Boston Celtics - 3 Men and a Rondo

Moderators: T Dot O Dot, Owlman, Bklyn

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Re: Boston Celtics - 3 Men and a Rondo

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sat May 26, 2012 10:21 pm

if the sixers could make their freethrows they'd have closed this out in 6
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Sat May 26, 2012 11:22 pm

Okay, the Celtics look tired. Just tired. I don't see how they take 4 of the next 7 against the Heat. I suppose its possible (with a veteran team that plays such great D, anything is possible, they can beat anyone), but if they needed great defense to win this series, they will need UNREAL defense to beat the Heat. They are going to have to force the Heat to toss up bricks. Give Lebron.... nothing.

Obviously, I hope they beat the Heat, but I can't see it. Winning 3 of 5 maybe, but not 4 of 7.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun May 27, 2012 12:19 am

C's are going to need these things to beat Miami

Bosh to stay injured & Avery Bradley, Ray Allen to get healthy
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sun May 27, 2012 1:18 am

T Dot O Dot wrote:C's are going to need these things to beat Miami

Bosh to stay injured & Avery Bradley, Ray Allen to get healthy
Ray Allen needs surgery. If they get 10 points out of him on Monday, then he has done all that he can do.

This series for the Celtics depends on Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo, and Kevin Garnett. Oh, and another 27 point game from you-know-you wouldn't hurt.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Bklyn » Sun May 27, 2012 9:06 am

C's are toast, unfortunately.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Sun May 27, 2012 6:06 pm

yep, saw spurts of good basketball from them but not enough to make me believe they can beat the Heat (with or without Bosh)

I think they have almost as good a shot at beating the Heat as the Heat have of beating either SA or OKC

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:42 am

Rondo is nice, but I dont get why defenders fall for this move:

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:30 am

When you average about 12 assists thru the Playoffs and your opponent plays for a team who shoots the passing lanes aggressively, it makes this move very effective.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:27 am

I still don't get it

for a fake like that to work a baseline move must be pre-established, no?

i.e. you set a hard screen 5 times in a row.... then <fake!> , you slip the screen

I've never seen Rondo actually attempt that behind the back pass, ever. That's the book on him, it's gotta be in the scouting report.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:53 pm

I don't think it works every time, though. I've seen him try it and players not bite...but he often does it on the pick & roll switch, so it's not a guard who is playing him but an out-of-position big who may have a lot of things racing thru their minds at that point. I think he uses it a lot, in those situations, but he also does drive and flick the ball behind him for the KG 17 footer, or the Shuttlesworth 3 pointer.

So I can see how it stays effective for him.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:24 pm

Boston blew the game in regulation when the failed to get the defensive rebound after Miami shot all those three pointers with 2 minutes left.

Also, no one rotating to LBJ on that tying 3 pointer was horrible too...especially because they played excellent defense the whole game

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:41 pm

LBJ & Pierce both Dairy Queen'ed

shows how much of a beast Bron is

advantage Celtics

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:44 pm

They never should have let Wade take that shot with Bron out

double Wade & force them into a 2 pointer for the tie, the advantage is their in double OT

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:46 pm

Yeah, but BOS still had a gang of players with 5 fouls too, not including PP. They needed to get it over with.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:19 am

Rondo Calls Out Heat

Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo -- who finished Game 4 with 15 points, 15 assists and five rebounds -- took a shot at the Miami Heat at halftime of Sunday's game on his way to the locker room.

Asked by ESPN's Doris Burke what holes he was exploiting in the Heat defense, Rondo answered: "Them complaining and crying to the referees in transition."

Miami was called for 13 personal fouls in the first half (and 28 for the game), while Rondo picked up a technical after an altercation with Heat forward Shane Battier.

Following the Celtics' 93-91 overtime victory, Rondo again spoke with Burke and was asked if he expected any repercussions from his halftime comments.

"What I said was true," Rondo said. "I don't take back what I said. That's what it is."

The Celtics and Heat are tied 2-2 in their best-of-seven series with Game 5 set for Tuesday night in Miami.

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:15 am

I think the Heat believe they just have to show up to win.... watching the press conference after game 3 was pitiful. the Heat had just been pasted and LBJ and Wade were smiling and looking goofy in those dumb glasses as if they had just won. I hope their arrogance comes back to bite them in the butt. the Celts are out working them right now but the Heat don't seem to be taking it seriously. I hope the Heat keep waiting a little too long. Not winning a championship would be one thing, losing before reaching the finals would be another.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:41 pm

The return of TinkerBosh will help them. I'm hoping the fall though...I still think Boston is too beat up to win two of the next 3. How Ray Ray Shuttlesworth performs in Game 5 will tell me all I need to know.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:53 pm

I'm going to defend Danny Ainge on the Perkins for Jeff Green trade

Perk cant even collect interior passes or convert offensive rebounds, he puts up alot of empty stats

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:35 am

Yeah, he was acquired to deal with the size of the Lakers...and is not needed so much for the defense of about 26 other teams in the L.

Simitar
Sophomore

Post by Simitar » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:25 pm

Bklyn wrote:Yeah, he was acquired to deal with the size of the Lakers...and is not needed so much for the defense of about 26 other teams in the L.
It was a good trade at the time. Jeff Green is not real good at basketball and wasn't at all a part of the future plan. And at the time, the Lakers were still in "Championship mode" and Ibaka alone wasn't going to be able to stop Pau and Bynum. OKC was loaded everywhere but C, so Presti traded one marginal player for a different marginal one that helped balance out the roster.