Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:46 pm

It's a sad state of affairs when hedge degraded himself to the status of "Champion of the Fungi" when a discussion gun control turned metaphorical.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:52 pm

Cletus wrote:So, these people feel unsafe because of the potential for gun violence and your solution is more guns. This is insane. The only sensible way forward is to immediately begin phasing out guns. Set aside $200B per year and start a guy buyback program. And then begin to phase in laws that make obtaining guns progressively more difficult. Over time, there will be a lot fewer guns and a lot less gun violence. It won't be perfect but it will be a lot better than the fucked up situation we have now.
We tried something like that back in the 20's, when the federal government tried to ban a product that most Americans wanted. A LOT. As in...

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/27/news/co ... index.html

Prohibition didn't work out quite the way its utopian simpleton naif supporters at the time thought it would, did it? But if you liked Prohibition, you'll LOVE gun grabbing. Let me know how that works out for ya.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Cletus » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:05 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
hedge wrote:Your understanding of evolution is obviously very limited...
Incorrect. Evolution favors creatures with fangs and claws and stingers for one simple reason: they are equipped to survive in a cruel world long enough to reproduce, and their progeny are similarly equipped to do the same.

Evolution does not favor creatures that are inherently weak, have no claws or fangs or teeth to defend themselves in a cruel world. Creatures like that are usually eaten by animals with strength, claws, fangs and teeth. And their progeny - if any - are usually for dessert.
It figures that you would have a third grade understanding of evolution.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Somebody who just expressed his belief that the government should just do a Prohibition 2.0, except this time banning guns instead of alcohol, firmly convinced Prohibition 2.0 will have an outcome the opposite of Prohibition 1.0, and will instead yield a utopian result instead of carnage, is in no position to question anybody else's intelligence.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:11 pm

Fungi are sentient...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:27 am

Fear the fungi!

Besides, I just underhand tossed you a slow hanging curve ball, ready for you to knock out of the park, and you wiffed it. I just made a comparison of banning guns today to banning alcohol in the ‘20’s, and the illogical stupidity of both. I was sure you would jump in with a similar (and compelling) argument against the “war on drugs.” When you’re not busy defending the honor and dignity of fungi, you’re usually all over that.
hedge wrote: I wish someone would knock you out of the park.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:01 am

On a different note, an illegal immigrant, previously deported multiple times, who shot a young woman to death in San Francisco, right in front of her father, has been found not guilty by a California jury.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/01/us/kate-s ... index.html

In keeping with modern precedent, does this mean that large groups of white people are now allowed to start looting and burning down our own neighborhoods, and get sympathy from the press by doing so?

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:26 am

Professor Tiger wrote:On a different note, an illegal immigrant, previously deported multiple times, who shot a young woman to death in San Francisco, right in front of her father, has been found not guilty by a California jury.

In keeping with modern precedent, does this mean that large groups of white people are now allowed to start looting and burning down our own neighborhoods, and get sympathy from the press by doing so?
No. We have nice shit and I am not burning my own shit.

We are white. We get ZERO sympathy but if we say anything, we racist.

And they question how Trump won.........
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:27 am

and if you thought the man in the video I posted was full of shit about what is happening at Universities...

SAN MARCOS, Calif. — A “Whiteness Forum” at Cal State San Marcos on Tuesday prominently displayed 14 poster boards detailing different ways in which students say whiteness in America oppresses people of color and society.

For 15 years and “going strong,” this annual forum has taken place as a part of Professor Dreama Moon’s “Communication of Whiteness” course, the scholar said as she kicked off the two-hour event inside a large multipurpose room.

A banner hung at the front of the room indicated the “Whiteness Forum” is about “reflecting on white privilege and racism.”

As part of the class, the students teamed up to create 14 different poster boards that aimed to illustrate different ways whiteness is allegedly oppressive.

Among the topics students broached: mental health services favor whites, media coverage is biased against people of color, Hollywood stereotyping, racism in the military, and real estate practices that favor whites, according to their projects.

------------------------------

The student newspaper at Evergreen State College has a section in its opinion pages described as “for people of color by people of color.”

“This should be a place where we can be us without it being overshadowed by the dark cloud that is living under white supremacy and having to see things from a white perspective. This is why when we do cover these issues it will be in the context and from the perspective of POC and POC only,” according to the section’s editors as they reintroduced it to readers in September.

The anonymous column, known as “POC Talk,” debuted in the bi-weekly Cooper Point Journal last year and returned this fall to the newspaper’s pages following racial unrest that erupted at the public university this past spring.

“Dear White people, please take a step back, this isn’t brown-people-answer-white-people’s-questions-hour, we’re asking specifically for submissions from POC,” the section’s editors added in their September intro. “As being told no seems to be a difficult concept for some of y’all I await your emails about the Irish, how the term white fragility is mean (great example of white fragility) and how we need to view people through a color-blind lens (just lol). You will 100% not get a response!!!”

-------------------------------

A Texas State University student is standing behind his recent controversial op-ed published in the campus newspaper that argues “white death will mean liberation for all.”

Student Rudy Martinez has come under fire for his Nov. 28 column in The University Star titled “Your DNA is an abomination.” The editor in chief of the campus newspaper has even issued an apology over its publication.

But Martinez, in an interview Wednesday with The College Fix, doubled down on his arguments.

“The article speaks for itself,” he told The College Fix via email. “… Though my language, especially when I claim to have only ever met ‘12 decent white people,’ could be deemed as hyperbolic (just barely), it has accomplished its goal: starting a conversation and outing racists.”

“… Was the piece racist? Nope; racist attitudes come from a position of power,” Martinez added in his email. “The only group who have ever held true power in this nation are those who call themselves ‘white.’”
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:55 am

Professor Tiger wrote:
Cletus wrote:So, these people feel unsafe because of the potential for gun violence and your solution is more guns. This is insane. The only sensible way forward is to immediately begin phasing out guns. Set aside $200B per year and start a guy buyback program. And then begin to phase in laws that make obtaining guns progressively more difficult. Over time, there will be a lot fewer guns and a lot less gun violence. It won't be perfect but it will be a lot better than the fucked up situation we have now.
We tried something like that back in the 20's, when the federal government tried to ban a product that most Americans wanted. A LOT. As in...

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/27/news/co ... index.html

Prohibition didn't work out quite the way its utopian simpleton naif supporters at the time thought it would, did it? But if you liked Prohibition, you'll LOVE gun grabbing. Let me know how that works out for ya.
I think it is possible for one to make the distinction between 1920s style prohibition and the proposal I make to reduce the number of guns.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Saint » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:37 am

While I think there are waaaay too many guns in America today and the reason for it has less to do with the Bill of Rights than just blatant greed, I don't support a weapons ban. I like having as one of my options the potential to go on a killing spree. Between net neutrality and the tax bill, I feel good that it's eventually going to happen.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:44 am

don't kid yourself, you are more of a fertilizer truck bomb guy than a gun spree guy
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:03 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:On a different note, an illegal immigrant, previously deported multiple times, who shot a young woman to death in San Francisco, right in front of her father, has been found not guilty by a California jury.

I wonder if it was a white guy like, say you, had fired the gun if charges would have even been brought? I suspect not. If you believe in the principle of innocent until proven guilty and reasonable doubt, it sounds like the jury's decision is defensible.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:11 pm

That said, not getting convicted on involuntary manslaughter seems a bit much. Of course, I wasn't on the jury so there is a chance there are things I don't know about this case.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:19 pm

the reality is that verdict, whether just or not, is valuable to the Trump agenda

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Saint wrote:While I think there are waaaay too many guns in America today and the reason for it has less to do with the Bill of Rights than just blatant greed, I don't support a weapons ban. I like having as one of my options the potential to go on a killing spree. Between net neutrality and the tax bill, I feel good that it's eventually going to happen.
I agree that an instant and outright ban would never work. But I do think a careful long-term plan to get guns out of circulation and change the gun culture that will reduce future demand for guns can work.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:26 pm

reddit is doing its part on Net Neutrality

[img2][/img2]

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:40 pm

Img 2, please
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:47 pm

[youtube]RRSxw2KKYVE[/youtube]

Everybody loves a good irony. Enjoy.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:23 pm

Cletus wrote:I agree that an instant and outright ban would never work. But I do think a careful long-term plan to get guns out of circulation and change the gun culture that will reduce future demand for guns can work.
That go slow approach to gun confiscation would just make the resulting revolution go slow too. You aren't intelligent or educated enough to figure it out, so I will explain to you what is really going on, and how the world really works: your dream of gun confiscation, fast or slow, if set in motion, would just set off another wave of gun and ammo purchases and NRA memberships that the world has never seen. The gun counters at Cabelas and Bass Pro Shop and Gander Mountain would look like the shelves of grocery stores in Venezuela. It would dwarf the previous Golden Age of gun sales we already enjoyed under Obama, and leading up to the supposed election of Hillary. Every night, before they go to bed, when the CEO's of Browning, Remington, Smith and Wesson, Glock, etc. are saying their prayers, they thank the good Lord for Democrats like you who dream aloud about gun confiscation, fast or slow. You are making them billionaires, ensuring giant profits for their companies, and making America more heavily armed every day. Keep up the good work!

In other news, Jerry Brown released a statement on the Kate Steinle murder acquital. If your Spanish is a little rusty, just copy and paste it into google translate Spanish to English.
¡Buen día! Soy Jerry Brown, el Gobernador de California. Conmigo está Edwin Lee, el alcalde de San Francisco.

En nombre de nuestro gran estado y ciudad, deseamos dar la bienvenida a todos en el mundo para que vengan aquí y asesinen a nuestros ciudadanos. Si desea ingresar a California y San Francisco en violación de la ley de inmigración estadounidense, le daremos la bienvenida con los brazos abiertos. Ignoraremos nuestras propias leyes y nos opondremos activamente a que nuestras propias agencias encargadas de hacer cumplir la ley hagan su trabajo, para que se quede y eventualmente vote por nosotros, los demócratas.

Incluso si robas un arma, y ​​te acercas a un ciudadano de los Estados Unidos, y te sacas los sesos delante de su padre, en el medio de una importante zona turística, estamos perfectamente de acuerdo con eso. Si nuestra policía lo arresta, nos aseguraremos de que se vaya, libre como un pájaro. Si alguien te defrauda injustamente, te daremos la bienvenida para que regreses y asesinen a otro ciudadano estadounidense. Nos importan una mierda nuestros ciudadanos. Solo nos preocupamos por ti, la comunidad de extranjeros ilegales.

Recuerde que cuando vote algún día pronto.

Hasta luego, amigo.

El gobernador Jerry Brown y el alcalde Lee
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.