Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:18 am

Somebody should go find Kitty. I seem to remember a lot of calls for her to “disrobe” and “unclothe.” She was a lawyer too. She could get a lot of youse fired.
AlabamAlum wrote:John Besh is a liberal democrat?
Okay, I’ll take your word for it. Since he is a friend of yours, he’s off list. He is replaced by...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes. ... y,amp.html
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:42 am

bluetick wrote:There was a time when PT, as a libertarian and self-appointed arbiter in these parts, would also offer up a similar list of republican transgressors. Sadly, he went full tard for the Trump Party and now his singular focus is to defend his master. Tards will deflect the Access Hollywood/Stern interviews etc as well as the 16 accusers with cries of "everybody does it."

Thing is, 95% of those listed have been dealt some form of justice. :::ahem:::
Excuse me... what the Democrats are trying to do is erase 50 years of covering up and excusing theirr fellow Democrats for outrageous sexual behavior. Just because they started caring about sexual misconduct 15 minutes ago does not magically erase that long and shameful record.

And the ONLY reason you started caring 15 minutes ago is because, now that the Trump-Russia investigation has been exposed for the charade it is, trying to bring down Trump on accusations of sexual misconduct is your last and only hope. If it weren’t for Trump Derangement Syndrome, Weinstein, Spacey, Conyers et al would still be doing their thing, and being covered up for.

PS, the greatest sexual abuser of all time, Bill Clinton, was “dealt justice” DESPITE the massive and mighty Democrat wall to protect him from ever “being dealt” justice for what he did. That defensive wall included the slime job they did on all Bill’s accusers, all supervised by the person you voted for.

This sudden and convenient “brother I see the light!” act, and supporting history revisionism, is fooling nobody.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:55 am

I just googled James Toback to refresh my memory of which films he was involved in, goddamn, 310 women have accused him of sexual harassment? 310?? What a horn dog...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:35 am

Morning update: the latest prominent Democrat to be outed as a sexual harasser, Chris Matthews:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/16/nbc-m ... -matthews/

The current scorecard:

Political bracket:
JFK - President of the United States
Ted Kennedy - Senate Majority Leader of the United States
Wilbur Mills - US Congressman
Gerry Studds - US Congressman
Bill Clinton - President of the United States
Anthony Wiener - US Congressman
John Conyers, US Congressman
Ruben Kihuen - US Congressman
NEW ADDITION: Andrea Ramsey - US Congressional candidate

Media bracket:
Bill Cosby - comedian, actor, musician, and author.
Al Franken (an actor at the time)
Louis CK - Comedian and Producer
Ed Westwick - Actor
David Guillod - Co-chief executive of Primary Wave Entertainment agency
Brett Ratner - Producer and director
Kirt Webster - Music publicist
Andy Dick (That's apparently his real name) - Actor
Michael Oreskes - Head of news at NPR and former New York Times editor
Hamilton Fish - President and publisher of The New Republic
Kevin Spacey - Actor (this one was into dudes, not women, but whatever...)
Ken Baker - E! News correspondent
Mark Halperin - NBC News and MSNBC contributor, author of "Game Change"
Rick Najera - Director of CBS's Diversity Showcase
Knight Landesman - Publisher of Artforum
Leon Wieseltier - former editor at The New Republic
Terry Richardson - fashion photographer
James Toback - drector and writer
Lockhart Steele - editorial director of Vox Media
Robert Scoble - tech blogger and co-founder of the Transformation Group
Chris Savino - creator and showrunner of “The Loud House”
Roy Price - head of Amazon Studios
Andy Signore - senior vice president of content for Defy Media
Harvey Weinstein - producer and co-founder of the Weinstein Company
Charlie Rose - PBS journalist and TV talk show host
Garrison Keillor - author, storyteller, humorist, voice actor, and radio personality
Matt Lauer - television journalist. He was host of The Today Show from 1997 to 2017 and a contributor for Dateline NBC.
Tavis Smiley - PBS talk show host and author.
Morgan Spurlock - documentary filmmaker
NEW ADDITION: Chris Matthews - TV news show host

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:53 pm

Not Chris!!!
Let 'er Blow!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:31 pm

Just pols - too many to list otherwise

Republican Politicians in Alleged Sexual Misconduct

Larry Craig
David Vitter
Bob Allen
Mark Foley
Jeff Krause
Jack Latvata
Henry Hyde
John Grunseth
George W H Bush
Jack Ryan
Christopher Lee
Don Sherwood
Steve LaTourette
Bob Packwood
Dennis Hastert*********
Dan Crane***********
Phillip Hinkle
Ken Calvert
Herman Cain
John Ensign
Vito Fossella
Mike Duvall
Tony Cornish
Rudy Giuliani
John Schmitz
Bob Allen
James E West
Chris Myers
Bob Livingston
Robert Bauman********
Newt Gingrich
Buz Lukens*********
Charie Crist@@@
Jon Hinson
Scott DesJarlais
Donald Trump
Roy Moore**********
Jeffrey Hoover
Tim Murphy
Joe Barton
Wesley Goodman*********
Blake Farenthold

********** denotes alleged sexual misconduct with children or teens
@@@ Charlie Crist (D-FL) was a Republican when he allegedly solicited sex from male prostitutes
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:49 pm

Come to think of it, Donald Trump was a democrat when many of his alleged misdeeds occurred.

Put him on the dem list if you want to, prof. No charge.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:10 pm

10ac wrote:Not Chris!!!
C'mon, you just KNEW he was like that when he said this...

[youtube]K0oIU8y1EWs[/youtube]

"Did you see that walk? A runway walk! I could watch that all night."

At least Chris' ogling Melania was an improvement over his ogling Obama...

[youtube]no9fpKVXxCc[/youtube]

"Thrill going up my leg..."

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:12 pm

You forgot Blake Farenthold. That guy is a real piece of work.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:26 pm

And Tick, here is why your last post, and that whole attempted "moral equivalency" argument, falls flat: the Republicans haven't spent the last 50 years prancing about, sermonizing and claiming to be the party of and the champions of women, who defend the right of women not to be sexually mistreated in the workplace. The Democrats HAVE been that supposedly feminist party for all that time, even as legions of them have been simultaneously engaged in the perverted behavior they were always theatrically claiming to decry.

For a GOP equivalent to the Democrat sexual misconduct deluge, you would need several dozen Republicans to be caught engaging in gay orgies or outed as clandestine warlocks performing satanic rituals. That wouldn't even be surprising - much less shocking - for Democrats, but it would be for the party of "family values" and "God bless America."

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:28 pm

The MSM (ie:"librul newsies") broke these #metoo stories. Not your Fox or Breitbart or InfoWars. Let that sink in.

And there is no equivalency. Too many pedophiles on the GOP side of the ledger.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:44 pm

First, the whole Trump-Russia investigation was exposed as the Potemkin Village vaudeville act that it truly is. So then the Trump Derangement Syndrome legions desperately fled to their final Alamo: Trump is a sexual harrasser! Yeah, that's the ticket!

Until it wasn't. According to that right-wing, alt-right, racist, sexist, homophobic outlet, thehill.com:
Exclusive: Prominent lawyer sought donor cash for two Trump accusers

A well-known women’s rights lawyer sought to arrange compensation from donors and tabloid media outlets for women who made or considered making sexual misconduct allegations against Donald Trump during the final months of the 2016 presidential race, according to documents and interviews.

California lawyer Lisa Bloom’s efforts included offering to sell alleged victims’ stories to TV outlets in return for a commission for herself, arranging a donor to pay off one Trump accuser’s mortgage and attempting to secure a six-figure payment for another woman who ultimately declined to come forward after being offered as much as $750,000, the clients told The Hill.

A well-known women’s rights lawyer sought to arrange compensation from donors and tabloid media outlets for women who made or considered making sexual misconduct allegations against Donald Trump during the final months of the 2016 presidential race, according to documents and interviews.

California lawyer Lisa Bloom’s efforts included offering to sell alleged victims’ stories to TV outlets in return for a commission for herself, arranging a donor to pay off one Trump accuser’s mortgage and attempting to secure a six-figure payment for another woman who ultimately declined to come forward after being offered as much as $750,000, the clients told The Hill.

By early November, the woman said, Bloom’s offers of money from donors had grown to $50,000 to be paid personally to her, and then even higher.

“Another donor has reached out to me offering relocation/security for any woman coming forward. I’m trying to reach him,” Bloom texted the woman on Nov. 3, 2016. Later she added, “Call me I have good news.”

The woman responded that she wasn’t impressed with the new offer of $100,000 given that she had a young daughter. “Hey after thinking about all this, I need more than $100,000.00. College money would be nice” for her daughter. “Plus relocation fees, as we discussed.”

The figured jumped to $200,000 in a series of phone calls with Bloom that week, according to the woman. The support was promised to be tax-free and also included changing her identity and relocating, according to documents and interviews.

Bloom told The Hill that the woman asked for money as high as $2 million in the conversations, an amount that was a nonstarter, but the lawyer confirmed she tried to arrange donations to the woman in the low six figures.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... p-accusers
It is not surprising that the "Trump is a Sexual Harrasser!" gambit is as fraudulent as the "Trump Colluded With the Russians!" myth.

I must say, when Trump got elected, I knew the whole Democrat-MSM-Deep State axis would go after him with everything they've got. But I did think that "everything they've got" would prove to be at least... competent. It appears I was wrong. They clearly aren't what they used too be. Back in their prime, they could do whatever they wanted to and get away with it. How far they have fallen. Nowadays, they can't even "drag a $100 bill through a trailer park" and pay random women to say Trump harassed them without being detected and exposed, like thehill.com just did.

SAD!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:01 am

2 of the 16 (19?) wanted to get paid for their experience. You'd think there'd be more.

You've ramped up your phony indignations of late...can't get in the Christmas spirit?

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:48 am

"Trump sexually harassed me. Pay me."

Trump's gonna get impeached for sure. THIS IS IT!!!

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:54 am

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics( BLS), the unemployment rate for black Americans is the lowest it has been since the year 2000, 17 years ago.

In November, the national unemployment rate for black Americans, ages 16 and over, was 7.3%.

The last time it was 7.3% was in the year 2000, during the months September, October and November.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:57 am

I hope he doesn't get impeached. If that happens, him and all of his followers like you (which is most of them) will go to their graves howling about how the fix was in against them. I would much rather him be voted out in 2020, preferably by a very large margin, so that there will be no way he or his minions can claim anything but the will of the people as the reason he was ousted. Of course, if he wins again, then that's the will of the people too. My strong suspicion is that 2018 is going to be bad for repubs, but that's nothing unusual for a midterm after a new president's first two years. But if things continue to go sour, I doubt Trump will even run again in 2020. He'll come up with some excuse to avoid a historic public beatdown. On the bright side, that what people said would happen in 2016, so maybe Trump will be emboldened to think that it could happen again. And sadly, it could. But I doubt it...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:40 am

As I'm sure you know, the best predictor of a POTUS election is the state of the economy. If the economy keeps booming like it has so far under Trump - like it NEVER did under Obama- then Trump has a pretty good shot at reelection. If not, then he doesn't. He may not even run for reelection; he's getting pretty old.

There are a few other imponderables too. If he fires the first shot in a Korean War 2.0 which leads to the deaths of millions of people, that could bring him down. In addition to the unfathomable loss of life, that event would lay waste to two of the biggest economies on earth - South Korea and Japan. The results to the world and US economies would also be unfathomable.

2018 could indeed be rough for the GOP, but probably not for Trump. The Republicans will probably lose the Senate. But it will be because so many voters like me will not lift a finger to stop it. We have already concluded that if a Republican-controlled Senate can't get ANYTHING conservative done, then there is no point having a Republican-controlled Senate. Of course, the Dem's will delude themselves into believing that the Republicans lost the Senate because the base has finally rejected Trump. They will not understand that Republicans lost the Senate precisely because the base still SUPPORTS Trump.

2018 will also be a very good year for Trump on a couple of fronts. First, the Mueller investigation will sulk away, having failed to come up with any evidence that Trump colluded with the Russians. (I'm already putting together the Tick Memorial Wiley Coyote Film Festival Weekend that will follow.) And whatever the TDS legions come up with about Trump and sexual harassment will be drowned out be the continuing revelations of Democrats groping, grabbing, exposing themselves to, etc etc etc. So that won't go anywhere either. We will probably find out if the Pee Pee Dossier, which was paid for by the Hillary campaign, was used by Obama's FBI and CIA to get FISA warrants and then spy on the Trump campaign. If there is real evidence that happened, then it will be high ranking Democrat and Deep State officials, not Trump, who get frog marched in hand cuffs off to jail. Those three events will have the TDS legions jumping off buildings in 2018 large numbers.
hedge wrote: I wish you jumped off a building.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:41 am

I wish this thread would burn in hell with Wiz.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:50 am

Professor Tiger wrote:As I'm sure you know, the best predictor of a POTUS election is the state of the economy. If the economy keeps booming like it has so far under Trump - like it NEVER did under Obama- then Trump has a pretty good shot at reelection. If not, then he doesn't. He may not even run for reelection; he's getting pretty old.
The Dow under oprama went from 7800 to 20000 -up 170%- and his bull market lasted 92 months. Trump numbers are 'up 20%' and 11 months, respectively. oprama's job numbers...75 consecutive months of job growth whereby the UE rate dropped from 10.5% to 4.9%. It fell to 4.3% this July but is now back up to 5.0%.

Answer two questions if you can:

1) If the economy really is booming under Trump as you say, then why the need for this trickle-down deficit-ballooning tax bill farce?

2) What specifically has Trump done for the middle class in his 11 months, especially the blue collar low-mids in the Rust Belt - the ones that basically got him elected? I'm thinking not much, if anything at all. A 24k Dow means nothing to them.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:02 pm

"First, the Mueller investigation will sulk away, having failed to come up with any evidence that Trump colluded with the Russians. (I'm already putting together the Tick Memorial Wiley Coyote Film Festival Weekend that will follow.) And whatever the TDS legions come up with about Trump and sexual harassment will be drowned out be the continuing revelations of Democrats groping, grabbing, exposing themselves to, etc etc etc."

What is far more likely and I would almost say inevitable is that Mueller is going to find something on Trump, but his legions, i.e., you, are going to howl in indignation that it was a witch hunt and not valid and what about Hillary?, etc etc etc. That's already happening. As for the sexual harassment, you and your brethren have already swept that under the rug. Trump said it himself: He could assassinate somebody on 5th Avenue and his supporters won't care. You are living proof of the truth of that statement...