Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by aTm » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:29 am

I'm guessing he means he found his alcoholic friend dead on the shitter. HTH.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:06 am

died shitting on the toilet I'm guessing
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:13 am

Yep. ODd right on the shitter

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:16 am

I associate that more with Lenny Bruce than Elvis for some reason. On another note, I used to have a t-shirt that purportedly was a prescription made out to Elvis by his pal Dr. Nick, dated a few days before he died. If it's real, it's no wonder he died....
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:21 am

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:04 pm

uppers downers all arounders

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:58 pm

government mandated ethanol production is raising prices on corn and creating many problems in the corn belt of America

http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopher ... l-culprit/
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:09 pm

Yeah, it's been very good for my business, but pretty shitty in general. Oh well, I'm not above profiting on environmental rapage...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:21 am

Officials at one one of the nation's oldest and most elite historically black colleges are citing the Affordable Care Act (ACA) as the reason they have cancelled a school-wide affordable health care plan they had offered students.

The official website for Bowie State, a Maryland public school less than an hour's drive from Washington D.C., explains that Obamacare's new regulations would force the cost of the insurance to rise from $50 to $900 a semester.

"The cost of insurance for domestic students will increase to approximately $1800 per year." Tweet This

"Bowie State University has suspended offering health insurance for domestic students for the 2013-2014 academic year," states the school's official website. "Due to new requirements of the Affordable Care Act which will go into effect on January 1, 2014, the cost of insurance for domestic students will increase to approximately $1800 per year."

That works out to approximately $900 per semester. The student health insurance plan had cost students $50 per semester for the 2012-13 school year, according to a cached page of the university's description of the plan. The original link to the description has been deleted.

According to an article in The Bulldog Collegian, Bowie State's official student newspaper, the Director of the Bowie State University Wellness Center said that the university decided it would not be worth it to provide student health insurance at all given how expensive it would be to do so under the new regulations.

The student's article, published Nov. 10, had slightly different numbers than the school website's. It states that the student health plan used to cost $54/semester, not $50, and that the new insurance costs would amount to $1,900 per year, not $1,800.
- See more at: http://campusreform.org/?ID=5235#sthash.mgVtNDJQ.dpuf

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:08 am

Wait, I thought if we liked our plan, we could keep it?
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:58 am

Your plan is not real!
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:43 pm

extending existing policies for 1 year is just more chaos to me and puts an undue burden on the insurance companies as well as potentially making them the bad guys because they profit heavily from the more comprehensive insurance for healthy people - and counted on those people to pay the higher premiums to shore up the cost of the chronically ill.

What I would have done if i were Obama is to implement a plan where in the first year the government pays 85% of the delta between the old insurance cost and the new one, 60% the following year, 45% in the 3rd and20% in the fourth, giving people the ability to adjust to the insurance cost while still seeing and realizing that their premiums are going to go up (probably to the tune of about 25% each year on the whole when it all shakes out) and by year 5 you've migrated these people over to full blown health care with as little pain as possible.

Does nothing for me but for the people like Hedge, its a manageable transition into Obamacare they can stomach and will probably appreciate given they'll likely have one major sickness in the next 4 years.

Yes, that is going to cost a shitload of money but since the government is handing out subsidies left and right, its probably just a drop in the bucket to the overall cost.

At this point , anything that puts further burden on insurance companies is just a stepping stone to single payer coverage.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:09 pm

Obama tells his cabinet "do whats right and I'll handle the political fallout " which results in him distancing himself from his cabinet and them making some bad decision.

Long but good read

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... Page2.html

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:24 pm

"Does nothing for me but for the people like Hedge, its a manageable transition into Obamacare they can stomach"

I will manage it by getting a pay increase that amounts to the difference of what I was paying before and whatever I have to end up paying, but everybody can't do that...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:36 pm

basically the last 7 years for me have been only slightly more pay than the cost of my overall healthcare package increases (medical, dental, vision). I've maybe come out ahead $120 a month in total.

This year the cost is only $12 a more a month but I've gone from an HMO to an HSA plan where I have to front $3K in deductible. I won't know if I get a pay increase or not until mid January.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:41 pm

Not so fast! Looks like I'll get to keep my shitty insurance for another year! Now I'll only have to pay $175/month for nothing rather than $410!

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:42 pm

thats assuming your insurance company determines its viable to still offer that policy though

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:27 pm

EFZ. Are the ones that have had their policies canceled going to get them back?
Let 'er Blow!

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:56 pm

BigRedMan wrote:Wait, I thought if we liked our plan, we could keep it?
Your plan was substandard because it wouldn't put a bear trap at the entrance to the Golden Corral.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:31 pm

10ac wrote:EFZ. Are the ones that have had their policies canceled going to get them back?
Two guys I grew up with in Massachusetts just had their health insurance policies cancelled. They have to get on the ACA site and buy something they don't want.

They are both temps working for "cash" at State Street Bank. They like contractor cash and contractor freedom (take unpaid-vacations whenever they want and work for cash.) They don't like being forced to show up to work as employees 50 weeks a year with just weeks vacation. I don't blame them. They didn't want to get their previous health insurance plans because they never went to the doctor. But they were MANDATED by Romneycare to get something. So they both got high-deductable health insurance plans (one had a deductable of $15,000 a year!) and their monthly premiums were under $100 each. Which was fine with these guys since they never went to the doctor and never put in claims. So what they had was the $1100/yr Massachusetts Romneycare tax.

No more. What was acceptable under Romneycare in Massachusetts is NOT acceptable with Obamacare/ACA. They high deductable/very-low-premiums do not put enough MONEY into the risk pool to bring the prices low enough for people who are older or with pre-existing conditions to sign up with their insurance companies. Of course they couldn't keep their Romneycare plans with Obamacare. So they lost their policies and each had to get one (something they will not use) that was over $500/month. Got to make sure that Life-of-Julia/Sandra Fluke is "subsidized" for her fucking birth control pills and freebie abortions. Sandra can't get insurance companies to pay for those when men find insurance policies where they compete on price.

Lets call the ACA what it really is...

ACA = Younger Male Bachelor Tax

Just another way our elderly\feminist society can extract more wealth from men so women and old people can get more subsidized resources.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.