Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:19 pm

This sounds like a top ten rap song...
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:01 am

Looks like the whole East Coast is about to get a “bomb cyclone” of snow and arctic temperatures.

It will be “the hottest first week in January on record!”
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Cletus » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:37 pm

How's is going in the rest of the world?

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:51 pm

The real bomb cyclone

WASHINGTON — President Trump essentially excommunicated his onetime chief strategist, Stephen K. Bannon, from his political circle on Wednesday, excoriating him as a self-promoting exaggerator who had “very little to do with our historic victory” and has now “lost his mind.”

In a written statement brimming with anger and resentment, Mr. Trump fired back at Mr. Bannon, who had made caustic comments about the president and his family to the author of a new book about the Trump White House. While Mr. Bannon had remained in touch with Mr. Trump even after being pushed out of the White House last summer, the two now appear to have reached a breaking point.

“Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my presidency,” Mr. Trump said in the statement. “When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind."

The president was responding to comments attributed to Mr. Bannon in a new book, “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” by Michael Wolff. The forthcoming book was obtained by The Guardian, which first reported Mr. Bannon’s jolting remarks.

In the book, Mr. Bannon was quoted suggesting that Donald Trump Jr., the future president’s son; Jared Kushner, his son-in-law; and Paul J. Manafort, then the campaign chairman, had been “treasonous” and “unpatriotic” for meeting with Russians offering incriminating information on Hillary Clinton during a June 2016 meeting in Trump Tower.

"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:05 pm

"brimming with anger and resentment"...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:17 pm

This seems exactly like the kind of calm, level-headed guy you'd want in charge of 1500 nukes.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:43 pm

The last calm, level headed POTUS went full on Neville Chamberlain with the Iranians. He gave the mullah’s everything except Michelle to join their harem.

I’m glad we now have a president that our enemies can’t give wedgies to.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:05 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:I’m glad we now have a president that our enemies can’t give wedgies to.
Seems the president's enemies are multiplying..from the ranks of his former campaign and WH staffers.

tsk tsk
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:24 am

An excerpt from that book on the nymag site is a compelling read.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:57 am

How so?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:41 pm

oh man..you need to read it.

I don't believe all of it, primarily because I've read another excerpt for a different book about how Trump planned his talking points going back to 2008 for a presidential run but making it appear more spur of the moment on the campaign trail, but this book basically says Trump never planned on winning and ran for president as a way to get a TV deal with Murdoch.

That's just the start of it.

here is the hollywood reporter version of it

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... se-1071504
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:44 pm

I think the 'Trump never expected to win, but ran for brand enhancement' narrative has been around for a while.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:20 pm

true but I never really had much context to read into it before

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:22 pm

Of all the insane stuff just in this article (imagine what's in the book), this is the most troubling and probalbuy the thing that is most likely to end the trump presidency:
There was more: Everybody was painfully aware of the increasing pace of his repetitions. It used to be inside of 30 minutes he'd repeat, word-for-word and expression-for-expression, the same three stories — now it was within 10 minutes. Indeed, many of his tweets were the product of his repetitions — he just couldn't stop saying something.
The guy is literally losing his mind. He can't last three more years.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:48 pm

"but this book basically says Trump never planned on winning and ran for president as a way to get a TV deal with Murdoch."

I absolutely believe that. Saw a skit (not sure if it was SNL, but maybe) where his campaign managers just keep coming up with more and more outrageous shit, sure that the next one will completely derail his candidacy (per his wishes), but, to their shock and dismay, people keep on buying it. Not that I believe the comedy skit version of it, but I do think he never had any intention of (or desire to) win the nomination, much less the presidency. I guess he'll be able to parlay this into monetary gain at some point, but from what I can tell, nobody wants the name Trump on their building anymore, certainly not in NYC. A recent Vanity Fair article about Trump Tower more or less said it's the best bargain in the city b/c no one wants to live there, at least not at comparable rates to anywhere else of similar location and amenities...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:06 am

From what I read, and the chatter about it, it sounds like a group of junior high school girls texting each other about a school girl that is outside their clique and they don’t like her, as in:

“Did you hear about Tracy today? OMG OMG OMG! Suzie used to be one of her friends even though Tracy never really had any friends because, like, who would ever want to be friends with a total skank like that anyway but Suzie told me that Tracy listens to Justin Beeber JUSTIN BEEBER!!!!! OMG not even my totally lame Mom has listened to Justin Beeber in like a hundred years anyway Suzie told me that Tracy is like TOTALLY into Scott like she could ever get Scott because Tracy has gotten SOOOOO fat have you even looked at the skirt she was wearing yesterday which went out of last year anyway and you could tell she could barely squeeze into it and her face has so many zits it looks like a pizza and she’s a disgusting obese little piggy I can’t stand her and in what universe does she think she could ever get a guy like Scott but Suzie says Tracy is like a total whore and lost her virginity to her brother when she was like 12 or something and now she sleeps with any boy who even looks at her like any boy would ever look at her but I hope she doesn’t throw her tubby body at Scott and then you know Scott does it because boys like to do that stuff GROSS! I hate Tracy and just wish she got AIDS and died.”

That’s what most reporting on Trump and discussion about him sounds like to non-TDS sufferers.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:24 pm

"From what I read, and the chatter about it, it sounds like a group of junior high school girls texting each other about a school girl that is outside their clique and they don’t like her"

That's actually probably not a terrible description of a lot of Washington infighting, but in spades with Trump and his gang. But again I say, irregardless of how you felt about Obama and his policies and his politics in general, the clear difference b/w his intelligence, maturity, seriousness and ability to negotiate complex issues compared to Trump is undeniable and remarkable. Add to that that he was just a good man in the commonly understood sense of that term, kinda like Jimmy Carter. I'm not saying you have to be a good man to be a good president, but it's still something...

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:25 pm

hedge wrote:"From what I read, and the chatter about it, it sounds like a group of junior high school girls texting each other about a school girl that is outside their clique and they don’t like her"

That's actually probably not a terrible description of a lot of Washington infighting, but in spades with Trump and his gang. But again I say, irregardless of how you felt about Obama and his policies and his politics in general, the clear difference b/w his intelligence, maturity, seriousness and ability to negotiate complex issues compared to Trump is undeniable and remarkable. Add to that that he was just a good man in the commonly understood sense of that term, kinda like Jimmy Carter. I'm not saying you have to be a good man to be a good president, but it's still something...
Yeah, but Obama is black so, you know, Prof isn't going to find many positives in the guy.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:34 pm

be careful what you wish for when talking about voter fraud

http://bloomsmag.com/a-mathematician-ma ... lence-her/