eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by eCat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:39 pm

they'll shit the bed our next game
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by crotch » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:04 pm

hedge wrote:Looks like your Cats righted the ship today, Crotch...
Color me unimpressed. They were playing Bama

Watch Bama stand around and let Kentucky do anything they wanted.. Our girl's HS team could have given Bama a decent game.

[youtube]k7r2fQ_-q60[/youtube]

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:37 pm

if Ole Miss was smart they'd hire Penny Hardaway tomorrow and guarantee they'd get Wiseman, which in turn would also guarantee that UK will suck again next year.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:39 am

goldenbear wrote:If DUke is named by the FBI all things will be right in the world, though maybe the FBI should have been more worried about the wacko in Florida.
So the FBI is investigating Duke? That makes sense....Krzyzewski... Krzyzewski... is that a .... Russian name?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:25 am

Kentucky is far from clean on this

Code was a Nike guy until 2014'ish and then went to Adidas

Everyone points to Orlando Antigua leaving as the reason UK fell in recruiting status, but if you look at the timing, this guy bolts and we have one great class and then we start to taper off.

At the same time, Duke (which is a Nike school so no tie in to Code there) takes off.

The only bright spot is Cal and Gott hate each other, and only one player went with Andy Miller to go pro's, and he dumped him after 12 months.

I think its safe to say Kansas is neck deep in this, along with Arizona and probably Villanova.

We just have to see what kind of pressure is exerted on Nike schools before we get a better idea of the remainder of blue bloods.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:00 am

eCat wrote:if Ole Miss was smart they'd hire Penny Hardaway tomorrow and guarantee they'd get Wiseman, which in turn would also guarantee that UK will suck again next year.

from what I read today they better hurry up

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:13 pm

Poor Mecca...

Louisville loses NCAA investigation appeal, will vacate 2013 national title

http://www.syracuse.com/acc/index.ssf/2 ... title.html
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:44 pm

maybe the funniest thing about all of this is Pitino has a tattoo of a Cardinal and 2013 National Champs

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:43 pm

Hey Metzger!

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Louisville was stripped of its title. Get it? See what I did there?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:39 pm

What, you pronounced "title" as "tittle"?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:46 pm

Somebody posted this article at IC, it's about how many great players have come out of Kinston, NC, which is about 40 miles southeast of where Stu and I live and about 30 miles east of where DS grew up. This tells you all you need to know about the economy around here:

"LEGEND HOLDS THAT in the early 1990s, back when Stackhouse starred for Kinston High, more than 2,000 people packed a gym with a capacity of about 1,750 -- and a bit above that mark constitutes a fire-code violation, so the fire marshal attended most of Stackhouse's games too. Lines snaked around the gym hours before tipoff; tickets sold as if the Beatles were in town...

But when Brandon Ingram's teams won four consecutive state titles, the stands had plenty of empty seats. Sellouts were rare. "We haven't had any fire marshal issues in a while, not the way it was," says Perry Tyndall, the KHS boys basketball coach.

The problem, he and many others say: Tickets today are $6, double the price when Stackhouse played. "For a family of four," Tyndall says, "that's expensive.""

Good article:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/ ... nt-america

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:11 am

the most fun I had watching a game this year.

good win by UK. Tonight was the team we've been waiting for. No coincidence that Diallo was on the bench for most of the game.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:49 pm

Fuck Kinston
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:08 pm

But a veritable Shangri-La compared to Goldsboro...

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:47 pm

hedge wrote:But a veritable Shangri-La compared to Goldsboro...
That’s a goddamned lie. Kinston is an even bigger shithole than Goldsboro.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:17 pm

It's about like asking who was worse, Hitler or Stalin?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:37 am

Last week, Pete Thamel of Yahoo! Sports dropped a bombshell report saying over 50 schools could find themselves in trouble with the NCAA following the major FBI investigation sweeping college basketball.

Tonight, both Thamel and Pat Forde released another report that should terrify the entire nation even further.

According to Yahoo! Sports, the FBI has spreadsheets detailing every single player to receive illegal benefits, how much money they received, and how much they planned to receive. They also reported no school with a first-round pick over the last three years should sleep easy each night.

“There are spreadsheets detailing who got paid, how much they got paid and how much more they were planning to pay,” said a source familiar with the investigation. “The feds got everything they wanted and much more. Don’t think it will only be players who ended up signing with ASM that got paid. Those spreadsheets cast a wide net throughout college basketball. If your school produced a first-round pick in the past three years, be worried.”

In fact, this could impact the current eligibility of NCAA players, including “numerous prominent players in the upcoming NCAA tournament.”

According to the sources, the financial records from Miller and wiretap conversations featuring Dawkins illuminate the blatant nature of deal-making to land top talent well before the players turn professional. Those deals could threaten the current eligibility of players because of NCAA amateurism rules and retroactively put in peril the contests participated in by those players. Sources said this includes numerous prominent players in the upcoming NCAA tournament, the showcase of college basketball. “It’s all there,” said a different source familiar with the investigation.

So when could we start seeing these NCAA violations/announcements come to fruition? Yahoo! reports it could last all the way through 2019 because the case is so massive.

In terms of potential NCAA violations, the information is expected to inevitably trickle out through pretrial motions and the trials themselves. Dates for three trials have been set, some of them not scheduled to begin until 2019. (There’s no certainty all of the collected information will get out, nor will there be any specific timeline when it’s released.)

There were several elite recruits that didn’t sign on the dotted line with former NBA agent Andy Miller, but that doesn’t make you immune from this case. In fact, more players received improper benefits from Miller than the agency actually signed.

So how deep did Miller’s operation go? One source with knowledge of the investigation estimated that ASM Sports was paying more than three times as many prospects, and families of prospects, as clients they signed. The impact on the NCAA landscape is expected to be significant. No one is certain if the federal government is targeting other NBA agents amid the competitive landscape, but it is widely believed within the sport that Miller was far from the only agent operating in this manner.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:42 am

Supposedly....Some random guy has connections to St. Johns and put this list out - which was laughed at on the UK board because he omitted Syracuse and Louisville.

Ohio State, St. Johns, Ok State, Texas, Indiana, Michigan State, USC, Florida State, Miami, UCLA, Arizona, Kansas, UNC, Maryland, Minnesota, Villanova, Baylor, Alabama, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Michigan, Duke, LSU, Uconn, SMU, Iowa State, Kentucky, Oregon, G'town

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:41 am

"They also reported no school with a first-round pick over the last three years should sleep easy each night."

I guess that means UNC is in the clear. But, given that wording, I can't imagine the same can be said for UK fans...