Moderators: T Dot O Dot, Owlman, Bklyn

Hizzy III
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: The NFL

Post by Hizzy III » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:38 am

They didn't really try to get Reggie isolated in space as much as I thought they would. Even a good number of the throws to him were kind of traditional dump offs over the middle, where he was more or less a last resort. And, as expected, there were a couple of plays where he definitely looked slower on the softer soil.
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Bklyn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:05 pm

It truly hurts my heart to link this...but I, too, believe it's a wrap

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/ ... e-now-done
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:15 pm

Yeah. That was bad.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:32 pm

The worst part is dealing with all the people in my office who don't watch a minute of ANY type of football come up to me (or call my office) to talk about the game, or generally what's wrong with the Eagles.

I'll talk to anyone who follows the game about the game, but I hate those conversations (and those people) more than I hate people who stand to the left on escalators...and I HATE those people.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

It's me Karen
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Michigan

Post by It's me Karen » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:20 am

Bklyn, I know what you mean. Around here, many of the people could give a crap about UM or OS until the big day. Then suddenly, you have all these people running around in brand new team shirts, going to parties and mouthing off when they win, like they've followed the team all year...

Another thing I'm going to bitch about...those flags put on car windows. People have them flying in the wind when their team is winning, but when things turn the other way, you can't find a flag to save your life.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:37 pm

Jay Cutler - broken thumb on his throwing hand, could be out for the year

OUCH
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:17 am

been sayin this since WX

Vince Young = WINNER
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:26 am

yeah, it looks like I can finally have an Eagles game this year that we actually hold on in the 4th.

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:04 pm

The Giants offense was downright embarrassing last night. Less than 30 yards rushing? Seriously? I'm not sure what to say. It's almost as bad as Ray Rice only getting five carries last week at Seattle.

What the hell goes on in the minds of some of the OCs? I mean, seriously?

Also, if you lose at home to a team whose QB has thrown three INTs, you seriously need to have your pulse checked because you may, in fact, be dead.

That said, good on my boy Vince. That was a solid job of shaking off the errors and balling when it counts most.
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:43 pm

I guess that's why I never see Cam Newton doing in-depth pieces on Fox NFL Sundays.
Around midseason, with his frustrations about to blow, Newton's cellphone rang. It was Ray Lewis, the Ravens' future Hall of Fame linebacker. "Baby boy," crackled the voice on the other end of the line, "whatcha so mad about? Listen here, you ain't going through nothing that anybody that is great hasn't been through."

A defiant Newton swallowed hard, stood up straight and tried to explain himselfand Lewis filled his ear with laughter. "Four years," Lewis shouted. It took him four years to get Baltimore to .500. (In Year 5, the Ravens won the Super Bowl.) "This isn't who you are," Lewis said. "Why ain't you smiling? Get a damn smile on your face." To a man, Newton's teammates and coaches say they welcome his outspoken, unrelenting competitive fire. But if Ray Lewis calls out of the blue to say you're too intense, maybe it's time to chill a bit. "People are gonna respect the Panthers," says Newton. "And I want what I do as a quarterback to be scary. I want people to be in fear. I want it, and I'm gonna get it. But I realize now it's a process."
http://espn.go.com/espn/next2012/story/ ... n-magazine

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:42 pm

and Bomani Jones going in on Cam for pulling JaMarcus and Vince Young in unfairly...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/12/29/ ... acism-2011

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:57 pm

Bklyn wrote:I guess that's why I never see Cam Newton doing in-depth pieces on Fox NFL Sundays.
Around midseason, with his frustrations about to blow, Newton's cellphone rang. It was Ray Lewis, the Ravens' future Hall of Fame linebacker. "Baby boy," crackled the voice on the other end of the line, "whatcha so mad about? Listen here, you ain't going through nothing that anybody that is great hasn't been through."

A defiant Newton swallowed hard, stood up straight and tried to explain himselfand Lewis filled his ear with laughter. "Four years," Lewis shouted. It took him four years to get Baltimore to .500. (In Year 5, the Ravens won the Super Bowl.) "This isn't who you are," Lewis said. "Why ain't you smiling? Get a damn smile on your face." To a man, Newton's teammates and coaches say they welcome his outspoken, unrelenting competitive fire. But if Ray Lewis calls out of the blue to say you're too intense, maybe it's time to chill a bit. "People are gonna respect the Panthers," says Newton. "And I want what I do as a quarterback to be scary. I want people to be in fear. I want it, and I'm gonna get it. But I realize now it's a process."
http://espn.go.com/espn/next2012/story/ ... n-magazine
This was clearly before they played the Texans, who spent the afternoon continuing their celebration of their first-ever playoff berth. That said, Cam's future is big and bright. If Carolina retools the defense, I could see them replacing ATL in they playoff pecking order next year.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:43 am

JaMarcus deserves what he gets....

That said, I honestly think it was a bytch move for Cam to bring him & Vince Young up

those guys didn't bring you media scrutiny, all of that shyt came from your own backyard Cam

anyway, hes young, he'll learn

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:35 am

He should call Vince.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:13 am

This is Saturday morning in every neighborhood barbershop around the way...

http://www.foxsportsradio.com/pages/jas ... els/449784

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Ohh no. Anything with Jason Whitlock in the heading gets a big pause from me. Plus, I think I already know what it's about and it's par for the course.

The squeaky fucking wheel...

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:28 pm

This wasn't as much about Fat Bastid, it was about his barber "Big Deuce" who was on the podcast. Dude reminded me of my old barber, Jamar.

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:59 pm

LMAO off at Fat Bastid.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:13 pm

I did not know Jacobs (Gints) and Williams (Pack) were HS teammates...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2011/st ... uper-bowls

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:44 pm