Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Curse of the Clippers

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:21 pm

http://www.iamagm.com/article/chris-pau ... DRneMFlTms

WIthout any warning through the media, Clippers point guard Chris Paul has surgery for a torn ligament in his thumb. Rehabilitation is expected to last for eight weeks, which is cutting it very close to the start of the NBA regular season.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: The New Team In LA - The LA Basketball Clippers

Post by Bklyn » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:37 pm

Yeah, I'm sure CP3 will be there come Halloween.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:52 am

This Kyrie Irving kid is really good. Better than I thought. He's a game changer.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Sat May 04, 2013 1:01 am

Suck it, Floppers. Go to hell and die.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sat May 04, 2013 6:10 pm

I'm happy too. Eff the lesser LA teams.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat May 04, 2013 6:51 pm

Which one are you talking about?

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sat May 04, 2013 10:08 pm

and now chris paul is going to hijack the clippers during free agency this summer, im getting sick of the primadonnas

to top it off, Bulls are up 8 in a game 7 versus Brooklyn..... and still no Derrick Rose, i'm LOL'ing at the "Derrick Rose is not walking through the door" references, dude is mentally fragile
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sun May 05, 2013 8:35 am

Yeah. The Nets are a horribly coached team and don't have anyone mentally tough either. This series, and Rose's response, has forever changed my opinion of dude.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Sun May 05, 2013 9:43 am

What do you mean hijack the team? Chris Paul is top of the line point guard desired by virtually every team in the league. If he shouldn't get max money, no one should. Offer what you think you should based on your salary structure, then see if he's willing to go to a less contending team (like he left) for more.

In terms of the contending teams, Houston has enough money to offer him and I don't think they want or need a PG as much as they need a PF. Atlanta has few people on their roster under contract for next year and they have to resign Josh Smith. Note: Chris Paul is from Atlanta, so they could easily be a destination, even if the Clips offer him the max with that extra year (for what it's worth, I think Howard is also from the Atlanta area).
My Dad is my hero still.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sun May 05, 2013 10:00 am

I thought CP was from Carolina.

But, either way, you're right. Chris Paul deserves a max deal and Del Negro needs to be let go. I would hire Phil Jackson as a 2 year coach, with a succession plan in place, and as GM. Then sign CP3 and stick it to Jim Buss and the Lakers.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Sun May 05, 2013 10:11 am

You're right, he was from Carolina. I've been over at hoopshype.com looking at the salary cap of each of the teams, which will likely be at 60 miillion or so. Luxury tax at 70 million possibly. Atlanta has nobody but Horford really under contract for next year and I doubt they sign Josh Smith to a max deal (especially after his poor playoff performance)
My Dad is my hero still.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun May 05, 2013 10:37 am

where did I ever say he shouldn't get the max?

the hijack will be dragging out his free agency while sending the clippers mixed messages about what he wants to do, I'm still impressed with what Utah did with Deron Williams

You offer an extension, leave it on the table for 5 days.... if dude doesnt accept then pull the trigger on a trade, otherwise you run the risk of getting absolutely nothing in return
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun May 05, 2013 10:40 am

Josh Smith is leaving Atlanta, he's made that clear to the management, they did all they could to move him at the deadline but the offers included taking back salary they didnt want, they weighed the options and felt their better off going into the summer with the capspace

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Sun May 05, 2013 10:49 am

T Dot O Dot wrote:where did I ever say he shouldn't get the max?

the hijack will be dragging out his free agency while sending the clippers mixed messages about what he wants to do, I'm still impressed with what Utah did with Deron Williams

You offer an extension, leave it on the table for 5 days.... if dude doesnt accept then pull the trigger on a trade, otherwise you run the risk of getting absolutely nothing in return
Trade him? Is he under contract? Or are you talking sign and trade? If the latter, he'll still be able to take his time to decide what he's going to do. And he'll still be able to get his max deal, just not with the Clippers. But I do see what you mean, they'll be able to sign someone (They'll have about 15 million to sign someone).
My Dad is my hero still.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun May 05, 2013 11:11 am

I meant during mid-season, put an extension on the table, if the player doesnt accept, then move him, especially if it's a max offer because at that point there's not much more you can offer

at any point this season Paul could have extended, the Clippers would have gladly maxed him

pulling the trigger on a trade at that point is the best course of action, Toronto & Cleveland got nothing back from Bron/Bosh, Orlando waited too long and got a meager return (role players & draft picks that wont be in the high lottery)

OKC situation does not fit my above criteria because they weren't offering Harden the max, but they reached their limit and received decent talent in return.

My point is, if the max extension is on the table & the player won't do it, he's most likely a goner. Trade him ASAP & recoup the best you can.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Sun May 05, 2013 11:12 am

That I can understand.
My Dad is my hero still.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:29 am

Good old Donald T. Sterling.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:34 am

Clearly Magic masterminded the whole thing in a bid to buy the soon to be available Clippers. I read that somewhere.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Because, as everyone has said for years, Magic is the Littlefinger of the NBA. You could tell by his bball Analysis on ABC.

Actually, the sharks will swarm around Sterling. Landing an LA franchise is a goldmine and I think Sterling will be selling within the year. He bought the shit for roughly $20M 30 years ago and it's got to be worth $600M now. Not a bad ROI.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:35 pm

Estimated that he'll get as much as a billion. Which just goes to show, racism does pay.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.