The NFL

Moderators: T Dot O Dot, Owlman, Bklyn

Simitar
Sophomore

Re: The NFL

Post by Simitar » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:10 pm

Jesus...

--------------------

Williams can be heard in the audio recording instructing his defensive players to injure quarterback Alex Smith, running back Frank Gore, tight end Vernon Davis and receivers Michael Crabtree and Kyle Williams.

According to Pamphilon, Gregg Williams pointed to his chin while telling his players to hit Smith "right there" and says, "Remember me. I got the first one. I got the first one. Go get it. Go lay that m----------- out."

Williams uses one of his favorite slogans in the speech -- "Kill the head and the body will die."

On Gore: "We've got to do everything in the world to make sure we kill Frank Gore's head. We want him running sideways. We want his head sideways."

On running back Kendall Hunter: "Little 32, we're going to knock the f--- out of him."

On Smith: "Every single one of you, before you get off the pile, affect the head. Early, affect the head. Continue, touch and hit the head."

On Kyle Williams: "We need to find out in the first two series of the game, that little wide receiver, No. 10, about his concussion. We need to f------ put a lick on him right now. He needs to decide. He needs to f------ decide."

On Crabtree: "We need to decide whether Crabtree wants to be a fake-ass prima donna, or he wants to be a tough guy. We need to find out. He becomes human when we f------ take out that outside ACL."

On Davis: "We need to decide how many times we can bull rush and and we can f------ put Vernon Davis' ankles over the pile."

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Bklyn » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:13 pm

Yeah, I read that this morning. Dude earned his indefinite.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Id hire him. That's just football.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:07 pm

I wasn't tripping off it til he went to the ACL...
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Chuck Nevitt
Sophomore

Post by Chuck Nevitt » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:48 am

I bet that speech gets delivered a lot, in spite of the NFL's "saintly" image. They're always impervious, whether it's bounties, spying, drugs, or if something terrible happens to Peyton next season.

Chuck Nevitt
Sophomore

Post by Chuck Nevitt » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:48 am

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:04 pm

Heh, exactly.

Simitar
Sophomore

Post by Simitar » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:19 pm

Warren Sapp files for bankruptcy
Updated: April 7, 2012, 12:39 PM ET
Associated Press

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Former NFL star Warren Sapp owes more than $6.7 million to creditors and back child support and alimony, according to a Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing in South Florida.

Sapp's $6.45 million in assets includes 240 pairs of Jordan athletic shoes worth almost $6,500, a $2,250 watch and a lion skin rug worth $1,200. He also reported losing his 2002 Super Bowl ring with the Bucs and his 1991 national championship ring from the University of Miami.

The court documents were filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Fort Lauderdale on March 30. TMZ.com first reported the filing. A phone message and email left Saturday with his attorney, Chad Pugatch, were not immediately returned.

Sapp's average monthly income is $115,881, according to the filings, and includes $45,000 for a final contract payment with Showtime, $48,000 for an appearance with CCA Sports and $18,675 as an advance for a book deal. His contract with the NFL Network ends in August, the filings show, and it was unknown if the contract will be renewed.

Sapp, a former defensive tackle for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Oakland Raiders during his 13-year NFL career, was also once a contestant on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars."

He was arrested in 2010 following an alleged domestic violence incident at a Miami Beach hotel. He would have faced one count of misdemeanor domestic battery, but prosecutors declined to prosecute saying in court documents that there were inconsistencies in the victim's statements and evidence.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:19 pm

cheaper to keep her
My Dad is my hero still.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:32 pm

It had to be more than the woman on this one...

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Wed May 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Toronto will continue to play host to one regular-season Buffalo Bills game per year through 2017, QMI Agency has learned.

And tickets will be "significantly" cheaper, according to a source in the position to know.

The NFL's International Committee Tuesday morning in Atlanta approved the Bills' intention to extend its deal with the Rogers Centre, as QMI Agency first reported.

While a final agreement has not yet been reached between the Bills and Rogers Media, the source said the term will be for five years, the two sides are "very close," and "you can probably expect an announcement in the coming weeks."

From 2013-17, then, the Bills will continue to play one of their eight annual regular-season home games at Toronto's downtown domed stadium. Probably only one pre-season game will be part of the new contract, the source said.

The final regular-season game of the Bills' original five-year, $78-million contract with Rogers takes place Dec. 16 against the Seattle Seahawks.

The source said the extension will be "significantly" less lucrative for the Bills. As a result, NFL fans in Ontario and Western New York can expect ticket prices to be "significantly reduced." Rogers has received immense criticism for the high prices of tickets to Bills-in-Toronto games.

Both Rogers Media president Keith Pelley and Bills CEO Russ Brandon have said in recent months that the two sides were optimistic an extension would soon be reached.

In response to a request for a comment on this story, Brandon said in a statement:

"The International Committee's decision to approve the continuation of our games in Toronto is a crucial step in our ongoing efforts to regionalize our franchise. As we have stated on many occasions, the regionalization process remains vital to keeping our franchise strong in Western New York. We are continuing our discussions with Rogers Communications on a new deal and remain optimistic that we can come to an agreement in the near future."

When reached Tuesday afternoon, Pelley said:

"We are pleased with the International Committee's decision to approve a continuation of the Bills series. Now our attention will turn to trying to finalize the deal with the Bills."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/NFL/ ... 85951.html
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed May 23, 2012 2:18 pm

That arrangement would be real cool if the Bills were a better team (but if they were, the Buffalo community would be even more adamant about keeping home games at home...so their sucktitude helps in that regard).

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Wed May 23, 2012 2:30 pm

without Toronto the Bills would not be viable in their current market

I've listened to their sports radio, alot of fans are pissed about the lost home game and the hosts have to keep reminding them that without the money from this deal the team would most likely be sold to an ownership group who would most likely move the franchise all together
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 23, 2012 5:01 pm

The L.A. Bills just doesn't sound right. Of course they could always change the name.

Simitar
Sophomore

Post by Simitar » Wed May 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Shit, I had more bills when I lived in LA than anywhere else...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 23, 2012 6:38 pm

Still paying them off?

Simitar
Sophomore

Post by Simitar » Thu May 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Nah. They're long gone.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:47 am

Chad Johnson, the wide receiver who is as well known for his off-the-field antics as his ability to catch the ball, was arrested over a domestic violence dispute. Now playing for the Miami Dolphins, Johnson was arrested in Davie, Fla., for allegedly headbutting his wife.

The Miami Herald reports the couple got into an argument when Evelyn Lozada, whom Johnson married on the Fourth of July, because she found a receipt for condoms in their car. While parked in their driveway, Johnson allegedly headbutted her.

"She has a pretty good-sized laceration on her forehead," Davie Police Capt. Dale Engle told the Miami Herald.

Johnson posted $2,500 bond on Sunday morning. His attorney, Adam B. Swickle, addressed the media with a brief comment. "I think you're well aware I couldn't discuss anything that I've discussed with my client. At this point in time we have no comment."

The Dolphins released a short statement about the arrest.

"We are aware of the situation and are in the process of gathering all the relevant information," team spokesman Harvey Greene told Pro Football Talk via email.

Though Johnson was arrested in college, he has not been arrested since joining the NFL.

Johnson and Lozada were heavily featured on the season premiere of "Hard Knocks," the HBO reality show that chronicles an NFL team through training camp. Johnson was reprimanded by coach Joe Philbin for the language he used during news conferences last week.

As he walked out of the Dolphins' training facility on the first episode of "Hard Knocks," Johnson jokingly told team officials, "I'm going to get arrested this weekend."

When contact by the Miami Herald, Johnson's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, declined to comment.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:41 pm

As I have zero tolerance for domestic violence, I will not comment on the size of Evelyn's forehead in the context of this story.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:47 pm

Ocho Johnson doesn't have enough game to get involved in off the field shenanigans.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."