Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:19 pm

My fast forward page

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by bluetick » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:31 pm

eCat wrote:by today's definition , everyone is racist.then maybe

and because of that, it means very little.
Seriously? "if everyone is racist, then no one is racist." Hey I've seen that meme, too. Good one.

Definition of racism/Merriam Webster

1 :a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 a :a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles b :a political or social system founded on racism
3 :racial prejudice or discrimination

There it is - today's definition. If everyone you know holds those beliefs, then maybe you need to get out more often, and in a broader radius.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:39 pm

bluetick wrote:
eCat wrote:by today's definition , everyone is racist.then maybe

and because of that, it means very little.
Seriously? "if everyone is racist, then no one is racist." Hey I've seen that meme, too. Good one.

Definition of racism/Merriam Webster

1 :a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 a :a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles b :a political or social system founded on racism

There it is - today's definition. If everyone you know holds those beliefs, then maybe you need to get out more often, and in a broader radius.

yea, probably - now go fuck yourself
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:48 pm

Eat shit and die, fuckface. Oh, and

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/45 ... epublicans

Northram beats Gillespie in VA, Murphy wins in NJ. Trump Effect in full swing.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:54 pm

bluetick wrote:Eat shit and die, fuckface. Oh, and

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/45 ... epublicans

Northram beats Gillespie in VA, Murphy wins in NJ. Trump Effect in full swing.
no one cares

if only you were actually capable of absorbing that thought on a board you continually spam.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:00 pm

I like how politics shit is now identical to sports sass. The fact that people actually root for anonymous Team Blue and Team Red cocksuckers is sickening.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:22 pm

aTm wrote:I like how politics shit is now identical to sports sass. The fact that people actually root for anonymous Team Blue and Team Red cocksuckers is sickening.
Partisanship is so uncool. Says the guy with the partisan moniker. heh

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:13 am

It is kinda funny, though, that people like Prof, who say that 95% of Americans aren't racist, probably think that of the 5% that are racist, they're mostly BLM type of people. They have no problem detecting black racism while simultaneously being incapable of seeing white racism. FWIW, I fully recognize that plenty of black, brown, yellow, whatever color people are just as racist as white racists, which is one of the main reason I said there's no way that 95% of people in general aren't racist. But again, thanks to liberal efforts and policies, I think that it's a much milder form than in the past, or at least the outward signs of it. Doubt it will ever be eradicated entirely, but if it's reduced to the occasional slur or thought, I think that's progress...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:32 am

It's probably true that 95% of people aren't more racist than Prof.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:36 am

The problem with identifying racism in this country is that whites have to bear the burden of being cast as the elite - the 10% of society who can look forward to an independent retirement without concerns of social security, live in a gated secure community, vacation yearly in remote places, their kids are in private schools and will get into highly selective colleges - and generally live an existence where they don't have to interact with the masses.

A white family making $85K a year are looked at in the same light as those people, without any of the benefits the before mentioned lifestyle brings. They'll forever have to compete against a system stacked against them in regards to affirmative action, quotas for college and means based welfare and assistance - they are the void in society - and if they point this out then the standard refrain is "at least you didn't have to grow up as a minority impoverished in a racist society". The trump card that shut them up for generations.

And quite frankly they are tired of it. The cries of racism holding people back is falling on deaf ears when people look around and see that African Americans and Latinos have had the same opportunities as them for decades. There is a shelf life to this excuse and its past its expiration date.

There are way too many whites that are poor, and there are way too many whites that were poor but worked hard, sacrificed and pulled themselves out of that life to become middle or upper class, maybe even some are considered wealthy - and at the same time there are many, many examples of minorities who followed the same path and see themselves living the same neighborhoods, going to the same schools, attending the same churches as their white counterparts.

I am unconcerned as to the why, I am unconcerned as to the who, but we can't have a country where 92% of African Americans voted for Barak Obama , then demonize the whites who vote for Trump and expect any movement in us living in a color blind world.

56 years after Affirmative Action, 54 years after MLK's I have a Dream Speech, 53 years after the Civil rights act, African Americans voted for a president that they felt was going to promote their interest as a race - not the content of their character, but the color of their skin. Now I'm not saying John McCain was a legitimate choice, nor was Mitt Romney, but I won't accept there was any other expectation on their part other than electing Obama was going to improve the lives of a specific race, and no concern for it extending to all Americans.

Simply said, where the Obama election failed in the years following 2008 was that it wasn't about equality, it was about promoting a race - at least in the eyes of the African Americans voting for Obama. And it was eye opening for many of the whites that voted for him.

Van Jones was succint during the moments after Trumps victory was confirmed in his statement that Trumps election was "whitelash"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:59 am

eCat wrote:A white family making $85K a year are looked at in the same light as those people, without any of the benefits the before mentioned lifestyle brings. They'll forever have to compete against a system stacked against them in regards to affirmative action, quotas for college and means based welfare and assistance - they are the void in society - and if they point this out then the standard refrain is "at least you didn't have to grow up as a minority impoverished in a racist society". The trump card that shut them up for generations.
Myth 5: A large percentage of White workers will lose out if affirmative action is continued.

Government statistics do not support this myth. According to the U.S. Commerce Department, there are 2.6 million unemployed Black civilians and 114 million employed White civilians (U.S. Bureau of the Census, 2011). Thus, even if every unemployed Black worker in the United States were to displace a White worker, only 2% of Whites would be affected. Furthermore, affirmative action pertains only to job-qualified applicants, so the actual percentage of affected Whites would be even smaller. The main sources of job loss among White workers have to do with factory relocations and labor contracting outside the United States, computerization and automation, and corporate downsizing (Ivins, 1995)

And quite frankly they are tired of it. The cries of racism holding people back is falling on deaf ears when people look around and see that African Americans and Latinos have had the same opportunities as them for decades. There is a shelf life to this excuse and its past its expiration date.
Myth 3: Affirmative action may have been necessary 30 years ago, but the playing field is fairly level today.

Despite the progress that has been made, the playing field is far from level. Women continue to earn 77 cents for every male dollar (U.S. Bureau of the Census, 2010). Black people continue to have twice the unemployment rate of White people, twice the rate of infant mortality, and just over half the proportion of people who attend four years or more of college (see Figure 1). In fact, without affirmative action the percentage of Black students at many selective schools would drop to only 2% of the student body (Bowen & Bok, 1998). This would effectively choke off Black access to top universities and severely restrict progress toward racial equality

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no doubt that 'whitelash' is a real thing after 8 years of Obama. I absolutely recognize that pov, I hear it around my town all the time. It still doesn't change the fact that inner-city schools here are run-down and underfunded and lack things the white suburban schools have in abundance.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:27 pm

you're not capable of following a point.

throwing data at a rebuttal works if its on point.

it doesn't matter what affirmative action does, it matters that is exists in 2017. It matters that we have devices in place that focus on promoting the race of a citizen of the United States, yet we are expected to live in a world where racism doesn't exist...or I should clarify - where white racism only exists.

it doesn't matter that inner city schools are not as good as suburban schools. There are schools in Appalachia that are horrid, there are schools in rural Arkansas that are bad. There are always going to be schools that are better than others for a myriad of reasons.

The issue is - can a child attending this school get an education that can provide the foundation for climbing out of that poverty.

30 years ago those schools you are citing in your missing the point example were bad, 30 years from now they will still be bad. The problem is that somewhere along the lines in the white guilt liberal thinking there is a belief that this child is entitled to the same education "experience" as the children in upper class neighborhoods. This child should receive the same access to education that gets those kids into selective colleges. That's not a reality nor is it an obligation.

Its a generational, or multi-generational climb from that.

That child, if he/she dedicates themselves to getting an education among all the noise in their life, then they will have an opportunity to attend college. It probably won't be Harvard, however there are a ton of schools that are out there providing need blind acceptance opportunities. All it takes is for that kid to do the same thing that millions of kids across the United States are doing at the same time - hit the books, discipline themselves to study, take advantage of the opportunities provided them. And most importantly, stop making excuses or justifying their failure on their community or culture.

Every kid is going to face challenges - a parent with a terminal disease, divorce, drug abuse, depression - a parents obligation to that child is to do their best to create structure for them to promote a learning environment. To instill the importance of education. No one - regardless of where they are is going to get the same experience or opportunity to achieve. As some level its up to the child to meet the obligations of being a student. Some will have multiple challenges to overcome, some will have few - the government will not solve that - but as long as the opportunity exists for them to have a path to get the education necessary to move on to the next level, then there are no excuses as to what has held them back.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:42 pm

In fact, without affirmative action the percentage of Black students at many selective schools would drop to only 2% of the student body (Bowen & Bok, 1998). This would effectively choke off Black access to top universities and severely restrict progress toward racial equality
bumping the SAT score of an African American candidate 230 points to be considered comparable to a white candidate is about as far as equality as you can get. In fact I'd say it pretty much aligns with points 1 and 3 of your merriam webster definition

it would seem that in this case, Princeton believes that one race is inferior to another to the tune of 230 SAT points putting those in the 90th percentile in the same rating as those in the 99th in order to achieve a pre-determined racial mix.
discriminating against a group, in this case overachieving white students

I guess since its for a good cause, then that makes it a good thing. Its good racism.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:17 pm

eCat wrote:you're not capable of following a point.

throwing data at a rebuttal works if its on point.
LOL nice try
it doesn't matter what affirmative action does, it matters that is exists in 2017. It matters that we have devices in place that focus on promoting the race of a citizen of the United States, yet we are expected to live in a world where racism doesn't exist...or I should clarify - where white racism only exists.
"It doesn't matter what is does, it matters that it is." More of your existential bs. Even better than "we're all racists, therefore there are no racists." Where do you get your material? LOtR?
it doesn't matter that inner city schools are not as good as suburban schools. There are schools in Appalachia that are horrid, there are schools in rural Arkansas that are bad. There are always going to be schools that are better than others for a myriad of reasons. The issue is - can a child attending this school get an education that can provide the foundation for climbing out of that poverty.

30 years ago those schools you are citing in your missing the point example were bad, 30 years from now they will still be bad. The problem is that somewhere along the lines in the white guilt liberal thinking there is a belief that this child is entitled to the same education "experience" as the children in upper class neighborhoods. This child should receive the same access to education that gets those kids into selective colleges. That's not a reality nor is it an obligation.
Try to follow this logic - Knox Co. schools operate the inner-city schools as well as the suburban white schools. SAME school district for everyone means tax dollars are supposed to be divided evenly, but the money went disproportionately to the suburban schools for two dozen years. Lawsuits are pending, mea culpas have been made, new inner city schools are on the planning board. You better fucking believe the inner-city black kid is entitled to the same education as they'd get in a upper class neighborhood...I'd like to hear your rebuttal in a courtroom, counselor.
Its a generational, or multi-generational climb from that.
LOL You're a peach.

And from there you go on to even more banal musings that, while prolific, don't say anything. "Every kid is going to face challenges" - "some will have multiple challenges to overcome' blah blah. Reading your gasbag shite is the real challenge.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:22 pm

bluetick wrote:
Try to follow this logic - Knox Co. schools operate the inner-city schools as well as the suburban white schools. SAME school district for everyone means tax dollars are supposed to be divided evenly, but the money went disproportionately to the suburban schools for two dozen years. Lawsuits are pending, mea culpas have been made, new inner city schools are on the planning board. You better fucking believe the inner-city black kid is entitled to the same education as they'd get in a upper class neighborhood...I'd like to hear your rebuttal in a courtroom, counselor.
why, do their parents pay the same property tax?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:46 pm

Sadly, there were multiple feuds like this occurring every day in here not that long ago...

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:52 pm

If you scroll to the top it clearly says "Disrespection". Isn't that basically the same as sass, hedge?

Why are people so touchy over here?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:19 pm

he's a blueprint for Metzger.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:37 pm

bluetick wrote:If you scroll to the top it clearly says "Disrespection". Isn't that basically the same as sass, hedge?

Why are people so touchy over here?
My post wasn't a complaint, it was in nostalgia for the old days...

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:06 pm

I wasn't commenting on your post. You just happened by at the moment I wanted an opinion .. you being relatively thick-skinned and not prone to take yourself seriously and all.

Not gay.