Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:49 pm

Do you have a picture of yourself on the 10 speed brandishing the 190?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:55 pm

hedge wrote:Do you have a picture of yourself on the 10 speed brandishing the 190?
it was a shitty 10 speed.

I just checked, you can still buy 10 speeds at J.C. Penney online..well whatever is the 10 speed of today. I guess a 21 speed mountain bike
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:56 pm

Is Uncle Lee's still a going concern?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:58 pm

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:07 pm

I mentioned that Logan bought a black powder rifle recently, 50 caliber. We took it out to a field the other weekend and shot it, that thing sounded like a cannon...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:35 pm

hedge wrote:I mentioned that Logan bought a black powder rifle recently, 50 caliber. We took it out to a field the other weekend and shot it, that thing sounded like a cannon...
yea, I'm not into black powder but they are fun. To me they are like a boat, they are fun when someone else has one.

Talk about low tech - I think they are so much off the radar that a kid can mail order one without going thru an FFL - although I'm sure they are pretty strict about buying the black powder.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:29 pm

San Francisco spends $30 million cleaning sidewalks of needles and human feces - and it doesn't make a dent

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/D ... 30013.html

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:51 am

probably mentioned here already, but...

--------------------

One of the revelations in Friday’s indictment handed down by Special Counsel Robert Mueller was that alleged Russian attempts to sow disunity in 2016 included the organization of both pro- and anti-Trump rallies in New York City on the Saturday after Election Day.

A check of their November 12 coverage showed both CNN and MSNBC gave enthusiastic coverage to the Russian-organized anti-Trump rally that day, with live reports every hour. Correspondents celebrated the idea that it was “a love rally,” and repeated the marchers’ anti-Trump mantras, such as: “We reject the President-elect.”

While the two liberal anti-Trump networks offered heavy coverage of the anti-Trump rally throughout the day, a check of coverage between noon and 5:00 p.m. Eastern found that the Fox News Channel offered only a short re-cap (66 seconds) at the start of their 4:00 p.m. Eastern hour.

Of course, none of the networks were aware of who was allegedly behind the march, but CNN and MSNBC reveled in the inflammatory messages of the march. At one point, MSNBC anchor Alex Witt credulously responded to the ridiculously alarmist rhetoric: “That woman, when she’s saying she’s concerned that black people will be shot in the street....Is that a legitimate concern for her? Because, that’s scary.”

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:23 am

Mueller has courageously and masterfully indicted 13 people for the high crime of "Tweeting While Russian." Maybe he can offer them a lighter sentence in return for flipping on Trump!!! "They have a story tell, and they are going to tell it! All it takes is one whistle blower and the whole house of cards will come crashing down! Trump is going down - DOWN I tell you!" The only problem with this TDS fantasy is the indictees all live in Russia, and are laughing their asses off at Mueller right now.

Other than this cell of dangerously Slavic internet trollers, Mueller has managed to indict Manafort for lying about his business activities before he ever worked for Trump. Mueller also dropped the hammer on a Coffee Boy for lying about his treasonous contacts with a former Maltese Ag Minister. (The bastage may have even betrayed our national decaf secrets to him!) Mueller only has one indicted witness left against Trump, and Mueller in the process of losing him:
How A Plea Reversal From Michael Flynn Could Uncover More Federal Corruption

On Friday, Judge Emmet Sullivan issued an order in United States v. Flynn that, while widely unnoticed, reveals something fascinating: A motion by Michael Flynn to withdraw his guilty plea based on government misconduct is likely in the works.

One of Sullivan’s first orders of business was to enter a standing order, on December 12, 2017, directing “the government to produce to defendant in a timely manner – including during plea negotiations – any evidence in its possession that is favorable to defendant and material either to defendant’s guilt or punishment.”

With a protective order in place, Flynn’s attorneys should start receiving the required disclosures from the special counsel’s office. There is cause to believe the FISA court was connected to the criminal charge filed against Flynn because Contreras, who recused less than a week after accepting Flynn’s guilty plea, “is one of just three FISA court judges who sits in the District of Columbia, where it is likely the Trump-Russia FISA warrants were sought.”

Remember, the special counsel charged Flynn with lying to FBI agents on January 24. While the charge did not identify the FBI agents involved, we know that Peter Strzok conducted the January interview that eventually led to the criminal case against Flynn. Strzok formed a part of Mueller’s team until he was removed following the discovery of hostile text messages concerning Trump, including a planned “insurance policy” should Trump win the White House.

Mueller must now provide Flynn all exculpatory evidence: Significantly, if the information is favorable to Flynn but the special counsel’s office believes it is immaterial, government attorneys must nonetheless provide the evidence to Sullivan to allow him to make the call. In other words, Mueller’s team cannot unilaterally decide what evidence matters...

Sullivan enters identical standing orders as a matter of course in all of his criminal cases, as he explained in a 2016 Cardozo Law Review article: “Following the Stevens case, I have issued a standing Brady Order for each criminal case on my docket... The Stevens case, of course, is the government’s corrupt prosecution of the late senator Ted Stevens—an investigation and prosecution which, as Sullivan put it, “were permeated by the systematic concealment of significant exculpatory evidence. . . .”

In his revised standing order issued on Friday, Sullivan dropped a lengthy footnote, detailing the case law and setting forth his position that, if material exculpatory evidence is withheld during plea negotiations, a defendant is entitled to withdraw his guilty plea.

Flynn’s attorneys now know what to do should Mueller’s team disclose such evidence. After the spanking Sullivan gave the prosecutors in the Stevens case, Mueller is on notice as well.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/19/mic ... orruption/
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:23 am

"Talk about low tech - I think they are so much off the radar that a kid can mail order one without going thru an FFL - although I'm sure they are pretty strict about buying the black powder."

No restrictions on felons buying them either, which is why Logan got it. And now they have the "powder" in a pre-made little lozenges, so you can load them up in like 10 seconds. Same with the .45 pistol he bought...

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:28 am

So Mueller indicts another today, bringing the total to 19 plus 3 organizations. He's been at it 10 months.

Going down memory lane, Ken Starr (and eventually Robert Ray) investigated JBC for over two years and at a cost of $70 million, and that was back when 70 mil was 70 mil, amirite? Lo and behold they got an impeachment out of it, with nary an indictment. Just a report saying Bill lied about some WH blowjobs, before he eventually came clean. Obstruction of justice. $70 million.

Anywho, continue on prof. Love your ravings about TDS; keep'em coming.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:58 am

hedge wrote:"Talk about low tech - I think they are so much off the radar that a kid can mail order one without going thru an FFL - although I'm sure they are pretty strict about buying the black powder."

No restrictions on felons buying them either, which is why Logan got it. And now they have the "powder" in a pre-made little lozenges, so you can load them up in like 10 seconds. Same with the .45 pistol he bought...

I don't know anything about the quick load but seems like it would make sense

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:28 pm

You can load up 6 rounds in the pistol. Can't understand the reasoning behind it that if felons aren't supposed to own firearms, these don't count...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:38 pm

hedge wrote:You can load up 6 rounds in the pistol. Can't understand the reasoning behind it that if felons aren't supposed to own firearms, these don't count...

yea you could mess up someone's day with it

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:03 pm

It's not even a bullet, just a round ball of lead that looks like it would literally blow your arm off if it hit you. It's like a small cannon...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:39 pm

this is a great example of why Americans struggle

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:22 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Sorry. I meant to say, "YUGE."
According to this article, 3% of Americans own half the guns.
Let's do some quick math. (That's not my strong subject, so please feel free to correct me if my math is incorrect.)

According to the US Census Bureau, there were approximately 326,971,407 people in America on January 1, 2018.
https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-r ... -2018.html

3% of that number would be 9,809,142. Right?

According to the Congressional Research Service, as reported by NPR, there are approximately 300 million guns in America. https://www.npr.org/2016/01/05/46201746 ... he-numbers.

So if you divide 300 million guns by 9,809,142 (3% of the US population) you get 30.5, correct? So, hedge, are you saying that the average gun owner owns 30.5 guns? If so, that is preposterous.
You have extremely poor reading comprehension.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:44 am

eCat wrote:I'd like to know what has changed with kids that makes them want to shoot up a school

No one over the age of 40 ever had this as a part of their lives.

Prior to 1985, you could even buy full auto machine guns - so guns laws, even though some people think otherwise have become stricter.

I'm not even going to try to suggest what that is with an educated guess but there are some factors.

Young kids laugh at the idea of violent first person shooter video games, but those weren't around until the early to mid 90's which is the start of school shootings

Also a good portion of these kids are on the spectrum and/or receiving drugs for some mental disorder - again - it wasn't until the mid 80's that there was a push to socialize these kids with general population. Now its expected that these special needs kids are mixed in with the standard students which has to bring on some anxiety.

Divorce was rampant in my generation - half the kids in my redneck bumpkin school had parents that were divorced, although I will say that a huge majority of them still had a strong male in their life.

School shootings predate social media so I don't think that is an issue - although I can see how social media can expedite the process.

I really don't know but I think we as a country should invest some time trying to figure it out. Its not easy access to guns. When I was a kid you could buy a semi-auo at J.C. Penney (I bought a Winchester 190 there, along with a 10 speed bicycle), Sears had their own brand of gun - J.C. Higgins, and before that it was Ted Williams, Kmart had a gun section and even sold hand guns, plus there were at least 3 other places that are now defunct - Uncle Lees, Howards and Woolco that sold hunting rifles and ammo.

Something has changed that makes this permissible in the mind of a psychopath where it once was never entertained.
bingo

combine call of duty junkie with a few antidepressants and mood stabilizers into a charles whitman type and who knows what you get

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:52 am

See, if heroin was legal, these kids would be too apathetic to go shoot up a school. But hey, as long as nobody is breaking into eCat's car, it's all good!

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:58 am

I wonder how America would react if someone made a video game where you had to assemble a bomb using easily obtainable chemicals and then blow up a building with it?

We're pretty numb to these first person shooters, grand theft auto and the like but I bet that one would hit close to home.

If we raise the age of gun buying to 21, then we should also include driver license, smart phones, M rated video games and joining the military.

If we agree that 18-20 is not mature enough to own a firearm, then we must admit they cannot be mature enough to support other "adult" responsibilities.

You think those kids from Parkland would support that as feverishly as they support gun control?