Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: MIT Engineers

Post by AugustWest » Wed May 18, 2011 12:23 pm

system restore didnt work. in fact I dont even know why microsoft bothers to put it in windows except to give false hope to idiots like me that fuck up their systems. I've used it several times in the past and not once has it ever worked. thanks for the suggestion though.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed May 18, 2011 12:29 pm

I got hit with that one awhile back.

You probably won't be able to but see if you can isntall Microsoft Security Essentials, let it update and install. Since its microsoft though you'll have to validate it thru their website.

I know I fixed it and I didn't have to install any new anti virus.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Wed May 18, 2011 12:48 pm

I just deleted my user account at started a new one. it seems to work ok. does the MS security suite actually work?
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed May 18, 2011 12:52 pm

my opinion is that anti-virus software , especially the free ones become less effective the longer they are on the market.

SuperAntiSpyware doesn't do much for me anymore and I've completely reliant on Security Essentials and Malwarebytes for now.

Its a good real time anti virus. I also use the Commodo firewall. All 3 of these are free and so far have done the best job of keeping me virus free as any combination of things I have in the past.

That said, I've stopped using Limewire and have stopped going to warez sites so that probably has as much to do with it as anything else.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Wed May 18, 2011 3:58 pm

cool. maybe I'll try it.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu May 19, 2011 12:59 pm

a friend of mine got killed in a motorcycle crash last night in Memphis. He was a member of the swat team at one time for the Germantown police. A 20 year marine that had seen the bad stuff in the middle east, a cop and a swat team member and you'd never know it talking to him.

Bummer

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu May 19, 2011 5:45 pm

sorry about your friend E.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu May 19, 2011 6:08 pm

eCat wrote:a friend of mine got killed in a motorcycle crash last night in Memphis. He was a member of the swat team at one time for the Germantown police. A 20 year marine that had seen the bad stuff in the middle east, a cop and a swat team member and you'd never know it talking to him.

Bummer
Germantown? Isn't that the "nice" (relatively speaking since it is Memphis) suburb? Why would they need a SWAT team?
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by aTm » Thu May 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Maybe they have a problem with armed criminals robbing bed, bath, and beyond's, best buy's, and williams sonoma stores in Memphis.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu May 19, 2011 6:51 pm

yea I don't know why Germantown needs a swat team. I know he was proud of being one though

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu May 19, 2011 7:07 pm

Sorry to hear that man.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Sat May 21, 2011 1:21 am

if it makes you feel any better, when you get to be our age, going out in a motorcycle crash probably isn't a bad way to hit the road (no pun intended)

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon May 23, 2011 12:33 pm

went with the scouts canoeing this weekend.

I have some stories about being dumped into 45 degree lakewater however my real issue turns out that I had a group of them that annoy the shit out of me, but being the Fox News of Scoutmasters, I wanted to give them a fair chance so I took them out and showed them poison ivy and had a discussion with them about how to avoid it, etc.

20 minutes later they were running around in shorts and bare feet in the exact spot where I pointed it out to them.

Once again I told them to look out for poison ivy

Next day, same thing so I said fuck it, they'll need to learn one way or another.

Turns out a couple of them are covered in it today , one of which was my "canoe buddy" meaning that I needed to look out for during the weekend.

I just wondered if I did enough or should I have stayed on these guys. I kinda feel bad - they're 12 years old, I probably should just treat them all like retards.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Mon May 23, 2011 2:14 pm

12 year old males are by definition retards.
Let 'er Blow!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon May 23, 2011 2:47 pm

For some reason, my audio crapped out. I've just got speakers plugged into the back of the machine, never had any issues, but now I get nothing, from any source. Help...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon May 23, 2011 2:48 pm

do your speakers have a headphone jack built in?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon May 23, 2011 2:52 pm

double click on your speaker icon in the lower right corner of the screen to make sure that its not muted or the volume is so low you can't hear it.

if that isn't the issue, then unplug your speakers and try plugging in some headphones in the speaker jack

if you can't hear anything from the headphones then its probably a driver or your sound card. If you do hear something from your headphones, then your speakers have crapped out.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon May 23, 2011 3:32 pm

Can't hear anything from the headphones. I went to the audio in the control panel and tried to play a couple of the standard Windows sounds and a box came up that said "cannot play the sound (whatever). You sound card may be in use." When I opened iTunes, before it even opened a dialog box come up and said it had detected some hardware problem. So what do I do now? Can I download a driver (whatever that is) and try to run it?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon May 23, 2011 3:33 pm

It's showing my default sound playback device as "Modem # 0 Line Playback". That doesn't seem right...

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Mon May 23, 2011 3:43 pm

Reboot.

If that doesn't work, then STFU.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.