eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by eCat » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:27 pm

stallings was done before that game
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 am

Where's onion?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:30 am

looks like the UK team we all hoped to see has arrived......finally

last night UK beatdown MIzzou. Normally that just SOP but considering we just lost to them a few weeks back this is good news for UK fans.

Coming off impressive wins over Arkansas, Bama and Mizzou - 2 games we were predicted to lose and then beating the spread by 14 points in the win is good.(I think Pomeroy had us losing to Bama)

Cal limited Diallo's minutes in the previous 2 games, which we won and I think Diallo finally realized that unless he plays team ball he won't see the court. Last night the kid had his best game as a UK player, the team shot like 63% from 3 point and had double digit assists, without knowing for sure I think the most assists in a game we've had this year.

We also have the next coming of Dennis Rodman in Vanderbilt. The guy is a beast in rebounding and after sitting out almost 3/4 of the season he is comfortable in the lineup and it shows.

Finally last night our guards were looking for our star scorer in Knox who had the green light.

It was the team the fans wanted to see since late December.

If we don't revert back to an NBA tryout team, we can do some damage now. We were a top 5 team last night.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:08 am

I think there are about 25 teams that are potentially top 5 teams this year if they show up, just depends on the night. On the other side, every one of those teams is not a top 25 team (and have shown it) on a different night. Should make for an interesting tourny. I definitely don't discount the idea of UK or UNC winning the NC this year (or certainly getting to the FF), not do I discount either of them losing In the second round. I think the same can be said about pretty much any of about 20 teams this year...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by BigRedMan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:30 pm

Whoever has the best legal team will avoid any punishments from the NCAA or have to fire their coaches.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:06 am

Rumor is a name bigger than Miller will get popped this week. Self leads the polling followed by Izzo a close second. Shaka Smart may be living on borrowed time as well.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:46 pm

Cal is a bigger name than Miller...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:53 pm

hedge wrote:Cal is a bigger name than Miller...
Williams is bigger than Cal

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:33 pm

Skal should be a concern for UK. His "foster father" was about all the $$$.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:40 pm

nobody really talked much about Skal. Wouldn't be surprised but the dividing line is your coach on tape arranging the money.

Emmert won't do much about a kid taking shoe money from an agent unless there is a trail to the coach.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:44 pm

Well, Memphis has absolutely nothing to fear. Tubby doesn't recruit. I doubt he's paying his 3-star JUCO's much...
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:14 am

Dave23 wrote:Well, Memphis has absolutely nothing to fear. Tubby doesn't recruit. I doubt he's paying his 3-star JUCO's much...

Tubby was adament about not getting into the AAU slime. He said on more than one occasion he wouldn't do it because he wasn't going to be the coach to put this program (UK) back on probation, which I always thought was a shot at Pitino.

Tubby Smith - integrity recruiter, great bench coach - and none of that means shit without good players.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:18 am

Buzz Williams gets on the microphone during the Duke game to tell the fans to quit cussing. They were chanting Bullshit after a bad call.

I thought it was unnecessary but I bet he gets points in the media and fanbase for doing it especially taking a shot veiled shot at the refs.

Someone brought this up which is classic - Billy Tubbs

[youtube]sM6dwb3zIIo[/youtube]

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:11 am

Great win by VT over the evil empire last night...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:06 pm

This guy reiterates what I posted a few days ago. Not sure why FBI wanders off into NCAA rule violations, but I guess they are at the bidding of powerful institutions.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... ark-emmert

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:47 pm

yeah I watched the beginning of that game--don't know who was leading the grayson sucks chant from vcu crowd but It disappeared all of a sudden had a feeling somebody said something to shut it up

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:04 pm

sardis wrote:This guy reiterates what I posted a few days ago. Not sure why FBI wanders off into NCAA rule violations, but I guess they are at the bidding of powerful institutions.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... ark-emmert

actually I think this is good for the sport

it cleans up rogue coaches who have decided to jump in bed with the shoe companies /agents to pay players,and secondly, the NCAA had no ability to police the agents/shoe companies other than player eligibility. If it gets to the point that kids are getting $100K and being locked in to schools , then being signed by an agent - and the NCAA doesn't have the resources to do anything about it then I'm all for the FBI stepping in.

Now do I think its a good use of FBI resources, no I don't but this feel into their lap and they decided to act on it.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:34 pm

The problem with the shoe company thing is that it ends up punishing schools, who certainly benefit from having players but in a lot of cases, have nothing to do with them getting paid before they get to college. Of course, if schools are working with these shoe company bag men, that's another thing. And like you said, it's basically a loophole that is beyond the NCAA's reach, at least when it comes to stopping it. Something tells me is that it is low-hanging fruit for the FBI though.