Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Toemeesleather
Senior

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:31 am

The msm might actually be onto something here......Oprah would definitely be a better candidate than the PAH.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Cletus » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:37 am

Toemeesleather wrote:I wonder if tick will be gnob gobbling again this week....

Stephen Bannon says he’s sorry.

The far-right strategist began his atonement for calling actions taken by President Trump’s oldest son “treasonous” — an accusation that caused a rift with the commander-in-chief and his family, as well as those who support Trump.

“Donald Trump Jr. is both a patriot and a good man,” Bannon said Sunday in a statement to Axios. “He has been relentless in his advocacy for his father and the agenda that has helped turn our country around.”

This sounds very sincere.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:42 am

Symbolism over Substance!

Oprah - 2020!!

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:14 am

Oprah would have beaten Trump soundly. Biden would have beaten Trump soundly. Bernie would have beaten Trump soundly. For that matter, ANYBODY would have beaten Trump soundly. The Dem's somehow managed to nominate the only person on planet earth that could not beat Trump soundly.

THIS IS IT!

A federal judge orders Fusion GPS to comply with the subpoena and hand over all their documents related to the Pee Pee dossier. Let's just hope those records weren't bleach bit'd or the hard drives destroyed.
On Thursday, a U.S. District Judge denied Fusion GPS’s effort to keep the House committee from bank records it sought. Judge Richard Leon, who took over the case after the previous judge Tanya Chutkan recused herself midway over unspecified conflicts, smacked down all four grounds by which Fusion GPS tried to block the congressional subpoena. That subpoena included requests for records of payments from Fusion GPS to journalists who have covered the Russian dossier story.

Fusion said the request for records lacked a valid legislative purpose, were overbroad and irrelevant, violated First Amendment rights to speech and association, and violated financial privacy laws. The judge disagreed on each count.
More light on the already-proven Hillary collusion with the Russians. Best of all, who were the fake journalists were that were being paid to peddle the whole fake news Trump-Russia lie.

2018 is going to be awesome.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:40 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:I wonder if tick will be gnob gobbling again this week....

Stephen Bannon says he’s sorry.

The far-right strategist began his atonement for calling actions taken by President Trump’s oldest son “treasonous” — an accusation that caused a rift with the commander-in-chief and his family, as well as those who support Trump.

“Donald Trump Jr. is both a patriot and a good man,” Bannon said Sunday in a statement to Axios. “He has been relentless in his advocacy for his father and the agenda that has helped turn our country around.”
LOL Notice how he didn't retract the part about the meeting being treasonous. And while he tossed out a bouquet for Jr., he continued his harangue against Manafort and never even mentioned Kushner.

It's doubtful Bannon can worm his way back into the fold because he doesn't have much to offer in return. Whereas somebody like Lindsey Graham, a sitting senator...apparently a few WH dinners along with some golf getaways is all it took for Lindsey to spread his buttcheeks like a ladyboy hooker.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:48 pm

Sloppy Steve!
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:46 pm

The 421 People, Places, and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter (updated 1/3/2018)
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... e-letter-K

No doubt, add 'Sloppy' Steve.

Yeah, the same guy who tells everybody he's smarter than the generals and a 'very stable genius' - alternates between building himself up and crudely dissing anyone he sees as a threat. Without a doubt Trump's the most insecure person who ever got as yugely famous - and he'd be the first to tell you how yuge - as he's become.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:02 pm

nice little impromptu news conference held at camp david Saturday--took questions for 20 minutes sounded pretty good too me as far as his train of thought went.

watched him debate 17 repuibs and Hillary 4 times

again I think if his mental stability was an issue we would have noted it.

good to see everyone come together satruday and present a united front. again the issues you left wingers are sprouting off certainly don't look like it to me.

but feel free to keep using wolfes book as your bible

and all the other sources you keep using most of them found in some retraction pile somewhere

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:18 pm

Yes, the press conference where the president takes time to announce that he is very smart and stable is definitely a good sign that he's got his act together. I'm sure the upcoming fake news awards will be just as reassuring.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:03 pm

Bread and circuses...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:10 pm

[youtube]wZuuYv7qki8[/youtube]

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:15 pm

I believe he said the same in '16.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:18 pm

Black unemployment the lowest in decades, so this fits right in w/TDS.

ATLANTA — The NAACP is urging people to wear white and hold anti-Trump signs on Monday. Another group says demonstrators will “take a knee” before the big game to protest President Donald Trump’s visit to Atlanta.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:46 am

TDS explained.

Constitutional law professor Alan Dershowitz said now that the left "couldn't criminalize political differences" in regard to President Trump, "they're trying to pathologize, to psychiatrize political differences." Dershowitz said it is tyrannical governments that use the power of psychiatry and not the merits to debate their political opponents.

"They're trying to say, 'Oh maybe we can't get him on crime but we're going to show that he has mental problems, that he's disturbed.' The guy on CNN today was talking about he has Alzheimer's and he should be subjected to a neurological exam," Dershowitz said.

"That is so dangerous," he added.

"That is what they did in the former Soviet Union," Dershowitz said."

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:47 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:"They're trying to say, 'Oh maybe we can't get him on crime but we're going to show that he has mental problems, that he's disturbed.' The guy on CNN today was talking about he has Alzheimer's and he should be subjected to a neurological exam," Dershowitz said.

"That is so dangerous," he added.

"That is what they did in the former Soviet Union," Dershowitz said."[/i]
lol Please refer to these quotes about Trump from GOP members of Congress. "Crazy", "kook", "unfit for office", "erratic behavior", "debases our country", "great difficulty with the truth", "[in need of} adult day care", etc. "Xenophobic race-baiting bigot" also qualifies imo.

And it's rich irony how prof carries on his lame "TDS" schitck when in simpler times he himself made remarks about Trump's mental instability (the term "batshit" comes easily to mind).

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:58 pm

I know, I know....and Hillary's a genius. We get you.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:41 pm

Trump spent 50+ minutes meeting with top Democrats today, televised. He looked pretty sane to me. Tick, do you have any footage from that televised conference that demonstrate your (and others’) claim that Trump is “mentally unstable” or “insane” or “demented” or any of the other epithets that you listed? For example, did Trump arrive at that meeting in his underwear, like the perfectly sane John Conyers used to do?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyw ... otti%3famp

I didn’t think so. (And I don’t remember the Left fretting about Conyers having all his marbles, but I digress...)
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:24 am

Professor Tiger wrote:
When it might matter though, I vote for who I want to win.
There's the rub: I don't want Hillary to win. I don't want Trump to win. I know Johnson won't win no matter what.

I have been leaning towards Johnson since Paul dropped out, but he has now proven himself as much an imbecile as the other two. He is the Sara Palin of 2016.
Yeah, you thought he was unfit but something eventually snapped in your own head.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:14 am

I didn’t vote for Trump because he talked and tweeted like a crazy man. Also, with his business background and wealth, I doubted that he would actually oppose the GOP Establishment since he plays golf with them every week. Finally, I was afraid he would attack North Korea if the obese teenager made fun of his hair.

As a candidate, I could only judge Trump by his words. As POTUS, he now has a track of actions. His rhetoric and tweets are still crazy, but his actions have been outstanding (would you like to see the list again?) He is opposing the crony capitalist Establishment and helping the working class every day. He has driven the Left into daily feinting spells and panty peeing. And he is showing tremendous restraint with the Dear Dumpling.

MAGA!

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:58 am

Professor Tiger wrote:Trump spent 50+ minutes meeting with top Democrats today, televised. He looked pretty sane to me. Tick, do you have any footage from that televised conference that demonstrate your (and others’) claim that Trump is “mentally unstable” or “insane” or “demented” or any of the other epithets that you listed? For example, did Trump arrive at that meeting in his underwear, like the perfectly sane John Conyers used to do?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyw ... otti%3famp

I didn’t think so. (And I don’t remember the Left fretting about Conyers having all his marbles, but I digress...)
I haven't seen all of it but what I have seen is just more of trump rambling on, saying nothing of substance (or coherent), and then getting corrected by the other people in the room that have an understanding of the issue. Trump has a brain disease and it's getting worse. At his best, he's woefully unqualified for this job. In his current state, he's dangerous.