Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

The Anti k*
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by The Anti k* » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:36 pm

eCat — Williamson also considered Kansas, which was his western outpost. Shit, I thought they were the dark horse in this recruitment, with them being the only adidas school involved.

Hedge — You summed it up, as I never thought we’d get Zion. But damn, dook*?! They have three 6’7” guys in the same class. Unless they get EJ Montgomery, one of them will play center.

I’m just sick of that SOB flipping the script to glorify himself. He eschewed early NBA entrants, cussing out Mama Avery and his daughter whining in an interview that her daddy felt “betrayed” by guys leaving early for the league. usK* basK*etball gave k*rzytler an advantage no one could compete with. He’s now “boys” with LeBron and Kobe. He slides into Beyoncé’s circle and makes sure everyone knows it. This, I remind you, is the same MFer who told the elder George Bush in the White House celebration in 1992, “I hope we’re BOTH back here next year.”

But all that’s been scrubbed from his record. Somewhere, Pete Gaudet turns his lonely eyes towards the Goat Pen...

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:20 pm

I think the reality is he didn't seriously consider UK or Kansas, but if you are a top pick and you want the press coverage, the analysis and your name in the NBA discussion, its in your best interest to string these programs along for as long as you can.

The loss of Zion to Duke didn't hurt UK. Losing Barrett did
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by 10ac » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:09 pm

Nice one Sardis.
Let 'er Blow!

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:40 am

I haven't been overly excited about UNC recruiting since Harrison Barnes so I don't really care who they get. I'm glad the kid from the high school here is going to UNC so I can root for him. The only reason Duke has won a championship with OADs is because Kentucky massively choked in 2015. Otherwise, Cal would have 2 titles and be the blueprint for that model and K would be still chasing a title not won with scrubby white boys. Now Cal is scrambling to stay relevant to the top 10 guys and everyone in the national media has gone back to jacking off to K.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:46 am

Most people believe that Capel is the reason of Coach K's success

and Nike

If Nike is exposed like Adidas is, it probably won't end well for Coach K or Cal. The NCAA can't provide protection in that one.

And the kid held out all year at Kansas (held out before the "car wreck") is now on his way to play ball in Bosnia just after his momma went on a rant in twitter dogging fans and saying how her son is innocent.

That kid got shoe money and Kansas was scared that shoe (money) was about to drop so they held that kid out and made up some reason to deflect why.

As for Cal, his approach is done unless he comes up with a new angle as far as owning recruiting - and he's put himself in a bad position because of his arrogance.
He was the one saying he can get anyone he wants - and now he has to face this monster of his own creation in the fans.

Cals problem was after winning the national championship, he started thinking beyond coaching - some of it altruistically for the kids, most of it for his legacy, and all of it at the expense of UK winning a national championship.

The difference between K, Roy and Cal is that Cal was pushing these kids to make their money as soon as they could in a short term approach to their career and UK's program. Get that $1.5m contract now because you will be in the D-League in 2 year or watch your draft stock plummet as a Junior on our team. If you're good enough to cut it that $1.5m turns into $18m and if you are a star it turns into $80m

And after Zion (who most reasonable fans now realize we never had a chance with) and Trae Young - who begged to come to Kentucky but demanded to be the starting PG getting 20 shots a game, the fans are demanding that Cal get a bit more humble and hungry for a championship at UK. Cal also sent mixed signals on Ben Simmons who probably set the tone for going to your favorite school and still making millions without Kentucky.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:08 pm

I don't blame Cal on Trae Young. He's an overrated ballhog and that is becoming more and more apparent

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:13 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:43 pm

Saint wrote:I don't blame Cal on Trae Young. He's an overrated ballhog and that is becoming more and more apparent
he also had Oklahoma ranked as high as #4 in the nation carrying them on his back

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:50 pm

He would've been adored at UK...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:54 pm

eCat wrote:
Saint wrote:I don't blame Cal on Trae Young. He's an overrated ballhog and that is becoming more and more apparent
he also had Oklahoma ranked as high as #4 in the nation carrying them on his back
in early January.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:55 pm

hedge wrote:He would've been adored at UK...
oh I'm sure there would be grumbling but winning cures all ills.

We've got back to back losses , dropped out of the top 25 and we're in 4th place in the SEC. You think Trae Young would have hurt us at this point?

That's on Cal.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:57 pm

Young went 14 of 39 in Saturday's loss to Ok St. For the season, he is 164 of 370, which isn't bad. But he's taken 31% of OU's shots and more than twice as many as any other Sooner. I'm betting his percentage goes down as the season progresses.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:58 pm

Saint wrote:Young went 14 of 39 in Saturday's loss to Ok St. For the season, he is 164 of 370, which isn't bad. But he's taken 31% of OU's shots and more than twice as many as any other Sooner. I'm betting his percentage goes down as the season progresses.

yea I won't argue he's hit his ceiling. The problem with Oklahoma is they don't have a choice but to keep going with him.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:17 pm

we had a 2-0 week against ranked teams including throttling young for < 25 pts breaking a streak of 11 games in a row he had scored 25 or more

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by aTm » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:44 pm

Kansas State or Kansas?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:00 pm

"We've got back to back losses , dropped out of the top 25 and we're in 4th place in the SEC. "

The odd thing is you outrebounded Florida by 11 and they shot 33% for the game and were 6-30 from behind the arc. Looking at those stats, I would never have thought Florida won that game...

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:24 pm

hedge wrote:"We've got back to back losses , dropped out of the top 25 and we're in 4th place in the SEC. "

The odd thing is you outrebounded Florida by 11 and they shot 33% for the game and were 6-30 from behind the arc. Looking at those stats, I would never have thought Florida won that game...
Florida had the better coach........

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:09 am

Cal's problem is if you can't pick the lot of talented freshmen coming in then you end up with a team of talented players but not the team you wanted - and the past 2 years he doesn't have a team, he has a collection of players.

Now he's throwing shade on Coach K because he's getting beat at his own game.

Cal created this monster and there is no shortage of fans holding him accountable for it now.

Not that any of them wants a new coach, but they're letting him know that swaggy Cal was fun, but those days are gone.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:28 am

KU sucks this year but in the drivers seat as usual with west ginny losing last night.
their one and doner skipped off to Europe due to some issues his mom getting a car which he wrecked

anyhoo we beat Baylor last night and have KU next in the big 12 hopefully OU or us beat them over the next week or is 14 championships in a row for those fools

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:48 am

"Not that any of them wants a new coach"

Crotch isn't going to appreciate being ignored like this...