things to do then to set up a religion sentencing most of us to eternal damnation and suffering.

If that's our purpose is to be tested throughout our lives to accept a savior to be resurrected or else go to hell I think thats pretty sucky

lord knows we've all seen enuf down here with the moisery that envelops a lot of this world and many of us have suffered watching luved ones suffer or the young snuffed out before they even have a chance

if christianity's beliefs is we ignore all of our daily trevails and put a blind faith in Jesus Christ or else suffer through all eternity then I think that god is one cruel sonofabitch

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:43 am

You're on mushrooms right?

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:08 pm

crashcourse wrote:Dont you guys think God has better things to do then to set up a religion sentencing most of us to eternal damnation and suffering.

If that's our purpose is to be tested throughout our lives to accept a savior to be resurrected or else go to hell I think thats pretty sucky

lord knows we've all seen enuf down here with the moisery that envelops a lot of this world and many of us have suffered watching luved ones suffer or the young snuffed out before they even have a chance

if christianity's beliefs is we ignore all of our daily trevails and put a blind faith in Jesus Christ or else suffer through all eternity then I think that god is one cruel sonofabitch
Let's hope you find the answer to that soon...

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:55 am

I'm about halfway there

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:00 am

You're well more than halfway there.
— Abraham Lincoln

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:54 am

Wooah, you're livin' on a prayer.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:30 pm

Excellent.
— Abraham Lincoln

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:32 pm

RIP Bon Jovi
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:34 pm

I'll miss him. No doubt.
— Abraham Lincoln

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:45 am