Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:57 am

hedge, how many ki's are you moving from Ecuador?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pm

None, but I did buy a pack of coca leaves and also some yerba mate tea with coca leaves...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:30 pm

Last edited by 10ac on Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let 'er Blow!

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:31 pm

hedge wrote:What is slingbox?

A device that allows you to watch and control your own TV on a mobile device from wherever you are.
Let 'er Blow!

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:29 pm

I find this fascinating. Too bad only crackers like me come here now to talk about it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/06/hi ... -role.html
Social justice activists at a New York high school successfully shut down a production of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" after a white student landed a lead role.

Protests of the production began when an African-American student quit Ithaca High School's musical production due to the role of Esmeralda being given to a white classmate.

"It shows you that theater wasn't made for you," the student told the Ithaca Journal. "And it shows you that, if you can't get the parts that are written for you, what parts are you going to get?"

Student activists then banded together under the umbrella of Students United Ithaca and wrote a letter that included a list of demands, saying that, while the young lady cast as Esmeralda was "a stellar actor, singer, and dancer" any production would be "lucky to have," she couldn't be cast in this role because she is the "epitome of whiteness."
So basically, what Im gathering is going on here, is that Disney (which of course is the only version a group of high school kids have any familiarity with) shaded Esmeralda's skin tone and so therefore whitey should never play her again? Also, I'm not exactly gonna put it past Disney for being kinda racist themselves that they made the streetwise, whore girl kind of a darker person in the first place...
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:34 pm

There's a Disney version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame?
Let 'er Blow!

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:38 pm

Yes
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:15 pm

"Notre Dame?" That sounds... vaguely... dangerously... RELIGIOUS. Therefore the SJW manual says to shut it down at all costs.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:10 am

10ac wrote:I have spent some time in Chile and would have gone nuts if not for Slingbox.

Chilean women take a back seat to no one, and you want to watch TV?
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:37 pm

Yeah, I was going to say it doesn't sound like you really visited Chile if you couldn't have avoided "going nuts" without instant access to Keeping Up With the Khardashians...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:12 pm

I was down there three weeks at a time. I'm not as "spry" as I once was.
Let 'er Blow!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:34 pm

They’ve got little blue pills for that. Or so I’ve heard.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:32 am

Thank you GOP and Democrats for passing a budget that blows up the deficit.

This is perhaps the biggest issue I have with the GOP

I don't think they even claim they are small government.

Everyone wants a large government, they just want their version of a large government.

We did not need to massively increase military spending.

Sen. Rand Paul on the new senate spending bill: "If you were against President Obama's deficits, and now you're for the Republican deficits, isn't that the very definition of hypocrisy?"
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:16 pm

^AMEN.

Fiscal hypocrisy is one of the biggest reasons I am also disgusted with the GOP Establishment. It's also one of the biggest reasons I voted Libertarian the last two POTUS elections.

All the other threats to the survival of the US are hypothetical. The NORKS MIGHT launch an ICBM at us. Russia MIGHT do the same. Soon, Iran MIGHT do the same. Terrorists MIGHT do the same. The Chinese MIGHT dump all their T-bills and destroy our economy. The Left MIGHT become so dominant that they abolish the Constitution and turn us into Venezuela. All these are MIGHT's.

But our current fiscal trajectory WILL economically destroy the US. It's not a "MIGHT." It's a "WILL." In fact, it is a mathematical certainty. The only question is when. Neither party seems to care, but only one party pretends to care, yet never does anything to act on their pretense. This is to their everlasting disgrace.

Ron Paul cares, and God bless him. Peace Be Upon Him First Class.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:04 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:^AMEN.

Fiscal hypocrisy is one of the biggest reasons I am also disgusted with the GOP Establishment. It's also one of the biggest reasons I voted Libertarian the last two POTUS elections.
If you smarten up a little bit (doubtful but not completely out of the question) you will realize that small government talk is just a distraction for the rubes. Both parties have been big spenders since WW2. Hell even though our system is inherently broken and unstable we were more or less doing okay until the 70's (for white folks at least) when the billionaires got greedy and the GOP invented supply side economics.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:50 pm

Tree wrote:If you smarten up a little bit (doubtful but not completely out of the question) you will realize that small government talk is just a distraction for the rubes. Both parties have been big spenders since WW2. Hell even though our system is inherently broken and unstable we were more or less doing okay until the 70's (for white folks at least) when the billionaires got greedy and the GOP invented supply side economics.
Tree, every time you post, the following automatically pops up on my screen and starts playing. Weird.,.

[youtube]JyyUjyOIITk[/youtube]

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:43 pm

That's funny because the Soviet Union had the same rule and exploitation by the 1% as any other society. Shouldn't that be what pops on my screen when you post?
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:24 pm

Nah. It's more the sense of intellectual superiority that makes the Госуда́рственный гимн Росси́йской Федера́ции pop up on my screen and speakers when you post.

I'm still trying to fix that...

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:29 pm

I was just kidding, dude. I think we all know you have a closeup of Sean Hannity's asshole that pops up on your screen anytime anyone posts...

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:33 am

fwiw, Trump should declassify the Democratic memo as well as the transcript of McCabe's testimony
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.