Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:56 pm

Alarming? Am I frightening you with my contrary opinions on an opinion board?

[youtube]sXQkXXBqj_U[/youtube]
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:30 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:Once tax reform is signed into law, AT&T* plans to invest an additional $1 billion in the United States in 2018 and pay a special $1,000 bonus to more than 200,000 AT&T U.S. employees — all union-represented, non-management and front-line managers. If the President signs the bill before Christmas, employees will receive the bonus over the holidays.

“Congress, working closely with the President, took a monumental step to bring taxes paid by U.S. businesses in line with the rest of the industrialized world,” said Randall Stephenson, AT&T chairman and CEO. “This tax reform will drive economic growth and create good-paying jobs. In fact, we will increase our U.S. investment and pay a special bonus to our U.S. employees.”
Jesus - you do know AT&T has a pretty large merger thingy currently in front of the Justice Department, right? Can't you be cynical again for old times sake? It can't always be about the birds... ..
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Cletus » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:16 pm

These $1000 distributions seem to be a big hit. Maybe, instead of the tax cut, the treasury should have sent $1000 to each American. Would have saved $1.2T. That cash might come in handy later on.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:46 pm

On a lighter note, and in the holiday spirit...

This is the conversation I have with my liberal son every Christmas Eve...

“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:59 pm

He also sent me this...

[youtube]Ed-5Zzdbx0E[/youtube]

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Record -36° in Minnesota...
NEW YEAR'S EVE IN NYC COLDEST IN HISTORY?
Temps 30° BELOW normal...
Some of most extreme cold 'ever observed' in central Missouri...
Arctic Blast: Canada...
MYSTERY: BLUE snow Russia...
UPDATE: Erie, PA pummeled by record 5 feet of snow...
NATIONAL GUARD MOBILIZED...
LIVE CHILL MAP...
Let 'er Blow!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:04 pm

While climate deniers might point to the cold weather as more proof of the "global warming hoax," climate scientist Katharine Hayhoe begs to differ.

"What's with all the snow?" she tweeted Tuesday. "Does it mean global warming is finished? Nope; it's exactly the opposite, in fact. Warmer temperatures are increasing the risk of lake-effect snow."

According to the National Weather Service, "Lake Effect snow occurs when cold air, often originating from Canada, moves across the open waters of the Great Lakes. As the cold air passes over the unfrozen and relatively warm waters of the Great Lakes, warmth and moisture are transferred into the lowest portion of the atmosphere. The air rises, clouds form and grow into narrow band that produces 2 to 3 inches of snow per hour or more."

What's the connection between lake-effect snow and global warming? First, as the world warms, it's harder for ice to form, and it isn't lasting as long. For 15 of the last 20 years, Great Lakes ice cover has been below the long-term average.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:47 pm

Please, I think an expert like Prof knows more about this stuff than climate "scientist" Katharine Hayhoe.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:03 pm

"Hay, hoe! Git me a beer and hep me find the snow shovel gotdammit!"

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Cletus wrote:Please, I think an expert like Prof knows more about this stuff than climate "scientist" Katharine Hayhoe.
I probably do.

Unlike NOAA, I don’t tinker with my methodology until I find a way to make it reinforce the only predetermined outcome I will tolerate. School kids get “F’s” on their science fair projects for pulling stunts like the climate “scientists” at NOAA did.

Unlike the University of East Anglia, I don’t circulate emails between the so-called “scientists” about how we are going to hide the evidence there is no global warming going on, and then try to cover it up. And when I get caught, I don’t get to investigate myself, and then conclude that I did nothing wrong.

And I certainly don’t look at record snowfall in ALASKA, in DECEMBER, and then try to peddle the logical absurdity that this proves AGW.

So yes, I probably DO know more about the climate than a bunch of snake oil salesmen with PhD’s.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:28 pm

The readings are wrong. The measurements are off. The books are cooked. Science is a fraud.

And it's safe to say "Merry Christmas" again. How d'ya like that, sonsabitches?

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:36 pm

"So yes, I probably DO know more about the climate than a bunch of snake oil salesmen with PhD’s."

It's interesting how arrogance and ignorance can reside in virtually equal proportions within some people...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:55 am

The readings ARE wrong. The books ARE cooked.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/e ... uotes.html

https://science.house.gov/news/press-re ... te-records

Science is not a fraud. But fake science to prove an ideological dogma, IS.

And pointing to extra snow in Alaska in December and concluding that it is evidence of AGW is patently illogical and absurd. If the story was, “LESS snow in Alaska in December,” as evidence of AGW, it would at least be a rational argument.

Believing that fallacial absurdity requires gullibility in the extreme.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:26 am

What's really illogical is looking at "evidence" on the surface of the earth and being convinced that that is sufficient to draw conclusions about the entire atmosphere surrounding the planet. It's kinda like concluding that the earth is flat b/c that's all you can see in front of you and then squawking about how illogical it is to think that the earth is round. I'm sure ants come up with similar conclusions based on what's happening, say, 6 inches above the ground, which is about the level of your intellectual curiosity as well...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:55 am

Also illogical and unscientific is your penchant for giving credence to only those phenomena that seem to confirm your preexisting bias while ignoring any that would seem to refute it...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:40 am

I mainly ignore phenomena that are reported by scientific institutions with a history of lying about the phenomena.

I mainly ignore climate scientists for whole there is no temperature or atmospheric condition that does not prove AGW. Such a temperature or condition does not exist. It cannot exist. It must never, ever exist. The fact that they have created a situational where, “If it is cold and snows, it proves AGW” and at the same time, “If it is warm and dry, it proves global warming” demonstrates the farcical basis of the climate whole AGW industry.

Real science, as practiced by real scientists, actually admit the possibility that their hypotheses might be wrong. And if their experiments yield evidence that is contrary to their hypotheses, real
scientists take that contrary evidence seriously.

Real science and real scientists then take the results that are contrary to their original hypotheses, and ask some real questions: why does all this contrary evidence exist? Could there be a problem with my hypotheses? Do my hypotheses need to be adjusted to take into account all this counter evidence that my experiments yielded?

Fake AGW science and it’s fake scientists don’t do that. They don’t even admit that there is even a possibility that their hypotheses might be wrong. When their own experiments yield results contrary to their hypotheses, they try to hide and suppress it (East Anglia). When the truth gets out anyway, instead of reevaluating their hypotheses, they simply change their methodology until they finally find a way to FORCE their experiments to yield ONLY evidence that supports the ONLY acceptable result (NOAA).

Hedge mentioned atmospheric measurements as being more accurate than surface measurements. The problem with that is, atmospheric measurements weren’t producing data that supported AGW either. So what did they do with those heretical satellites? So what did they do? They “adjusted” the data until it got its mind right;

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... face-data/

Has anyone asked why the “scientists” were so urgently compelled to “adjust” the original data? That is the very definition of fake science.
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:06 pm

Climate change or not, you're an idiot...

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:36 pm

One thing about scientific research, when properly done, is that it will always be changing. The data sources, the techniques, the methods, etc. And, when these changes happen, the right thing to do is use the better understanding to improve the data and revise the answers. This is exactly what happened here (and will continue to happen) and its called progress. It's quite telling of your worldview that you conflate progress with cheating.

PS - nobody has said that snow in Alaska is evidence of global warming.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:13 pm

"PS - nobody has said that snow in Alaska is evidence of global warming."

Why did you lie, Prof?

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:23 pm

Cletus wrote:PS - nobody has said that snow in Alaska is evidence of global warming.
Incorrect:

Climate Change Has Doubled Snowfall in Alaska

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... in-alaska/

If snowfall in Alaska is half the normal amount next year, then that will proclaimed as proof of climate change too.