Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: UNLV Rebels

Post by eCat » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:19 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:When did we start posting on CNN/SI? 96? That's been a fucking long time. 20 years. How many originals are left?

I think it was 96
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by AlabamAlum » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:21 pm

I started on CNNSI in 1997. 20 year anniversary this March.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:17 am

Me.
Let 'er Blow!

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:54 am

I think I started in '98. I wasn't there when UNC lost to Utah so it was the following fall. I can't remember when I first started being a regular anywhere. I remember going on an AOL forum on my bosses' login in '95 and getting into a heated argument with some fucking Bills fan less than 5 min after I logged on. I quickly realized that was the life for me.

I never did go on the ESPN boards. Didn't care for the format. I was on uncbball.com or whatever it was that turned into Inside Carolina and ACCboards.com. Had some epic battles there with State fans and Republicans. Nothing compares to the Mecca meltdowns or the Crow hissy fits of CNNSi.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:26 am

Saint wrote:I think I started in '98. I wasn't there when UNC lost to Utah so it was the following fall. I can't remember when I first started being a regular anywhere. I remember going on an AOL forum on my bosses' login in '95 and getting into a heated argument with some fucking Bills fan less than 5 min after I logged on. I quickly realized that was the life for me.

I never did go on the ESPN boards. Didn't care for the format. I was on uncbball.com or whatever it was that turned into Inside Carolina and ACCboards.com. Had some epic battles there with State fans and Republicans. Nothing compares to the Mecca meltdowns or the Crow hissy fits of CNNSi.

first argument I had was with a UNC fan back on the Compuserve Sports Illustrated board - probably around '95 as well. He handed me my ass and I realized I had to raise my game.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:28 pm

When are you going to start working on that?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:42 pm

hedge wrote:When are you going to start working on that?
I'll let you know

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:41 pm

eCat wrote:
Saint wrote:I think I started in '98. I wasn't there when UNC lost to Utah so it was the following fall. I can't remember when I first started being a regular anywhere. I remember going on an AOL forum on my bosses' login in '95 and getting into a heated argument with some fucking Bills fan less than 5 min after I logged on. I quickly realized that was the life for me.

first argument I had was with a UNC fan back on the Compuserve Sports Illustrated board - probably around '95 as well. He handed me my ass and I realized I had to raise my game.
'95 wasn't a good time for UK fans to be shit-talking UNC fans.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:25 am

I was on the Kstate college boards over there

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:38 pm

Saint wrote:
eCat wrote:

'95 wasn't a good time for UK fans to be shit-talking UNC fans.
why not? we just came off a final four and was the hottest program in college basketball. Yes, I'm sure we lost to UNC in '95 but we were on the verge of a 3 year run that was going to eclipse anything that UNC and arguably Duke had done in the 90's. Momentum and smack was definitely right for us then. Besides, like many UNC fans, he was a pretentious dick.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:57 pm

Yes, but apres Pitino, le deluge...

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:09 pm

Je voudrais que tu sois inondée de plomb fondu
Let 'er Blow!

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:25 am

eCat wrote:why not? we just came off a final four and was the hottest program in college basketball. Yes, I'm sure we lost to UNC in '95 but we were on the verge of a 3 year run that was going to eclipse anything that UNC and arguably Duke had done in the 90's. Momentum and smack was definitely right for us then. Besides, like many UNC fans, he was a pretentious dick.
Because no matter what you could say in '95, UK had A) just come off probation, B) hadn't won a title in 17 years, C) had watched UNC win one just 2 years earlier, and, of course, D) got their fannies smacked by Dean in Birmingham. No wonder some garden-variety Carolina fan ate your lunch on Compuserv back then. You had nothing.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:24 am

Saint wrote:
eCat wrote:why not? we just came off a final four and was the hottest program in college basketball. Yes, I'm sure we lost to UNC in '95 but we were on the verge of a 3 year run that was going to eclipse anything that UNC and arguably Duke had done in the 90's. Momentum and smack was definitely right for us then. Besides, like many UNC fans, he was a pretentious dick.
Because no matter what you could say in '95, UK had A) just come off probation, B) hadn't won a title in 17 years, C) had watched UNC win one just 2 years earlier, and, of course, D) got their fannies smacked by Dean in Birmingham. No wonder some garden-variety Carolina fan ate your lunch on Compuserv back then. You had nothing.
pfft...you think probation is going to mean anything to us?

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:11 am

I was CNNSI in 1999...then WX. Never was a Goatpen regular, though, until this house opened.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:28 am

to me this is an amazing video (its short)

but even nature has a way of balancing things out

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:46 am

That's the same video...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:54 am

dammit!

fixed it

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:04 am

It is cool to see octopus when diving. They're not very large, usually the size of your fist or smaller...

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:34 am

My favorite comment and I thought the exact same thing when I saw it:

Can someone please explain what just WARBLE GOBBLED him?
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.