College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by crashcourse » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:26 am

I first screwed my wife when she was 15 and I was 18

I didn't know until 6 mos later

I went to my grandsons junior high graduation

cleavage/high top boots/short dresses all for a bunch of 14 years olds that would have =passed for 20's in my day.

jerry lee lewis married a teenager

Im not defending moore the same way hedge keeps not defending franken

but the age of consent was teenagers for a lot of girls back in the day

bottom line is creepy yes/perverse yes

my son is in boulder screwing freshman and sophomore Colorado univ --he's 34

who knows what you guys's buddy in the phillipines is boning these day

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:32 am

hedge wrote:"The Democrat voters in Massachusetts apparently had no problem voting for a rapist of teenagers. "

"Studds defended his sexual involvement as a "consensual relationship with a young adult." Dean Hara, whom Studds married in 2004, said after Studds' death in 2006 that Studds had never been ashamed of the relationship. "This young man knew what he was doing," Hara said.[6] In testimony to investigators, the page described the relationship as consensual and not intimidating."

Not defending Studds, but it certainly doesn't sound like rape. Why did you lie, Prof?
Reading up on it...Studds had a sexual relationship with a 17 year old congressional subordinate. Teachers are regularly put in jail with sexual assault charges these days for similar otherwise consensual acts, so I certainly don't think it's clear that its not rape under current standards.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:36 am

"I would urge all of you so inclined to contact your Senator and tell them you are against dismantling net neutrality rules, today if possible."

I'm sure Roy Moore is well-versed in all aspects of internet legislation and technology in general. I have a great deal of confidence that he will do the right thing...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:40 am

"Reading up on it...Studds had a sexual relationship with a 17 year old congressional subordinate. Teachers are regularly put in jail with sexual assault charges these days for similar otherwise consensual acts, so I certainly don't think it's clear that its not rape under current standards."

Statutory rape perhaps, but the guy himself testified that it was consensual. Also, I know it's a double standard, and we talked about it in here before, but nobody is feeling sorry for the 17 year old football player who is boning the hot 23 year old teacher, and in fact are most likely envious, even if it is technically statutory rape...

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:46 am

What about the 17 year old cheerleader that's boning the football coach? How do people view that one?

This particular case would be more like the high school principal (Studds was also 46, not 23) having sex with the young gay kid. I think there would be a heaping dose of outrage, particularly depending on where the family and community is at regarding the homosexuality of a kid so young.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

crashcourse
Senior

Post by crashcourse » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:10 am

that brings up another point

you get these 14-15 year old students getting seduced by there teachers--often very attractive teachers

many in here whent the gig is up often lambast the kids for turning there teachers in--like having an older woman seduce you is a good thing.

I had a paper route when I was a kid--age 14--lost my virginity a lady with two kids on my paper route. never foirget--she used to doche with coke. went over her house late one nightr maybe a year or two later and she was banging my buddy and shut the door on me

I tell my friends that and they don't exactly criticize the older woman for seducing me

just saying lot of double standards

crashcourse
Senior

Post by crashcourse » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:10 am

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:24 am

"What about the 17 year old cheerleader that's boning the football coach? How do people view that one? "

Like I said, there's a double standard...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:26 am

I appreciated crash's detail of his MILF douching with coke. Didn't understand it, but I appreciated it...

crashcourse
Senior

Post by crashcourse » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:28 pm

birth control she told me

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:39 pm

Not defending Studds, but it certainly doesn't sound like rape. Why did you lie, Prof?....Statutory rape perhaps, but the guy himself testified that it was consensual.
What part of the word "rape," in the term "statutory rape" do you not understand?

Gerry Studds' case:
On July 14, 1983, the House Ethics Committee recommended that Rep. Dan Crane (R-IL) and Rep. Gerry Studds (D-MA) be reprimanded for having engaged in sexual relationships with minors, specifically 17-year-old congressional pages
Roy Moore's case:
Kelly Harrison Thorp says that Moore asked her out while she was working as a hostess at Red Lobster in 1982, when she was 17. Thorp said Moore asked her if she'd go out with him sometime. "I just kind of said, 'Do you know how old I am?'" she recalled. "And he said, 'Yeah. I go out with girls your age all the time.'"
In both cases, the objects of their amorous advances were 17 years of age. In Studds' case it was understandable, with extenuating circumstances, was no big deal, and was absolutely NOT an impediment to Studds being a congressman. But in Moore's case, it is inexcusable, horrific, and Moore shouldn't be allowed to be dog catcher.

Yes, hedge, it is a YUUUUUUGE double standard, and based purely on party affiliation, not on morality. I am amazed you recognize and admitted to that. Bravo.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:14 pm

On a related note here is a list of recent Hollywood and MSM-types that have been credibly accused of sexual harrassment and/or assault:

Al Franken (an actor at the time)
Louis CK - Comedian and Producer
Ed Westwick - Actor
David Guillod - Co-chief executive of Primary Wave Entertainment agency
Brett Ratner - Producer and director
Kirt Webster - Music publicist
Andy Dick (That's apparently his real name) - Actor
Michael Oreskes - Head of news at NPR and former New York Times editor
Hamilton Fish - President and publisher of The New Republic
Kevin Spacey - Actor
Ken Baker - E! News correspondent
Mark Halperin - NBC News and MSNBC contributor, author of "Game Change"
Rick Najera - Director of CBS's Diversity Showcase
Knight Landesman - Publisher of Artforum
Leon Wieseltier - former editor at The New Republic
Terry Richardson - fashion photographer
James Toback - drector and writer
John Besh - chief executive of the Besh Restaurant Group
Lockhart Steele - editorial director of Vox Media
Robert Scoble - tech blogger and co-founder of the Transformation Group
Chris Savino - creator and showrunner of “The Loud House”
Roy Price - head of Amazon Studios
Andy Signore - senior vice president of content for Defy Media
Harvey Weinstein - producer and co-founder of the Weinstein Company

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... stein.html

So, whenever some Hollywood or MSM -type appoints themselves as some sort of morality police, and tries to lecture the rest of us about how we must change our views about morality to conform with theirs, does this mean we are allowed to not only reject them as our moral betters, but instead deride them as being utterly FOS?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:22 pm

would I do it to a woman in that situation? no, not ever.

if I were a woman , would I feel the need to come forward with a sexual harassment allegation because Al Franken squeezed my butt in a photo-op?

no. to me , an allegation like this just diminishes the serious stuff that is going on.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:So, whenever some Hollywood or MSM -type appoints themselves as some sort of morality police, and tries to lecture the rest of us about how we must change our views about morality to conform with theirs, does this mean we are allowed to not only reject them as our moral betters, but instead deride them as being utterly FOS?
Prof meant to finish his media morals rant but he took a break to watch Hannity. I was willing to help... heh:

On Friday it was reported that Fox News host Eric Bolling was accused of sending unsolicited explicit pictures to three female colleagues. The women who received the messages allege they were sent from Bolling’s number

Fox News CEO Roger Ailes was forced to quit in July 2016, after allegations emerged that he had harassed female colleagues. In a lawsuit, former anchor Gretchen Carlson claimed she was sacked for refusing Ailes’s advances. Six other female Fox employees and former Fox host Megyn Kelly also alleged harassment by Ailes.

In an explosive report in April, the New York Times claimed that Fox News settled five sexual harassment and verbal abuse lawsuits against its top-rated host, Bill O’Reilly, since 2002. The payments totaled $13 million, according to the report (later amended to $32 million)

The co-president of Fox News , Bill Shine resigned on May 1 amid the fallout from the harassment allegations. Shine was accused in several lawsuits of failing to take action to stop sexual harassment at the company

In April, Fox News host Jesse Waters announced he was taking an unannounced vacation, after being accused of making lewd remarks about President Trump’s daughter, and White House adviser, Ivanka Trump

In July, Fox Business suspended presenter Charles Payne, after he was accused of sexual harassment by former network guest Scottie Nell Hughes
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:19 pm

I don't recall Bolling or O'Reilly or the others you listed giving speeches like these...

[youtube]2QUacU0I4yU[/youtube]

[youtube]VNXMOxBbt6g[/youtube]

[youtube]M7Is43K6lrg[/youtube]

[youtube]PpTd065vi60[/youtube]

Whenever Hollywood people and MSM people start giving speeches how our morals should be more like theirs, it always reminds me of this...

[youtube]qMHqxkRYt64[/youtube]

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:17 pm

So Sasheen Littlefeather should shut her piehole about Native American civil rights because of Harvey Weinstien?

Know your audience dude. Nobody here looks to Hollywood for advice on clean living (or anywhere else for that matter). And don't buy a reverse mortgage from Tom Selleck.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Don’t forget gold coins from William Devane, and urinary catheters from some cowboy...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:13 pm

I heard Sherrod Brown on the radio today pimpin a plan he had in place that I have to admit, I like

Its called the Patriotic Employers Tax Credit. I'm not sure he's the only one pushing it but he said that Trump liked it as was going to push for it until Mitch McConnell got him alone and talked him out of it.

Here is what I found on it- I'm sure its been thru a few variations. I think Brown's plan - at least what he said on the radio also included they wouldn't get the benefit of the reduced corporate tax rate.

The legislation provides tax credits to companies that invest in American workers instead of rewarding companies that ship jobs overseas.

Under the legislation, companies would receive a tax credit equal to 10% of the first $15,000 in qualified wages for U.S. workers, if they meet certain criteria:

• Invest in American Jobs: Companies cannot move headquarters overseas or reduce the number or percentage of U.S.-based workers in comparison to workers overseas.

• Pay Fair Wages: Companies must pay at least 90% of U.S. workers an hourly wage equal to 150% of poverty for a family of three (about $14/hour or $30,000/year).

• Provide Quality Health Insurance: Companies must offer Affordable Care Act compliant healthcare to employees.

• Prepare Workers for Retirement: Companies must provide 90% of non-highly compensated U.S. employees a defined benefit plan OR a defined contribution plan and contribute at least 5% of worker compensation.

• Support Our Troops and Veterans: Companies must pay the difference between regular salary and military compensation for all National Guard and Reserve employees called for active duty and have a plan in place to recruit veterans.

• Create a Diverse Workforce: Companies must have a plan in place to recruit employees with disabilities.

The bill allows slightly amended benchmarks for small businesses to ensure that they can access the credit. To offset the cost of the Patriot Employer Tax Credit, the legislation would close a loophole that allows corporations to deduct interest expenses used to invest overseas – such as the interest costs of building a manufacturing plant overseas or shipping materials abroad – while allowing the company to defer paying taxes on income derived from those investments until it is repatriated. That loophole costs the economy about $50 billion each year.

----

as a LIbertarian, I should be straight up against the sort of infringement on free trade/globalism, but this isn't a bill that provides relief to Americans by giving them handouts. Its creates an environment where more people..strike that - more Americans - are getting paid a decent wage and can work toward retirement - without depending on the government to do anything other than look out for their best interest.

But I will say this - even thought Brown is a democrat, this is more likely to happen under Trump than it ever would under Hillary...and probably Bernie too.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:03 pm

Alan Dershowitz warned that the special counsel appointed to investigate the Trump campaign's connections to Russia is turning constitutional actions into crimes.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller is "going well beyond his authority as a prosecutor," the Harvard law professor emeritus and lifelong Democrat told "Outnumbered Overtime" on Monday.

Mueller has requested documents from the Justice Department regarding the president's firing of FBI Director James Comey and Attorney General Jeff Sessions' recusal from the Russia probe. He is scheduled to interview several White House officials.

"The president is entitled to fire the head of the FBI," Dershowitz said. "The president is entitled to direct his attorney general who to investigate, who not to."

"That's what the law has been since Thomas Jefferson," he added, saying that if we want to change it we must do so in the legislative arena, not through a prosecutor.

"I don't see that the prosecutor should have a right to turn a constitutionally protected act of the president into a crime by speculating on what his motive might have been," he stated.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:04 pm

gotdamn...Charlie Rose?

Eight women have told The Washington Post that longtime television host Charlie Rose made unwanted sexual advances toward them, including lewd phone calls, walking around naked in their presence, or groping their breasts, buttocks or genital areas.

The women were employees or aspired to work for Rose at the “Charlie Rose” show from the late 1990s to as recently as 2011. They ranged in age from 21 to 37 at the time of the alleged encounters. Rose, 75, whose show airs on PBS, also co-hosts “CBS This Morning” and is a contributing correspondent for “60 Minutes.”

There are striking commonalities in the accounts of the women, each of whom described their interactions with Rose in multiple interviews with The Post. For all of the women, reporters interviewed friends, colleagues or family members who said the women had confided in them about aspects of the incidents. Three of the eight spoke on the record.