Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: MIT Engineers

Post by BigRedMan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:14 am

Sum it up - Only way you could unlock all the characters was to either pay more money to do it faster or play it forever. Oh and every time you played you could only earn so many credits than had a cool down period, unless you wanted to pay more money. Yeah, EA tried to pull a fast one and everyone has told them to go fuck themselves.

So much that is has had an impact on their stock price and forecasting on Wall Street.

Basically what Ecat's statement said is this "Okay you whiney bitches we hear you. So we are going to turn it off till Jan 1 so that way everyone still gets this for Xmas and then by then you will have opened it and started playing it so you can't return it and then we will turn the microtransactions back on and then you can all continue to piss off."
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:50 am

hedge wrote:When I first glanced at Rat's post, I thought he said gay parade...
Your penis tingled didnt it.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:55 am

Yeah. Why didnt he just pile drive dad off the tractor? Or would it automatically gone in forward.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:42 am

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:27 am

so far my Xmas shopping consists of me looking online and finding cool shit for me. I haven't bought a thing for the kids or my wife.

I'm thinking gift cards this year.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:13 am

Gift cards and cash. One day Christmas shopping. Giving my wife a new kitchen for the double wide.
Let 'er Blow!

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:51 am

I have to visit relatives in Texas for Xmas this year, and I'm so bummed about it I'm not even putting up lights or a tree. I have one of those projector things that shoots snowflakes on your house. I may dig that out and plug it in.

This is my daughters last Xmas at home before college, and while she'll be here for the foreseeable future during the holidays, I've decided this is my last Thanksgiving and Xmas on the road. I've been traveling for both of those holidays with the exception of 2, for at least the last 30 years. I'll visit the weekend before or after but no more holidays on the road.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:06 am

10ac wrote:Gift cards and cash. One day Christmas shopping. Giving my wife a new kitchen for the double wide.
So you're getting your wife a toaster for Christmas. Nice...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:07 pm

She deserves it.
Let 'er Blow!

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:40 pm

eCat wrote:I have to visit relatives in Texas for Xmas this year, and I'm so bummed about it I'm not even putting up lights or a tree. I have one of those projector things that shoots snowflakes on your house. I may dig that out and plug it in.

This is my daughters last Xmas at home before college, and while she'll be here for the foreseeable future during the holidays, I've decided this is my last Thanksgiving and Xmas on the road. I've been traveling for both of those holidays with the exception of 2, for at least the last 30 years. I'll visit the weekend before or after but no more holidays on the road.

What about Easter? Fourth of July? Labor Day?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:37 am

Saint wrote:
eCat wrote:I have to visit relatives in Texas for Xmas this year, and I'm so bummed about it I'm not even putting up lights or a tree. I have one of those projector things that shoots snowflakes on your house. I may dig that out and plug it in.

What about Easter? Fourth of July? Labor Day?

I used to vacation on Labor Day weekend because there were no crowds at the touristy places but we now do plan something mid-October without kids. Never had any reason or desire to travel the other holidays. For the past 2 years we have rented a cabin over Presidents day weekend. For whatever reason its crazy busy in the Smokies so I always say I'll never do it again but then the fambly talks me into it.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:19 am

By far the most visited national park.
Let 'er Blow!

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:43 am

yea, I dont' get the appeal of it in February but its still freakin busy that weekend

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:50 pm

We may not have talked about this in here (or if we did, I didn't pay attention), but what's the deal with bit coin? It's like somebody just created this thing and now it's gone from like $50 to $10,000 in 3 years. WTF? And they talk about "mining" the coins with some kind of computer program. I don't get it. I saw a youtube video the other day where the guy was saying bit coin is a trojan horse so that some artificial intelligence being (who he claims created bit coin in the first place) can get "block chain" (I guess that's the program or technology that creates/mines/whatever the bit coin) onto as many computers as possible and then take over the whole system. Sounds like Sky Net to me...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:56 pm

honestly I've tried to understand it as well.

I've read that a huge amount of electricity is being used around the globe for bitmining.

The only thing that interests me is that is a digital form of payment, but when I tried to use it, you have to find someone willing to sell you the "coins" for cash and its kind of an open market on currency exchange, add on fees, etc. Then you have to keep them in a digital vault.

I even tried to read a "dummies guide" to cryptocurrency and I still didn't get much from it. It was one of those moments where I realized I was getting old and easily confused with modern technology. That's only a few degrees from AAAAIIIIIIEEEEEEEE IRON BIRD!

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:01 pm

hedge wrote:We may not have talked about this in here (or if we did, I didn't pay attention), but what's the deal with bit coin? It's like somebody just created this thing and now it's gone from like $50 to $10,000 in 3 years. WTF? And they talk about "mining" the coins with some kind of computer program. I don't get it. I saw a youtube video the other day where the guy was saying bit coin is a trojan horse so that some artificial intelligence being (who he claims created bit coin in the first place) can get "block chain" (I guess that's the program or technology that creates/mines/whatever the bit coin) onto as many computers as possible and then take over the whole system. Sounds like Sky Net to me...
Its all true. I recommend you start bringing up this discussion as well, with as many people as possible.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:19 pm

What’s a bit coin?
Let 'er Blow!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:27 pm

He also said bit coin was going to bring down government controlled fiat currency. Said there was a big fight brewing over that...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:35 pm

you used to hear stories about people throwing away computers with hard drives on them and people would mine them for bitcoins and find them.

I got the impression that you can create these bitcoins out of thin air if you follow a mathematical algorithm and I could never make the connection to them being then a valid form of currency used against the dollar.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:38 pm

I guess if enough people agree that it has value, then it just does. Kinda like the dollar...