Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by hedge » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:57 am

I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:15 am

bluetick wrote:At Papadopoulos' plea hearing earlier this month, one of Mueller's prosecutors, Aaron Zelinsky, hinted at the possibility of more to come. The Mueller probe is "a large-scale ongoing investigation of which this case is a small part," Zelinsky said, according to a transcript unsealed Monday.

Iceburg. Tip.
Well if one of Mueller's lawyers is saying it, and CNN is reporting it, then it must be true.

Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed that Trump's supposed political demise is ALWAYS in the future tense?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:43 pm

Tick obviously sees a better future in getting Trump than winning w/Butch.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:52 pm

The TDS sufferers are like Tennesse fans always saying, “wait ‘til next coach!”
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:36 pm

Just imagine being a Tennessee fan and suffer from TDS.
Let 'er Blow!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:54 pm

You know, that explains a LOT.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:09 pm

Crystal ball says Butch is gone in the near term, whereas The Donald's departure date is slightly hazy. Still..

Things are looking UP! UP! UP!
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:15 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed that Trump's supposed political demise is ALWAYS in the future tense?
It's just you.

Trump Approval Rating Plunges as Popularity Hits New Low in Gallup Poll http://www.newsweek.com/trump-popularit ... oll-696618

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:47 pm

GREAT AGAIN:
CONSUMER CONFIDENCE SOARS!

HOME PRICES REACH ALL-TIME HIGH

ECONOMY BEATS EXPECTATIONS

Wall Street's strong October suggests happy holidays ahead -- and beyond...
Let 'er Blow!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:01 pm

bluetick wrote:At Papadopoulos' plea hearing earlier this month, one of Mueller's prosecutors, Aaron Zelinsky, hinted at the possibility of more to come. The Mueller probe is "a large-scale ongoing investigation of which this case is a small part," Zelinsky said, according to a transcript unsealed Monday.

Iceburg. Tip.
Here is the "Professor" (no relation) - the person who Papdopoulos was supposedly in contact with to get dirt on Hillary courtesy of the Russians:
LONDON — An academic at a Scottish university confirmed Tuesday he is the “professor” mentioned in the probe over suspected Russian interference in U.S. politics but claimed the allegations are exaggerated.

Joseph Mifsud, who joined the faculty of the University of Stirling earlier this year, was not named in the court documents. He confirmed his identity to the Daily Telegraph on Tuesday, stressing that “I have a clear conscience.”

Mifsud told the Telegraph that he introduced Papadopoulos to the director of a Russian think tank to help him better grasp Russian foreign policy and that he tried to set up meetings with experts on the European Union.

“We are academics,” Mifsud told the paper. “We work closely with everybody.”

In emails with The Washington Post in August, Mifsud said that he had “absolutely no contact” with the Russian government. “I am an academic, I do not even speak Russian,” he wrote.

According to a biography on the London Centre of International Law Practice’s website, which was deleted Sunday, Mifsud “served prominently” in Malta’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and worked as an adviser for Malta’s Ministry of Education.

Nabil Ayad, who hired Mifsud as an honorary director at the London Academy of Diplomacy — where Ayad was founder and director — said Mifsud’s expertise was broadly in the area of diplomacy.

As assistant to the Maltese foreign minister, he traveled to many countries and met many heads of state,” said Ayad, who is now director of the Academy of Diplomacy and International Governance at Loughborough University in London.

“He’s a professional person. He’s very helpful. As far as I know, he has no favor to any country except Malta,” Ayad added.

Online biographies present Mifsud as an authority in the field of international relations and diplomacy across Europe, the United States, Russia, Africa and the Mediterranean region, but his academic work in these areas appears limited. He has published in peer-reviewed journals on Maltese education policies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/pr ... 4c1b0039e5
If this is the "tip of your iceberg," and an example of your "large scale ongoing investigation," then please bring it on. Please. Such silliness is just proving more and more every day that the Mueller investigation is not only desperately partisan, it is also Keystone Cops as well. Trump and all of us supporters are in full ROFLMAO mode.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:39 pm

LOL Why did you leave out the key parts of the article?

In a spring 2016 piece – around the same time he was allegedly meeting with Papadopoulos – he asserted that he knew “Russia quite well.” Online biographies present Mifsud as an authority in the field of international relations and diplomacy across Europe, the United States, Russia, Africa and the Mediterranean region. But his academic work in these areas appears limited. He has published in peer-reviewed journals on Maltese education policies.

Mifsud told the Telegraph that he introduced Papadopoulos to a program director of the Russian International Affairs Council, a state-funded Russian think tank that is close to the foreign ministry, and that he tried to set up meetings with experts on the European Union.

But in private exchanges, Joseph Mifsud was proud of his alleged high-level Moscow contacts, reporting that they had extended all the way to the top: He had had, he told a former assistant late last year, a private meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:36 pm

Oooh, upon further review, that Maltese College Professor was kind of a big deal after all. It says he published some peer-reviewed articles in Maltese education policies and everything! Note that I said "peer reviewed," which has international intrigue written all over it. Putin meets with Maltese college professors all the time. He might even let them date his niece.

Papadopoulos would have teamed up with the Maltese college professor and made history if Georgie wasn't busy back at Foggy Bottom, making coffee for his betters, under supervision.

"This is it!"© Epic Fail

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:43 pm

Pace yourself. Best advice I got..

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:15 am

So let me get this straight:

A petty functionary/glorified intern in the Trump campaign/administration (that would be Papadopoulos) met and communicated with a Maltese college professor/ former assistant education minister (that would be Mifsud).

The petty functionary promised the Maltese professor that he could arrange Trump to meet Putin (which he was never in a position to do, and therefore never happened, and which is not illegal).

The Maltese professor said he could arrange Putin to meet Trump. For good measure, he tossed in a possible date for the 20-something glorified intern and Putin's niece (which he was never in a position to do in either case, and therefore never happened, and which is still not illegal).

The petty functionary was eventually was questioned by the FBI about the above, and he lied about it. Finally, a crime: two absolute nobodies, each with delusions of grandeur, lying to each other, and one lied to the cops about it.

That just gets funnier and funnier the more you think about it. I honestly don't know which is funnier: the ridiculousness of the case itself (which points to the desperation and lack of a REAL case by Mueller), or the desperate hopes being placed in it by the Trump Derangement Syndrome sufferers to bring down Trump with it (which points to the deleterious effects of TDS on the rational capacities of its sufferers).

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:01 am

"two absolute nobodies, each with delusions of grandeur, lying to each other"

A perfect description of you and 10ac having a conversation in here...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:17 pm

A guy drives a truck over pedestrians in NYC killing 8.

He is from Uzbekistan, shouted "Allahu Akbar" during the crime, and pledged his allegiance to the Islamic State in Syria.

The most important thing is that nobody ever get the crazy idea that this had something to do with Islam.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:07 am

[youtube]j_80yJ_QqMA[/youtube]

LOL

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:54 am

“Hello, senator. I’ve completed my review of the DNC and I did find the cancer,” I said. “But I will not kill the patient.”

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... 016-215774

Another story about corruption that the establishment just ain't interested in.....RUSSIA, By God....!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:00 am

Wow, that was an amazing article. Who knew Donna Brazille has a moral compass after all? The cynicism about Hillary and fondness for Bernie in the article is very surprising. Isn't this the same Donna Brazil who used her position at CNN to leak secret debate questions to Hillary and put Bernie at a huge unfair disadvantage? Maybe she got a sudden pang of conscience, and this is her act of contrition.

Repentance is a beautiful thing.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:28 pm

Trump Nominee Clovis Pulls Out of AG Dept Consideration
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/02/politics/ ... index.html

"Good work, Popodapolous."

indeed