Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Music

Post by eCat » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:47 am

me trying to pretend I know the words to songs my kids are listening to

[youtube]cJymBJ_5iUg[/youtube]
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:57 pm

Eminem goes off on Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKN5bMTHyMM

I don't agree with one or two of the talking points but I do like his line drawn in the sand and I see it as being a pretty powerful statement all things considered.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:16 pm

I'm going to listen to what Eminem has to say.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by 10ac » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:48 am

eCat wrote:I'm going to listen to what Eminem has to say.
I'm sure tree can explain it to you.
Let 'er Blow!

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:49 am

True. I could normally give a couple shits what he says and I've never really liked his music, but you have to admit the most popular white rapper in the country denouncing the white nationalist POTUS is significant.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:56 am

You said that with a straight face...

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:20 pm

Well, some people defend Trump with a straight face, so I guess that makes you even...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:13 pm

Tree wrote:
True. I could normally give a couple shits what he says and I've never really liked his music, but you have to admit the most popular white rapper in the country denouncing the white nationalist POTUS is significant.
Trump is about as much of a white nationalist as Eminem is culturally significant.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:56 pm

eCat wrote:
Tree wrote:
Trump is about as much of a white nationalist as Eminem is culturally significant.
Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:52 am

now if you'd stop before posting.....

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:24 pm

Heh. Point to you there.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:22 pm

I've always been a fan of Buffalo Springfield but for the music power this band had, they should have cranked out alot more memorable songs. A little known fact - Stills auditioned for the Monkees and was rejected

[youtube]BWTqj5lvkFs[/youtube]

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:40 pm

They were only around for a couple of years...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:42 pm

I saw an interview with Neil Young and he talked about how he'd get bored with a group , even if they were making good music and he'd just abruptly leave

I'd have to look but I think Stills was telling a story where they were scheduled to go on Ed Sullivan and Young was like fuck this, I'm going solo and they didn't even know he was tired of it

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:44 pm

I didn't find the Ed Sullivan thing but I found this.

---------------

The inability of Neil Young to stay committed to a musical idea has been part of his charm throughout his career, but to his infrequent bandmate Stephen Stills it's maddening. In a new interview, Stills opens up about the damage Young did by walking away from the Buffalo Springfield reunion tour that was scheduled to take place in 2012.

"We were supposed to work for most of the summer," Stills told Rolling Stone. "It left me in a lurch for three quarters and ruined my financial planning. Also, 150 people got laid off that were supposed to work on the tour."

After a few successful gigs in 2010 and 2011, Buffalo Springfield were expected to play 30 shows this year. However, Young decided to take his ball and go home -- or rather, record two albums and tour with Crazy Horse -- by putting the kibosh on those plans. Fortunately for Stills, his old pals David Crosby and Graham Nash were around to tour with him.

"We didn't go [to] all that trouble for seven shows," Stills continued. "That's what impetuosity will do for you. You can't go off half-cocked . . . When Neil is involved you anything you need a seatbelt."

Young's actions should hardly be surprising to Stills. In 1976, the two were touring behind the Stills-Young Band's 'Long May You Run' album when Young, without warning, left the tour. Stills found out when he received a telegram backstage that read, "Dear Stephen, funny how things that start spontaneously end that way. Eat a peach. Neil."

At the moment, Stills does not believe he will ever tour with Young again.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:51 pm

"I remember we were headed back East to do the Johnny Carson Show, and Neil quits the night before we're supposed to leave. We fell prey to the whole entourage system. Everybody had to have his own entourage and it got stupid. We forgot the intial brotherhood."

Young: "I just couldn`t handle it towards the end. It wasn't me scheming on a solo career, it wasn`t anything but my nerves. Everything started to go to fucking fast. It was going crazy, joining and quitting, joining and quitting again. I began to feel like I didn`t have to answer or obey anyone. I needed more space. That was the big problem in my head. So I`d quit, then I`d come back 'cos it sounded so good. It was a constant problem. I just wasn`t mature enough to deal with it. I was very young. We were getting the shaft from every angle, and it seemed like we were trying to make it so bad and getting nowhere."

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:14 pm

Yeah, Neil was pretty notorious back in the day for being difficult to get along with, but so was Stills, so maybe there was bad blood b/w them. For whatever reason Neil has more or less stuck with Crazy Horse, at least off and on, for most of his career...

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:31 pm

So long Malcom Young. May his liver rest in peace. I guess AC/DC is finished now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3nEAmt5AZ8

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:02 am

He retired when the dementia hit a few years ago.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by 10ac » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:32 pm

RIP Mel Tillis.
Let 'er Blow!