The Detroit Pistons- Someday, we will rise again!

Moderators: T Dot O Dot, Owlman, Bklyn

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: The Detroit Pistons- Someday, we will rise again!

Post by Bklyn » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:56 pm

The D's outside shooting has been horrible. The good news is that that deficiency is easily rectified.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

tin mad dog
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Michigan

Post by tin mad dog » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:44 am

Drummond went and had a career-game against the 6ers yesterday. 31 points, 19 rebounds, 6 steals and 2 blocks. He left the game with about 4 minutes to go. Coach Cheeks said he didn't know how close Dre was to a 30/20 game or he might've kept him in. Also of note was the Philly was the first team to employ the Bang-a-Drum strategy in the THIRD quarter. It worked pretty well, as Dre was 3 for 13 at one point and Cheeks took him out. Philly was able to get a 25-point deficit down to 10, partially due to Drummond missing or then not being on the floor. In the 4th, he went 4 of 5 from the line and they stopped fouling.
More likely to be at http://detroitpistonsforum.com or http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/forums/ but I'll pop in every now and again.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:59 pm

Mo just didn't want to see Drummond get his rocks off in his old playing town. Mo's jersey is in those rafters. Always a Sixer.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

sotola
Sophomore

Post by sotola » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:02 pm

the more i see drummond, the more i see a more athletic Ben Wallace (which is pretty impressive). I don't know if I see Drummond ever turning his talents into an offensive force tho. 32.1% from the ft line this year.... yikes

i am sure he will see himself on the bench regularly down the stretch of close games. that line score is impressive for any guy but to do it in 33 minutes is even more impressive.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:54 am

"the more i see drummond, the more i see a more athletic Ben Wallace"

The more I hear about the Hitler fellow, the less I care for him...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

tin mad dog
Sophomore

Post by tin mad dog » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:43 pm

Even without Dwayne Wade, winning at last night was their most impressive game of the year. Drummond was in foul trouble for much of the game (Joey Crawford) but still put up 10 points, 18 rebounds, 2 steals and a block in 22 minutes.

They play at Milwaukee tonight. The Bucks are bad but it will still take something for Detroit to win a back-to-back on the road. The Pistons are slowly creeping up to .500. That's like a 3-seed in the terrible East!
More likely to be at http://detroitpistonsforum.com or http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/forums/ but I'll pop in every now and again.

tin mad dog
Sophomore

Post by tin mad dog » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:47 pm

Well, obviously the season turned to shit not long after my previous post.

Mo Cheeks was bad.

John Loyer was worse.

No trades were made.

Dumars is now done.

KCP got benched for no real reason and was awful as a reserve. He started last night and put up 30 on OKC. What may have been....

Drummond had a very good season but did have a fall-off in his defense for the last 4-5 weeks of the season.

Jennings is a poor man's Nick Van Exel, without the heart.

Billups never was right and will probably be moving into the front office in some capacity.

To cap things off, they didn't tank as hard as many of the other Eastern Conference teams and now may wind up losing their 1st round pick to Charlotte if it lands outside of the Top 8 come lottery time.

It's going to be a crazy off-season. I think one of (if not both) Moose Monroe or J-Smoove has to go. Smith is not best-suited as a SF and Monroe wants a Max-Contract, even though he plays minimal D. Jennings could be gone too, if Detroit can find a trade partner.

Drummond is the only sure-fire thing and it's time for whoever winds up in charge to make sure he's around people that care about winning a lot more than this current group does.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:06 pm

Just watched the 30 for 30 on the Bad Boys. As usual, a great production, and probably even more interesting to me as I vividly recall most of it as it happened...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.